Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow he got 2 min playing time. Don't be so negative. He will get playing time next season! Potter promised it...

F×ck i am so pi$$ed...

He should just find a way out of this club. He has still some days in this transfer window.
    Ajax doesnt need new player? Or any french, spanish club?
    sigpic

Comment

I think if Alireza was a friend , he would be the most loyal one ever. Like if you were on a night out and you had one too many he would make sure you got back home safe, or if you had a bad day at work he would come round to cheer you up.

Comment

I got it that many on this forum are frustrated and/or angry about ARJ's minutes and starting position in the league games. I am frustrated too. I just appreciate ARJ's attitude. The guy is a solid professional and keeps rooting for his teammates and makes the best of every opportunity. Let's just learn from him that how he comes on the pitch knowing he only has three minutes and makes the best of it. I have no doubt that he is frustrated too yet his strong character allows him to be with his own feelings regardless of how justified they might be and get to work day in day out. He never stops to amaze me.

Go ARJ!

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
          There is a reason the coach picks him. You can't argue with a 3-0 result against a decent side like NC.
          It doesn't matter if a player has bad stats etc March fits Potters vision and plans better. Coach makes the decisions, no coach wants to lose games.
          A lot of what we think is through a bias lens of being ARJ fans.
          When Pot-tard says "takes a while to adjust from a different country"
          that's a bit racist. WTF does that mean.
          Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

The only thing I picked up from watching this match was, how pathetic Newcastle is.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
              When Pot-tard says "takes a while to adjust from a different country"
              that's a bit racist. WTF does that mean.
              Yeh, doesn’t take much time to adjust from germany or France - Werner or Mupay

Comment

Bottom line is that Ali has to continue to dominate in the carabao cup and force potters hand / put himself on other pl team radars.

He will not get a chance in the starting side unless there is an injury to tossard, connolly, maupay or gross or if one of them starts stinking it up / team goes on a crap run and he is forced to try something else.

Objectively a 3-0 result doesn't make a coach change his lineup. If anything this result galvanized the lineup and made it harder for Ali.

I love the guy and I hate seeing him in this situation but at least he is making bank. Potter is a wanker.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                  Really sad. Alireza Jahanbakhsh is quite possibly our most consummate professional (since Mahdavikia) and he's being treated incredibly unfairly. There are 3 cases where Potter chooses to play him:

1. League matches - as a sub - where Brighton have secured the win (e.g. today).
                  2. League matches - as a sub - where Brighton have no chance of winning any longer (e.g. Chelsea).
                  3. Cup matches - as a starter - which aren't a priority for Brighton as their 'goal' is to remain in the top-flight.

Yes, Brighton won today but they did so against another fellow 'low-tier' club. Most managers would have vindicated Alireza's performance mid-week with a start today but by benching him (and giving him inconsequential ET minutes), all Potter has managed to do is crush the 'high' AJ had post-Carabao Cup MOTM. I do believe that AJ is a PL-calibre player but I also don't think he'll be given a real opportunity in the first team side (unless Brighton go on a terrible run and Potter's hands are forced due to job security or if there are a significant # of injuries).

In either case, Alireza is in a tough spot. The manager - who will likely not do anything noteworthy for this club - doesn't want him. Yet, his stock is such that he wouldn't have a fellow PL suitor. Staying in Brighton is probably the best option for Jahanbakhsh but it comes at the cost of playing opportunities. Problem with hoping that Brighton perform poorly for AJ to get his chance is that by that point, Brighton will either be hopelessly in a relegation spot or just fighting to avoid relegation.
                  Can't be arsed to get into an argument here, but when we start in a 3-4-1-2 formation then AliJ is fighting for a place with Trossard. Trossard scored against Chelsea and got an assist & hit the post today as well as 2 goals in his last 5 games last season so it's hard to drop him on current form. Ali J was excellent against Portsmouth but they're a L1 team. If ARJ was on that kind of form and got dropped for a player because he'd played well against a lower league team there would be outrage on here.

The fact that Ali was on the bench ahead of Gross (and Mac Allister) shows that his performance against Portsmouth has pushed him up in the rankings. He'll probably get another 60-80 minutes against Preston in the week before being subbed off if he plays well so he can be in the squad for next weekend again. I think he'll get a lot more minutes this season.

Comment

I knew He won’t get anything but few trash minutes if any
                    Glad I didn’t waste time trying to watch

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                      Can't be arsed to get into an argument here, but when we start in a 3-4-1-2 formation then AliJ is fighting for a place with Trossard. Trossard scored against Chelsea and got an assist & hit the post today as well as 2 goals in his last 5 games last season so it's hard to drop him on current form. Ali J was excellent against Portsmouth but they're a L1 team. If ARJ was on that kind of form and got dropped for a player because he'd played well against a lower league team there would be outrage on here.

The fact that Ali was on the bench ahead of Gross (and Mac Allister) shows that his performance against Portsmouth has pushed him up in the rankings. He'll probably get another 60-80 minutes against Preston in the week before being subbed off if he plays well so he can be in the squad for next weekend again. I think he'll get a lot more minutes this season.
                      Last season you said he was not good enough for the PL now you're saying he will get a lot more minutes this season?? I'm confused. Is he good enough for the PL or not??

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                        Last season you said he was not good enough for the PL now you're saying he will get a lot more minutes this season?? I'm confused. Is he good enough for the PL or not??
                        1) I never said he wasn't good enough for the Premier League. I said his strengths don't translate well to the Premier League.
                        2) I stand by that comment, but I don't pick the squad so what I think doesn't make a blind bit of difference what I think.
                        3) However the change in the main formation we play may well open up another opportunity to him which wasn't here last season.
                        4) If nobody wants to sign him then he won't be going anywhere, there's no point entirely freezing him out if that's what happens.

Comment

its simple. He is Iranian... Regardless He is the best player of Brighton if you ask me. yeh saro kaleh az hamashoon behtareh. Morabi nejaad parast!!! Madaresho....
                          sigpicVIVA K8RIMI

Comment

Oh god damn it, are we having this discussion again?
                            No it has nothing to do with him being Iranian.

There are a lot of racist gammons in the UK, but Potter isn't one of them.

This is a combination of wrong place, wrong time for Alireza, and Potter being a stubborn c*nt.

Either way, it was clear from the first 10 minutes of this game that Alireza would not get proper playing time.

If he has another good performance against Preston, and Brighton lose to Man U, he will get his chance.

For now chill, for a few weeks, and just pray he doesn't get called to the TM camp because that would keep him out of action for a couple weeks upon his return to the UK.

Also I don't think the Match against Preston is Televised.

Comment

Originally posted by BHAFC View Post
                              1) I never said he wasn't good enough for the Premier League. I said his strengths don't translate well to the Premier League.
                              2) I stand by that comment, but I don't pick the squad so what I think doesn't make a blind bit of difference what I think.
                              3) However the change in the main formation we play may well open up another opportunity to him which wasn't here last season.
                              4) If nobody wants to sign him then he won't be going anywhere, there's no point entirely freezing him out if that's what happens.
                              You're free to think however you want and so why am I. Any team that plays 4-4-2 will benefit from his services. It doesn't matter what league he is in.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Also I don't think the Match against Preston is Televised.
                                I could be wrong here, but I think due to fans not being allowed in all games are being shown live to some extent. There may be live streams on either the Preston or Brighton wesbites, it might be a VPN job and I doubt the streams will be free but I'm sure there will be some way to watch the game (and the fact it'll be streamed on the club sites does increase the chance of a free illegal stream appearing too)

Comment

Working...
                                X