Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a game where a point was better for Brighton than for Everton, saying that though there was a few players including Welbeck and Maupay who looked out on their feet by the 75th minute and Everton were definitely there for the taking last night. If he brought some fresh legs on earlier then they may have scored, the amount of good positions that they got into and it was just tired finishing from the aforementioned two.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      It was a game where a point was better for Brighton than for Everton, saying that though there was a few players including Welbeck and Maupay who looked out on their feet by the 75th minute and Everton were definitely there for the taking last night. If he brought some fresh legs on earlier then they may have scored, the amount of good positions that they got into and it was just tired finishing from the aforementioned two.
      Trossard was basically sleep walking the whole 2nd half.

I really don't understand Potter's reluctance to sub out clearly tired players. Like if he doesn't rate Alireza fine, but at least bring in Mac Allister or someone else for one of the forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post

I've alluded to this big issue with Pothead's generally preferred game style before.... His tactics requires MUCH running and movement OFF THE BALL from nearly all players... including ALL HIS SUPPOSED ATTACKERS who also must frequently tank back as far as top of their own box in order to form passing squares and be able to POT POT their way forward from there back into opponents half and beyond....!! Maupay is the ideal sorta Striker for his system of play ...because his off the ball movement and workrate is immense..! but even him in this system of play is doomed to Fatigue and lack of Sharpness with shots/decisions near opponent's goal..! off course your avg BHA fan would point to XG factor and wants to quickly lay the blame on lack Quality enough Finishers/Strikers, yet in reality there are very few Strikers out there who could do that much running off the ball and still have the Stamina and Sharpness and caliber to lay a lively and accurate finishing touches and turn chances in to goals.....!! such caliber forwards are simply outa budget of their lowly club..!
        Pothead keeps changing his Formations from one game to next but his General approach to the games is all the same shit...! it was working for him much better early on in his BHA spell but soon enough other coaches in the league caught on to what his system of play is all about.. and now all they gotta do is to crowd their backlines when BHA are on the attack and let them wear themselves out lateral passing the shitt outa of the ball in non-threatning places and next bomb-rush their ass from time to time back and press them high up the pitch with big numbers .... dispossess the ball and get a swift goal against them and then continue to let them wear themselves out with pointless lateral passings etc...!

Comment

Leeds' Bielsaball relies on even more running and he doesn't replace his stars with pointless subs purely in the name of having fresh legs either.

Once again, it needs to be stressed, Brighton are having a successful season in their current position. Carlo Ancelotti failed against him, I think it's fair to say Potter has not been 'found out'.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            Leeds' Bielsaball relies on even more running and he doesn't replace his stars with pointless subs purely in the name of having fresh legs either.

Once again, it needs to be stressed, Brighton are having a successful season in their current position. Carlo Ancelotti failed against him, I think it's fair to say Potter has not been 'found out'.
            Sorry, but pointless subs are when you sub with 3-4 minutes left to play. That kind of subbing usually happens when a team is ahead and is trying to waste time or break the rhythm of a game. Genius Potter does that when he is trailing. Somebody should really tell him that wins are what counts in football!! I don't think he learned that in school.

As far as a successful season, well he is in 15th place. The same place where they finished in their first season at EPL!! Some improvement after passing the ball around for two seasons.
            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure what his 85+ min subs are either, my best guess is it offers ARJ a nice appearance bonus every week to reward him for his efforts in training. I assume he must make a good few K for each appearance off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                missed the match but that's gotta be some sorta record Ties in a single season..??(most of them scoreless too...!!)
                He is certainly the Tie-Master of EPL..?? somebody should photo shop Pothead's face over Susanne's in this image and post it in BHA forum..!! lol

or this one
                The bottom Susanne is Graham’s mistress.

Comment

A positive note, and no I’m not being sarcastic:

Did you guys see how comfortable and confident Ali looked? He looks like he’s got a plan and something up his sleeve. I don’t mean this in a negative ‘snake’ way but more so I’m thinking he’s playing the mental chess game with Potter and his staff. It almost feels like they want to get rid of him because Brighton payed him the biggest sum they’ve paid any player. But Alireza looks like he’s answering their decision by keeping a poker face.

Do you think somethings happening with a possible transfer offer? I want Ali to keep confident and be mentally motivated. Because it’s not easy to not play as much and as long as he has and be content. He doesn’t look overjoyed, but the sense I got from him is that “Okay, you want to bench me? Your choice. I’m getting paid millions and I get to train with the team. Play me for 4 minutes. You think I’m leaving? Nahh I’m keeping my money

Not saying this is necessarily good for him but it’s good that he doesn’t look down or demotivated. Either that or he’s really good at keeping a professional face.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    A positive note, and no I’m not being sarcastic:
                    Did you guys see how comfortable and confident Ali looked? He looks like he’s got a plan and something up his sleeve. I don’t mean this in a negative ‘snake’ way but more so I’m thinking he’s playing the mental chess game with Potter and his staff. It almost feels like they want to get rid of him because Brighton payed him the biggest sum they’ve paid any player. But Alireza looks like he’s answering their decision by keeping a poker face.
                    Do you think somethings happening with a possible transfer offer? I want Ali to keep confident and be mentally motivated. Because it’s not easy to not play as much and as long as he has and be content. He doesn’t look overjoyed, but the sense I got from him is that “Okay, you want to bench me? Your choice. I’m getting paid millions and I get to train with the team. Play me for 4 minutes. You think I’m leaving? Nahh I’m keeping my money
                    Not saying this is necessarily good for him but it’s good that he doesn’t look down or demotivated. Either that or he’s really good at keeping a professional face.
                    Thats why sardar called AJ8 a "good politician" ... siasatmadar" ...
                    Im sure its referring to his brighton BS stay

Comment

Comment

First Taremi's goal and now this, what a week for our boys. Incredible to see him flourishing under the tutelage of Potter like this, what a privelege.

Comment

Not sure if anyone else noticed this today but Brighton put up a post about AJ today showing off a fancy trick in training but they turned off comments, most probably because of all the Iranians flooding the comments section with nonsense.
                          you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
                            Not sure if anyone else noticed this today but Brighton put up a post about AJ today showing off a fancy trick in training but they turned off comments, most probably because of all the Iranians flooding the comments section with nonsense.
                            They turned off their comments quite sometime ago on Instagram (just sometime after Percy Tau came back to the club). They've limited their other posts to comments from their friends, ie people the club Instagram follows. Nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
                              They turned off their comments quite sometime ago on Instagram (just sometime after Percy Tau came back to the club). They've limited their other posts to comments from their friends, ie people the club Instagram follows. Nothing new.
                              Mate, all their other posts have comments enabled.
                              you can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do something about its width and depth
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taha View Post
                                Mate, all their other posts have comments enabled.
                                I know pal, but even those posts have limited comments enabled, so that only certain people can comment on it. They've done it to avoid any criticism towards them from fans etc

Comment

Working...
                                X