This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    he is still our best overall RWinger..!! personally, cant rate anyone above him in THAT POSITION..!!
    I suppose if dragan had the wit and the balls to line up Sahab Zahedi on that spot opposite of Taremi with Sardar headlining CF...!! that'd probably be a lethal and physically stronger combo..!
    I used to think the same. ARJ was WAS our best RW/striker he has let himself down badly by either not working hard or letting a club mess with him. He needs a season to recover and prove he is our best. But I am not too sure right now he is our best. We must have some great RWingers in our own league is Iran.
    هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
    نگاه میکنید.
    sigpic
    I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

At this point I’m counting how many games are left until the end of the season.

12 more matches to go until Ali hopefully leaves Brighton 🤞🏼

Comment

I believe Jahanbakhsh is a better player now than 2.5 years ago when he came to Brighton. He is physically stronger and makes quicker better decisions. It’s just that being their most expensive signing played with his head and coaches f**king around with him got to him the first 18 months, but now he is over that too. Ultimately, he is going to be judged as he is compared to others in TM camps...

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
          I used to think the same. ARJ was WAS our best RW/striker he has let himself down badly by either not working hard or letting a club mess with him. He needs a season to recover and prove he is our best. But I am not too sure right now he is our best. We must have some great RWingers in our own league is Iran.
          tbf, a lotta what's happening to him at BHA are really outa his hand ..!
          he's still under contract at BHA, got a coach who simply doesnt rate him a whole lot and his game is not well suited to Pothead's preferred game tactics ..!! add to that mix the fact that he has been struggling for full fitness for much of his BHA career and forced to compete nearly at all times, against at least 5 other semi-decent, mostly international footballers in trainings hoping to be afforded a a few minutes here n there in a not so natural position on the pitch, often in lost cause game situation..!!

BHA stupidly forked over way too much $$ for his sigi hence having a hard time swallowing a likely Big Lo$$ it would take for them to offload him elswhere ..! and im guessing only serious Loan inquiries without a buy commitment has been actually tabled for his services and had there been any serious Transfer or Loan to Buy option then it musta required BHA to swallow a Large loss on their investment in Ali so far, hence they'd much rather hold on to him as a injury Depth or to give him away for peanuts ...!!

its a rather self defeating game that BHA front office is playing with him anyhow, as the longer he is sidelined or glued to the bench, the Lower his overall valuation goes and the more dosh they have to part with to eventually offload him elsewhere..!! Ali too obviously stands to loo$e A LOT from his inevitable exit too so being injured anyways most of the times has decided to delay the unavoidable so far..!

Comment

Thank goodness JB did not play in that disaster of a game. Fans would have slaughtered him.

Comment

BHA now sit #16, tied with Newcastle (17th) and 3 points above Fulham (18th). Potter is on life support.

Comment

Guys a lot of you know I have backed BHA since JB moved there for a few dif reasons besides the fact that he was there...I have a personal connection to the city since I have many fond memories growing up spending time in Brighton as it was the first place my father settled after leaving Iran. Ppl are great, city is beautiful and it indirectly had an impact on my life being it’s where my father began his education which led him coming to the US. When JB went to BHA I was ecstatic to say the least bc when Brighton got good over the course of the last 5-6 years (for their standards of course) and pushed for promotion I said ok here’s a team I can finally root for that I have some kind of connection to with the exception of TM and Persepolis of course which runs in my blood.

Year 1 with CH I was disappointed but also I didn’t know his brand of footy enough to know what to expect. He was a total gentleman and class act with how he treated JB but his style with the crop of players he had was always going to be a struggle to make it work. I was happy when he left like most here and even more happy when we saw a familiar face in Graham Potter who we all saw do great things with ostersunds and our very own saman.

Year 2 was the biggest disappointment to me bc we went in with such high expectations and got absolutely nothing in return as JB fans and it grew even more frustrating when he got his chances and delivered some miracle performances for the circumstances he was in not playing an entire half season and coming in and scoring goals and creating chances for his team.

