Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not think Potter is a racist. His track record with Ghoddos shows he was willing to give an Iranian a shot. Make no mistake about it, Ghoddos may have held Swedish citizenship but he is still an Iranian no matter where he goes. With that being said, ARJ being an Iranian does not help his cause at all. If he was an Israeli, African, or European, etc. I am sure he would get more opportunities to show himself. Let’s also be honest, we expected more from ARJ at BHA. The team’s level of play has been low but ARJ hasn’t added the quality needed to raise them to the next level. His contract showed that was the expectation when he came in. Unfortunately, expectations were to high. He has earned the right to get more time/starts, let’s hope when he gets the opportunity he continues to show himself.

Comment

I'll be shocked if he doesn't get another scoring performance against a 47 year old Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard and an assortment of 9 other bums.

At which point we may see the glorious Trossard-Maupay-ARJ frontline. Ideally Everton away won't be his start though, give me Palace and West Brom in the following 2 games instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
        I'll be shocked if he doesn't get another scoring performance against a 47 year old Juan Mata, Jesse Lingard and an assortment of 9 other bums.

At which point we may see the glorious Trossard-Maupay-ARJ frontline. Ideally Everton away won't be his start though, give me Palace and West Brom in the following 2 games instead.
        If he starts against Man U in the cup game, it’s unlikely that he’d start 3 days later against Everton

Comment

If he's struggling to do a 3 day turnaround then we really do have bigger problems than fighting the racial injustices and attempting to remove Potter's knee off our necks.

Comment

People need to be careful with baseless accusation of racism. You can’t just call someone a racist because you disagree with their thinking. As previously stated by Amirhoushang, Potter had a very good relationship with Saman. Honestly, most likely it’s a Matter of preference for a type of player he sees as a fit in his system. For the people who really want to dispute this, just think of it more as a prejudice rather than racist. Prejudice against the type of player ARJ is.

Comment

I don't like the way this thread is going!

PSYCHOPATH
              https://open.spotify.com/track/54q3rTiRdvXGar9WvqJA4T

Comment

I think one person is calling him racist. Stop saying its a bunch of people.

Comment

Originally posted by kidmo View Post
                  I don't like the way this thread is going!

Neither do I....

Hope we return to a mature discussion here! And that very soon!
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...r-United/page2
                    Pretty much entire brighton board agreeing he was excellent and should start. Also all of them agreeing conolly was average or below average and offered little besides "running in behind".

Its interesting the few ones we seem to have collected struggle to just admit basic stuff like this.

Reality is few of us call potter RACIST, some of us truly think he has an agenda against arj for various reasons and ARJ is not being afforded the chances say a conolly is, and it seems that most brighton fans would prefer ARJ be given a real run (not a start here and there) to complete front three of him trossard and Maupay.

here was his near assist that trossard struck off post. I mean seriously, that is a top class level ball. 95% of players fuck that up, including the entirety of the brighton team. The weight, technique, and TIMING meant trossard just had to make a simple trap (simple bc when ball reached him it was floating, not hammered at him or behind him or ahead of him or at his knee or chest) and finish. He didnt need to smash it like he did at all.

This is what we keep trying to say to these superior british football experts who captained their sunday league 4 v 4 team...Yes ARJ is not adama traore, but NO that does not mean he cannot be successful and star in PL. His vision, DECISION MAKING, weight of pass, crossing, finishing , and willingness to work for the team more than makes up for his lack of lightning speed or ability to beat 5 guys (not that anybody in this brighton team has either of those characteristics).

Seriously, how can this be an argument that anybody truly disagrees with???

Comment

ARJ would have produced like this earlier, if he was granted more opportunities in offensive positions.

Hopefully now more of the world will see what ARJ has had to offer all this time...

Comment

Potter isn’t a racist but he doesn’t want Hughton’s signing (Alireza Jahanbakhsh) to succeed He signed Trossard and is pushing him. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see this. He is only giving Ali playing time in the Carabeo Cup so he can get some exposure so he can get rid of him.

It has nothing to do with racism but more to do with how much of a selfish bastard Potter is for wanting his big signing to outshine a previous coaches signing.

But karma is real and it’s in favor of Alireza. Why? Because he’s always hungry and he has delivered so far in the Carabeo Cup. The more Ali does well the more interviewers as Pottcrack questions as to why he won’t start Ali in the league.

