This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
    Why are you all surprised? Has his team at any point in the last year been able to score consistently? Last year’s semi-ok start had to do with weak schedule, nothing else. Now reality is catching up with those people who bought in to the hype. A home tie with one of the worst teams in the league.

But I bet their “expected goal” metric was much better.😂
    0.55-0.3 actually so fair result after the stark contrast between the two halves.

Still 4th on xPTS of course but that's a conversation we're not yet ready to have in these parts

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Potter’s plan for ARJ:
      1) play him in cup and U23 games only
      2) no matter how well he does, don’t start him in EPL games
      3) wait for an injury (“well Ali is out of consideration due to an injury”)
      4) once he’s healthy again, repeat steps 1-3
      Small clubs like Brighton hove blah blah are usually incompetent and unable to accommodate great players well. It is because they don't have the correct level of professionalism. They bought a great player and destroyed him. I wonder what would happen to a greater player say like Ronaldo or messi if they joined them? Reality is they would never even consider playing alongside mediocre players only fit to play at championship level even if they offered them the ownership of the entire club. Ali made a mistake joining a team of this calibre. He certainly is above championship level. But that was his own choice and he has to live with that. In the meantime I am quite excited about Azmun and Taremi. These two have much deeper chanteh.
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

It was all smiles and good vibes in here a few weeks ago when he was looking good and knocking on the door of the first team. He gets injured and back comes the toxicity and Ronaldo/Messi comparisons

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          It was all smiles and good vibes in here a few weeks ago when he was looking good and knocking on the door of the first team. He gets injured and back comes the toxicity and Ronaldo/Messi comparisons
          We have always been hopeful and still are. But every time we think this is it he has broken into the team he is hit with something. Player mismanagement by the club usually leads to deterioration of the player's condition be it physical or mental. This is the best example of such mismanagement.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Potter’s plan for ARJ:

1) play him in cup and U23 games only
            2) no matter how well he does, don’t start him in EPL games
            3) wait for an injury (“well Ali is out of consideration due to an injury”)
            4) once he’s healthy again, repeat steps 1-3
            Unfortunately, that is true my friend. The sad truth.

I don’t even have energy to go on tangents anymore. I’m just disappointed and disgusted really.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
              Brighton badly need creativity. ARJ brings that.

Hopefully we see him back by next week
              Yeah, but Brighton also needs a functioning brain inside the skull of their head coach to see that and play Jahanbakhsh. Unfortunately Graham Potter doesn’t see or care for Alireza. He’s not in his plans.

Comment

I promise I won’t go on a tangent. I just want to say one thing though.

You know, I watch Brighton play their league match and then I watch Chelsea vs Krasnodar. I see Hakim Ziyech playing and having a great time. Meanwhile Alireza Jahanbakhsh is busy feeding seagulls bread crumbs on the reserve squad.

Nothing makes me more sick when I see a talented player like Jahanbakhsh being treated like absolute dog shit, when his old rival Ziyech (who isn’t ALL that special) having a fantastic time at Chelsea. And yes, I did compare the two. Because to be completely honest, Ziyech has nothing amazing to offer that Alireza doesn’t have to offer. And yes, the comparison is coming from the fact that these are two players who came to the Premier League from Eredivisie.

One is being treated like shit and the other is smiling after scoring just his first goal for Chelsea this week. Nothing against Ziyech by the way. He’s a great player. I bring him up because I think Alireza isn’t any less and look at where he is and how he’s being treated. Let that sink in.
                Last edited by teammelli91; 10-28-2020, 11:01 PM.

Comment

3 losses and 2 draws are the results for Brighton under manager Graham Potter (last 5 matches). Next up are Tottenham!

I wonder how many more losses will convince the gambling lizard to come to his senses and fire this clown 🤔

Comment

Potter just said everyone in the team is healthy and training. So I guess there's a small chance we might see alireza this Sunday.

Edit: He Just said the game is too soon for Alireza. So no Alireza on Sunday.
                    Last edited by The; 10-29-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                      3 losses and 2 draws are the results for Brighton under manager Graham Potter (last 5 matches). Next up are Tottenham!

I wonder how many more losses will convince the gambling lizard to come to his senses and fire this clown 🤔
                      Last season we said the same thing and Brighton lucked out playing a weak Tottenham. Let's see

Comment

Are we going to go so far as saying Potter has injected injury into ARJ's hamstring??? Come on guys... He was getting closer and closer to the regular 11 and then he got hurt. We have to admit that this year seems much more positive compared to last year. It is a recurring muscle issue and we really can't blame Potter for it. Meanwhile, while he is out, no one is looking really special and they are not getting amazing results. Lets hope he heals soon and see where he ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          Potter just said everyone in the team is healthy and training. So I guess there's a small chance we might see alireza this Sunday.

Edit: He Just said the game is too soon for Alireza. So no Alireza on Sunday.
                          While I’m disappointed he’s missing action I would much rather he take his time returning and not rush it. That’s the worst thing you can do when dealing with an injury especially if you’re an injury prone player like ARJ
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            While I’m disappointed he’s missing action I would much rather he take his time returning and not rush it. That’s the worst thing you can do when dealing with an injury especially if you’re an injury prone player like ARJ
                            Yea, the angry smiley was more out of frustration that he hasn't recovered in time for a big game like this. I guess we might see him for Burnley.

Comment

alireza is still injured?

Comment

Yup.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/188...rip-tottenham/

Comment

Working...
                                X