Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They've fallen to 5th on xPTS so I think questions need to start being asked now of just what the ceiling is for Potter's incredible coaching and whether he should look to accept the offers to move on once the big CL clubs come knocking.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Our own Martin Reza has his tweet featured in the local Sussex paper's analysis of this weekend's loss against Sheffield. Congratulations Martin Reza jaan!

https://www.sussexlive.co.uk/sport/f...united-4817376
      That is good to see , a sensible tweet too.

Also I was laughing at the person who said Zeqiri showed promise in that game. He looked like he needed to spend more time with the u23 team before he has any sort of Spell with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post

Our man has the 3rd highest xG90 in the league, clear and definitive proof he's better than Salah and KDB. If that isn't enough for Khamenei to issue a fatwa on Potter I don't know what is.

I'd say some statistics junkie of an owner would sign him based off that alone but...well, he already has

Comment

What most of already know and what Brighton fans really need to be thinking instead is as Taz statistics have just shown that he is getting into goal scoring positions and making some brilliant goal scoring chances. All this in the limited amount of minutes he has has played.
          Two great chances set up and hit the crossbar against Sheffield United.
          The Opportunity for Welbeck and he nearly scored against Leicester.
          Then the lovely assist against United too.
          The header chance he had against Liverpool.
          These are the ones that just come to mind but there has been more too. You give a player more minutes and these ‘nearly’ turn into goals. If it isn’t going to happen at Brighton, then another team will see the benefits of him as a player.

Comment

I thought he was poor yesterday. To me the most concerning part of his game is that he looks completely lost on the field, and it is hard to understand whether this is a confidence issue or confusion around the instructions he is being given. Trossard is no better then Alireza technically but the difference is you can see him wanting the ball. Alireza doesn't seem to know where to go to get the ball and it seems sometimes like he is moving into spaces where he can't get it and pointing for the pass to go to other players. It almost seems like he doesn't want it because he is scared to make a mistake. He should be taking these games by the scruff of the neck and demanding the ball to his feet. It is so frustrating to watch because he has the capability, but yesterday was a big opportunity and IMO he did nothing to justify more playing time.
            ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

^^^ you is gaslighted mate. You lost faith in AliJ cos the dickhead has put doubts in yours mind about AliJ's skills, confidence, and playing abilities.
              This guy is better than all the strikers they have ever had. Only if they used him as one.
              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
              نگاه میکنید.
              sigpic
              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
                I thought he was poor yesterday. To me the most concerning part of his game is that he looks completely lost on the field, and it is hard to understand whether this is a confidence issue or confusion around the instructions he is being given. Trossard is no better then Alireza technically but the difference is you can see him wanting the ball. Alireza doesn't seem to know where to go to get the ball and it seems sometimes like he is moving into spaces where he can't get it and pointing for the pass to go to other players. It almost seems like he doesn't want it because he is scared to make a mistake. He should be taking these games by the scruff of the neck and demanding the ball to his feet. It is so frustrating to watch because he has the capability, but yesterday was a big opportunity and IMO he did nothing to justify more playing time.
                I said it earlier on in the thread , I think there was a problem with positioning in the Sheff United game but that was due to there being a lot of similar players on the pitch and mix ups especially with him and Lallanna on who would be in what position. Is this something though that should be translated from the sidelines.
                Yes at times he played a couple of bad balls and I agree I think in Prem League games with the limited minutes he has had that he can sometimes look like he is just looking to play the easy pass , but when you have the crowd getting at you which was has been apparent before then you look to play the easy ball so you don’t get hounded.
                Even with that though he still set up two beautiful chances and got in a great position for that header. Even with not playing his best with better finishing he has involvement in three goals and he is being lauded by all the fans there. That’s how close the margains were.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                  What most of already know and what Brighton fans really need to be thinking instead is as Taz statistics have just shown that he is getting into goal scoring positions and making some brilliant goal scoring chances. All this in the limited amount of minutes he has has played.
                  Two great chances set up and hit the crossbar against Sheffield United.
                  The Opportunity for Welbeck and he nearly scored against Leicester.
                  Then the lovely assist against United too.
                  The header chance he had against Liverpool.
                  These are the ones that just come to mind but there has been more too. You give a player more minutes and these ‘nearly’ turn into goals. If it isn’t going to happen at Brighton, then another team will see the benefits of him as a player.
                  It is like you give a lovely expensive warm and brilliant dovet to a homeless guy and within a few days it is completely ruined. In clubs like BHA players don't flourish, they wither.
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