Comment

If anything I think Potter fears Ali does well in the league too. What was it, last season there were 2 back to back matches in January. The first one Ali started and scored (where he cried). Then in the next game he came on as a sub and scored the bicycle kick to make it 1-1 and take a point from Chelsea. If that’s not called some momentum, I don’t know what is. One wonders why Potter didn’t focus on Ali after those back you back performances 🤔 Oh yeah, that’s right. Ali was still not ready to play EPL football.

Lol give me a break. It’s too obvious to ignore. Ali is not Potter’s main priority. His main priority are Solly March and his baby Trossard.

Comment

I think his priority might be improving Brighton and getting results tbf. But yeah, his agenda to destroy ARJ's career is a close second. And then third is to love and protect his wife and kids.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                              I would hope 8 years of CQ would say that stats are meaningless.
                              I think Iran-Morocco was supposed to be the final nail in the coffin for this argument.
                              The score at the end of the game is what matters. Nothing else does.
                              I wouldnt hesitate to say the same if it were Team Melli. If you dominate a game for 90 minutes but are too weak to defend a goal scored TWICE and instead concede mere minutes after scoring....TWICE... you deserve to lose.
                              For smaller and underdog teams maybe, but not for all.

Teams want to win and win in style. Play entertaining football. That's why it's a lot more fun to see a midtable team like Leicester compared to unwatchable dross like Burnley.
                              As long as Potter keeps BHA in the league, their fans are much happier to see quick passing style of play, compared to hoof it to big man Murray under Houghton.
                              Man Utd sacked Van Gal after he won the FA Cup because football was dross. Ditto Real Madrid a few times.

Fact is, Potter is evolving BHA's style of play in a positive way and away from the typical hoof and rush British football. Anyone who can't see it is blind. We all hope our boy ARJ gets more chances to be part of this evolution and it's looking likelier and likelier.

Calling Potter "racist" is complete strawman argument. It's such a victim mentality complex. Samman was the main man in Potter's old job where he did wonders, and I didn't see any one here calling Potter racist in 2018. Some of the posters need to grow up and look at the situation like an adult , not like a hysterical teenage girl.

For the record....Andy Robertson was completely frozen out of Liverpool Squad altogether in his first 4 months. Only an injury to MORENO, forced Klopp to give him a run of games and establish himself as the undisputed starter. Same with Fabinho in early 2018. This sort of situation happens at all clubs which a coach might have a blind spot, but then something clicks and all is happy. I think we're getting close to that stage with ARJ and Potter. Let's reassess this in a month-2months time.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                                For smaller and underdog teams maybe, but not for all.

Teams want to win and win in style. Play entertaining football. That's why it's a lot more fun to see a midtable team like Leicester compared to unwatchable dross like Burnley.
                                As long as Potter keeps BHA in the league, their fans are much happier to see quick passing style of play, compared to hoof it to big man Murray under Houghton.
                                Man Utd sacked Van Gal after he won the FA Cup because football was dross. Ditto Real Madrid a few times.

Fact is, Potter is evolving BHA's style of play in a positive way and away from the typical hoof and rush British football. Anyone who can't see it is blind. We all hope our boy ARJ gets more chances to be part of this evolution and it's looking likelier and likelier.

I never said I thought Potter was racist.

I personally believe there is a huge inconsistency between his words, intentions, and actions.

If he didn't want to play aliasghari then playing ARJ is the right move. In terms of passing, Ali Groß and Lallana are above and beyond the rest of the team.

In quick linkup, Alireza was far better than Murray/March or Izquierdo but still got stiffed.

Ali had 3 crosses in 15 minutes..1 assist, 1 crossbar, and one extra opportunity.

I wouldnt be so sure on Brighton being above and beyond relegation either. The top half of the EPL is getting more and more crowded with teams like Leicester, Everton, Wolves etc. They very much are underdogs still and should use the tools at their disposal to get enough points to stay up.

I'm not in the crowd hoping for Brighton to relegate but they need to be careful. Their "style" is better than previous seasons but they don't put out their best 11 everygame and it might end up hurting them at the end.

Every team that got promoted this year is on par or better than Brighton's overall collective. Something to keep in mind

Comment

Working...
                                X