Year 3 similar story, some injuries at bad times too here and there that made things worse for his situation which obviously isn’t his fault at all.

GP has been nothing but an a** to JB in his treatment but some here (myself included) admitted he was playing good footy and getting some respect for it across the league and from the media as well. I stand by what I said, at the time, BHA was playing solid footy and getting some good results (through JBs second year and GPS first). This year though it has been an utter disaster and disgrace on all levels. His recruitment of players has been suspect Danny welbeck being exhibit A, and his continued trust in championship caliber players like Connolly and Percy Tau (bringing him back from loan) to take minutes away from JB is simply disgraceful management. I think Welbeck and Connolly together have missed more chances than Arash goalnazan Borhani’s entire career! He’s been arrogant and he’s now paying the price and so is BHA.

All this said, I’m jumping of the BHA bandwagon officially. I can’t support a club that is this low and pathetic in play and insulting our guy JB by leaving him on the bench. The management likes to make it seem like they support JB but I’m truly skeptical of that bc there is no excuse for how bad they have been playing and also in turn how little of chances JB has gotten. As we speak I’m buying a crystal palace jersey
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

A football club is for life, not just for Nowruz.

Potter has very little input into recruitment, that one is on the club heirarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                    I believe Jahanbakhsh is a better player now than 2.5 years ago when he came to Brighton. He is physically stronger and makes quicker better decisions. It’s just that being their most expensive signing played with his head and coaches f**king around with him got to him the first 18 months, but now he is over that too. Ultimately, he is going to be judged as he is compared to others in TM camps...
                    Oh most definitely! Nobody can deny the intense physical and quick paced nature of the EPL. 2 examples of Iranian players who improved while being in the EPL:

1) Ando
                    2) Dejagah

Sure, Ando didn't play while at Fulham but when he flew back to Iran for matches you can just tell his progression on the field. Just by training with an EPL club alone. And Dejagah doesn't need explaining.

There's no doubt about a players' overall progression while being in the EPL, even if they don't play often. That's why I was confused as to why Juan Peron didn't call up Jahanbakhsh to Team Melli, even though Ali wasn't playing under Potter. He obviously didn't even do his homework on Asian football to comprehend how inviting Ali might benefit Team Melli vs Bahrain and Iraq. But that was his decision.

But Ali needs to play and his ultimate decision should be to leave Brighton in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      A football club is for life, not just for Nowruz.

Potter has very little input into recruitment, that one is on the club heirarchy.
                      BHA is FAR from a sorta club you'd make a Life Long Choice though..!! unless your a local ... i suppose ..?
                      even then you must question your sanity deciding so..!!

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                        Oh most definitely! Nobody can deny the intense physical and quick paced nature of the EPL. 2 examples of Iranian players who improved while being in the EPL:

1) Ando
                        2) Dejagah

Sure, Ando didn't play while at Fulham but when he flew back to Iran for matches you can just tell his progression on the field. Just by training with an EPL club alone. And Dejagah doesn't need explaining.

There's no doubt about a players' overall progression while being in the EPL, even if they don't play often. That's why I was confused as to why Juan Peron didn't call up Jahanbakhsh to Team Melli, even though Ali wasn't playing under Potter. He obviously didn't even do his homework on Asian football to comprehend how inviting Ali might benefit Team Melli vs Bahrain and Iraq. But that was his decision.

But Ali needs to play and his ultimate decision should be to leave Brighton in the summer.
                        lol, that K-lown for a coach, did look awful a lot like JP..!!

Comment

lol, that K-lown for a coach, did look awful a lot like JP..!!
                          I know right? I was watching a documentary on Eva Duarte and JP showed up smirking. Reminded me of that assclown lol.

Comment

^halaa dont go cry for me Argentina..!!!

was that her..? did i get the reference right..?

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                              I would like to believe this too, but it’s really hard to tell. I don’t think he has started consecutive games since the first season. Hard to tell where a player’s at based on 10 starts spread across 2 seasons.

Comment

^halaa dont go cry for me Argentina..!!!
                                was that her..? did i get the reference right..?
                                I think that was Madonna bro.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X