The people on the Brighton forum are so clueless MY GOD lol. They put all the blame on JB and none on Potter LMAO. " He looks lost", "Out of position" "Getting in the way of other players".. Maybe potter is an idiot when it comes to tactics and giving his players instructions? Never thought id see so many people talk nonsense out of their Koon but here we are with Brighton fans.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadianEh View Post
                      Huh really .!?🤔
                      In the highlight reels He looked damn good all around & rather confident in possession & heavily involved most key offensive actions ..!?
                      How much time was he afforded anyways, probably not enough to really expect a whole lotta more from him !?
                      He is a pure, mostly attacking giveNgo winger & pretty direct in his general playing habits ..! I’m sure being instructed instead to form passing squares in center of MF & even so top of the box will obviously plays more to his general weaknesses & forces him into awkward positions & sorta kills his real strength as a player ..?

Comment

Alireza is the unluckiest player Ibhave ever seen. Poor boy. He could be the hero forever. Too bad. Another opp lost. Played awesome but....
                        sigpic
                        SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                        IRAN
                        - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                          The people on the Brighton forum are so clueless MY GOD lol. They put all the blame on JB and none on Potter LMAO. " He looks lost", "Out of position" "Getting in the way of other players".. Maybe potter is an idiot when it comes to tactics and giving his players instructions? Never thought id see so many people talk nonsense out of their Koon but here we are with Brighton fans.
                          If that is the case, then he should really get out of this racist town and find himself a place that can appreciate his talents. He is the reason team tied. I know he missed that header hitting the post but he set it up and created it for himself. Time for JB to make that tough decision. Or let’s hope of Brighton to be relegated so he gets out ASAP. These people are ridiculously unfair.
                          sigpic
                          SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                          IRAN
                          - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

Originally posted by arasradio View Post
                            If that is the case, then he should really get out of this racist town and find himself a place that can appreciate his talents. He is the reason team tied. I know he missed that header hitting the post but he set it up and created it for himself. Time for JB to make that tough decision. Or let’s hope of Brighton to be relegated so he gets out ASAP. These people are ridiculously unfair.
                            I suggest you go and have a look yourself on their Jb thread LOl it's actually hilarious how dumb they are. I do feel sad for them, being idiots and supporting a shit club.. yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                              The last 20 minutes of the game was played with 2 defenders (Webster and Dunk), 1 holding midfield (Bissouma) and 7 attackers (ARJ, Lallana, Connolly, Trossard, March, Wellbeck and Zekiri).

They were playing 2-1-7. I guarantee you guys that this formation is not rehearsed and no instruction is given. 7 guys in one line and of course you are going to run into each other's spaces... It was not just ARJ, everyone was confused. Potter lost the plot after we conceded a goal yesterday. I have a hard time seeing him making it to the next game. He was visibly shaken.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                                Huh really .!?🤔
                                In the highlight reels He looked damn good all around & rather confident in possession & heavily involved most key offensive actions ..!?
                                How much time was he afforded anyways, probably not enough to really expect a whole lotta more from him !?
                                He is a pure, mostly attacking giveNgo winger & pretty direct in his general playing habits ..! I’m sure being instructed instead to form passing squares in center of MF & even so top of the box will obviously plays more to his general weaknesses & forces him into awkward positions & sorta kills his real strength as a player ..?
                                You can't really tell how he played from watching the highlight reel. He just looks like he doesn't want the ball and he made a couple really poor passes. I am not saying he was the worst player on the pitch, just saying he did not play well and didn't do enough to justify more playing time. Some of this is down to his teammates, but he also needs to take some responsibility. Good players go looking for the ball when it is not coming to them. For example, a ball came to him in a good position in the box and he could have taken a first time shot with his left, but instead he turned away from the goal and passed to a teammate outside the box. Bizarre to me when his finishing IMO is what sets him apart from others.
                                ballast parcham bi boro bargard refigh negaran nabash bikhod to aslan

Comment

Working...
                                X