This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iman_Joon View Post
    "Graham Potter says Alireza Jahanbakhsh is knocking on the door of Brighton’s Premier League starting XI following a standout display in the 4-0 Carabao Cup thrashing of Portsmouth."

Baba dige how much must he proven to be given a fair chance? You've been saying the same shit everytime...

https://www.brightonandhoveindepende...th-2975873?amp
    Someone should knock on Graham Potter's door so to knock him out.

Lol "He's knocking on the Brighton's starting XI's door..". And who is gonna open this door, Solly March?

Graham cracker really is a strange fella, I tell you.

Comment

"Graham Potter says Alireza Jahanbakhsh is knocking on the door of Brighton’s Premier League starting XI following a standout display in the 4-0 Carabao Cup thrashing of Portsmouth."

Baba dige how much must he proven to be given a fair chance? You've been saying the same shit everytime...
      Seriously.. I'm sure we all thought after the bicycle kick against Chelsea that he pretty much sealed his starting position for the rest of the season.
      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
        Seriously.. I'm sure we all thought after the bicycle kick against Chelsea that he pretty much sealed his starting position for the rest of the season.
        Funny because after that game he just didn't really play anymore except for one game?

Also, on a side note, the brighton fans (from the BHAFC forum) appear to think the same way we do about ARJ. Therefore it isn't the "Persian bias" lol.

Comment

Potter is so arrogant. This club knocked oh AliJ's door begged him and paid their club's highest fees to sign him on. Now he says Ali's knocking on Brighton's XI door? By this he fucking means Ali is not in yet but is behind the fucking door till he fucking opens it. What an arrogant guy.
          If I were Ali after this amazing display I would not play for the pothead and demand a transfer.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

This is along the same lines as his prior statement on Ali: "He's good enough for the starting XI, but not good enough for the bench" (I'm paraphrasing, but the meaning was the same). WTF does this even mean? He was trying to say that BHA's bench is so deep that he has other options for ARJ's position, but damn, how much does a man have to prove himself before he's "good enough"?

Comment

Originally posted by FMCSMUBLB View Post
              https://www.brightonandhovealbion.co...-opportunities

The interview everyone is looking for
              Thanks for sharing this heart-warming interview. I am so proud of this young lad. He started his footballing career in Europe at a young age, shone in 2 clubs, became top goal scorer of their league. Got transferred to Brighton, endures such difficult days and never gave up, never complained or bitched about being unfairly benched for so long.

Literally every single time he has been given fair amount of playing time, he has impressed and scored some of the better English football league’s goals. Amazing demeanor, amazing command of English (With British accent LOL) and decent command of Dutch language.

Perseverance, discipline, class-act, composure, patience etc. Many of which most Iranian footballers lack. I wish we had more of the likes of ARJ, Mahdavikia and Hashemian...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                This is along the same lines as his prior statement on Ali: "He's good enough for the starting XI, but not good enough for the bench" (I'm paraphrasing, but the meaning was the same). WTF does this even mean? He was trying to say that BHA's bench is so deep that he has other options for ARJ's position, but damn, how much does a man have to prove himself before he's "good enough"?
                I usually reserve judgement when it comes to Head Coaches since I am not privy to all the facts, analytics and data yet I have to agree with you here. Potter lacks wisdom in this case. I am not sure what is behind it yet its clear that compared to majority of his teammates, ARJ is really superior in many aspects and just needs the opportunity to start. There seems to be an overall bias against our players in England. I just hope that wisdom will finally prevail.

Go ARJ!

Comment

We all know that he should start on the weekend, his confidence is high , he looks sharp and very fit and only played about 60 mins. I like seeing him in that free role that he was playing , starting off on the right wing but having the freedom to move around the pitch.

In reality, he will probably start on the bench against Newcastle and then come on when the team is losing (Newcastle looked decent in their first game , some very shrewd signings and Callum Wilson looked good) and the life has gone out of them and it it will be hard for him to influence the game.

Then against Preston next week he will play against a team that will play ten men behind the ball and hit on the counter so will be hard to break them down.

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                    For whatever the reason (ARJ was brought on by another coach, his wages, he wasn't another Ronaldo or Messi....), Potter wanted to push ARJ out the door and didn't play him to frustrate him. Much like what Real did to Gareth Bale. I didn't work,, he didn't leave. Now. he will use him this season and will say that "player is now showing improvement"....hogwash.
                    this..!!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      The other reason for Ali's success today was that he was finally allowed to play his natural position as a winger on the right (even though he was technically assigned as a forward for this game). He consistently delivered superb crosses and was in the right location at the right time for much of the action. What CH and Potter don't seem to understand, is that if you take any player who is skilled in a certain position, and then try and have him be running around like a chicken with his head cut off on the entire pitch to satisfy your asinine tactics, it will be of no use to anybody. We've all seen ARJ's heat maps in the Dutch league vs. the EPL. I suspect if someone did a heat map of ARJs game today in the Cup, it would be very similar to his Dutch league days. Let the lad do what he does best...as a RIGHT WINGER for God's sake.
                      looked more like a free roaming role across the front 3 but yea Mostly as a RWinger..!!
                      I think its gonna be back to same ol rigid, asinine and confusing tactics of his in more competitive League matches and highly doubt Ali would be able to express his footballing quality in those bizzare formations and tactics, hence he'd be only afforded limited features here n there in the league FTB, unless heavy scheduling and injuries decimate the squad and he is forced to rely on him more heavily..!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        lolll. This guy seems offended to concede ARJ "has some qualities". Ajab ozgali. Now that Ive seen that interview I Would not be surprised to see him strip his confidence again with another garbage 5 mins when they are 3-0 down
                        The way he talked about ARJ versus Veltman was kinda disappointing.. ARJ will just "play a part" but Veltman is a "great player"

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                          The way he talked about ARJ versus Veltman was kinda disappointing.. ARJ will just "play a part" but Veltman is a "great player"
                          That's why he should leave at any cost. I am still hoping for koln or ajax to rescue him

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            That's why he should leave at any cost. I am still hoping for koln or ajax to rescue him
                            Well, if BHA management/owners weren't so shortsighted, they wouldn't have given Potter a 5 year contract. If anything Potter should be the one leaving, as he hasn't done anything to improve the overall standings of BHA. On the other hand, ARJ put BHA on the map last year with his goal-of-the-season candidate and all the award/recognition he won.

Comment

I never knew a coach of a bottom ranked team could be so arrogant. Sadly, IF ARJ gets more playing time and shines he’ll be lauded as a “genius” for “grooming” him up to now.

People not realizing that he just pissed the hell out of him, which pushed him to play hungrier and more motivated.

Kudos to ARJ for having such a strong mindset.

Comment

It's hard even for the brittish fans not like him

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrettMend...96376991051785

Comment

Working...
                                X