Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor ball from Trossard then, played it earlier and Alireza was in.

Comment

Wow. What an insult. I hate this club more than any other club.

Comment

Few minutes on the pitch , better ball and he could have scored and nearly set a goal up.

Comment

trossard delayed pass to ARJ until defender had totally closed his angle.

Comment

3 minutes of playing time as a reward for a MOTM performance last week. What a disgrace of a person Potter is.

Comment

I genuinely don't understand Alireza now, obviously he enjoys being with his team mates etc (as was evident in the previous game and also in the celebration for Connollys goal), but it's clear to him that unless there's an injury to one of Brighton's main players, hes just going to be used as a sub and cup player. How can he just accept that as a player, after 2 seasons like that. I personally don't understand. He obviously wants to succeed in the EPL but he's got to realise that he's way down the pecking order and it's not like he's young enough to be waiting to "improve" to get his chances. It's so frustrating to follow.

Comment

ARJ got a few good touches. Better than nothing. BHA has a good team this season. Hopefully ARJ gets another start against Preston in the EFL Cup on Wednesday. I am sure he will make the best of it.

Go ARJ!

Comment

Potter to ARJ: Want playing time? Win the cup 😂

Guys this BHA team is good. ARJ is good too but just not preferred over others.
                  EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
                    I genuinely don't understand Alireza now, obviously he enjoys being with his team mates etc (as was evident in the previous game and also in the celebration for Connollys goal), but it's clear to him that unless there's an injury to one of Brighton's main players, hes just going to be used as a sub and cup player. How can he just accept that as a player, after 2 seasons like that. I personally don't understand. He obviously wants to succeed in the EPL but he's got to realise that he's way down the pecking order and it's not like he's young enough to be waiting to "improve" to get his chances. It's so frustrating to follow.
                    Is 20k a week an reason for you?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                      Potter to ARJ: Want playing time? Win the cup 😂

Guys this BHA team is good. ARJ is good too but just not preferred over others.
                      What is good? Solly March has horrible stats and still gets the nod every single damn time.

Comment

Really sad. Alireza Jahanbakhsh is quite possibly our most consummate professional (since Mahdavikia) and he's being treated incredibly unfairly. There are 3 cases where Potter chooses to play him:

1. League matches - as a sub - where Brighton have secured the win (e.g. today).
                        2. League matches - as a sub - where Brighton have no chance of winning any longer (e.g. Chelsea).
                        3. Cup matches - as a starter - which aren't a priority for Brighton as their 'goal' is to remain in the top-flight.

Yes, Brighton won today but they did so against another fellow 'low-tier' club. Most managers would have vindicated Alireza's performance mid-week with a start today but by benching him (and giving him inconsequential ET minutes), all Potter has managed to do is crush the 'high' AJ had post-Carabao Cup MOTM. I do believe that AJ is a PL-calibre player but I also don't think he'll be given a real opportunity in the first team side (unless Brighton go on a terrible run and Potter's hands are forced due to job security or if there are a significant # of injuries).

In either case, Alireza is in a tough spot. The manager - who will likely not do anything noteworthy for this club - doesn't want him. Yet, his stock is such that he wouldn't have a fellow PL suitor. Staying in Brighton is probably the best option for Jahanbakhsh but it comes at the cost of playing opportunities. Problem with hoping that Brighton perform poorly for AJ to get his chance is that by that point, Brighton will either be hopelessly in a relegation spot or just fighting to avoid relegation.

Comment

Super depressing. No other way to sugar coat it... Especially when ARJ's main competition in Trossard scores last week against Chelsea and now Connolly scored this week

I don't get why another EPL team doesn't take a chance on him?? There has to be some team willing to see his potential...

Frustrating to be an ARJ fan right now

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            What is good? Solly March has horrible stats and still gets the nod every single damn time.
                            There is a reason the coach picks him. You can't argue with a 3-0 result against a decent side like NC.
                            It doesn't matter if a player has bad stats etc March fits Potters vision and plans better. Coach makes the decisions, no coach wants to lose games.
                            A lot of what we think is through a bias lens of being ARJ fans.
                            EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
                              Is 20k a week an reason for you?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
                              He's earning 50k a week btw. And if you think he's only there for the money, think again as he can easily transfer to a Qatari or Chinese club for much more money. It's more his desire to play in the EPL than anything else.

Comment

Guys, two or three of the following four (Maupay, Connolly, Trousard, ARJ) will be playing up front every game. Potter has started to change his tune on ARJ. Comments like "ARJ has improved a lot in the last year" is code for "Because I am such a good coach, I have been able to transform him to a good player", etc, etc... The point is that Potter can give himself credit by playing ARJ now. He has changed the narrative to make ARJ one of "his" players... I am cautiously optimistic...

Comment

Working...
                                X