This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essi View Post
    And ARJ seems totally lost. He has lost the touch, motivation....he really needs to leave.
    He did look rusty for sure, never saw his touch so off. I guess he’s still getting back into the swing of things but agree he really does need to leave ASAP
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Comment

Honestly such a disappointing store with this transfer, let it be a lesson to younger players hoping to make a move. Do your research on a team properly before making the jump.

Alireza was at the peak of his confidence and form before this transfer and he's devolved into a nervous player who looks lost in his system, with his clubs fans turning on him at every chance they get.
        Its a mixture of both his fault and the environment he was in. All i can hope for is that he comes to his senses and gets a change in atmosphere at the very least. Sometimes that alone can make players look completely different I mean we see it all the time. Most recent example is Lingard.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          I have a feeling Benteke will score.
          How did you know?!

Comment

Wow
            I’m surprised he even made the bench much less featuring ..!
            I saw till about 60 min & had to get going
            Same ol same ol BHA
            Dominating possession with and wearing themselves out with a ton of lateral passings & running off the ball & then crowded out & clueless looking in the final 3rd of the pitch ..! That’s XG for y’all ..! @ least they look easy on the eye & they’re not as boring to watch as they were under CH, however still just not suited to ARJ’s style of play ..!
            Let’s hope he gets more minutes to hopefully garner some serious outside interest for his services this summer ..! He ain’t going anywhere in this team ... never really did & very unlikely to do so in future..! He’s milked the money thang too for long enough & needs to hit the exit door to a more suitable EU league this summer ..!

Comment

ARJ had a nice shot which was clipped by a defender and deflected. Other than that, not much time to get into any action. Potter looked crushed after the final goal.

Comment

Extended highlights, with ARJ's shot attempt just before 7:00.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/extende...221858062.html

Comment

Happy to see Ali is back. I can’t argue with Potter on this one. Ali just got back from injury and it takes time. So it would be dumb to be too upset with Graham Crackers decision.

But that was for this week vs Palace. Next match he should be getting more minutes. Granted he’s back in form.

Comment

And ultimately, Ali needs to leave Brighton lol.

The cliche and repeated post of this thread.

Comment

I take back everything I have said bad about Graham Potter. TBF He has done a great job at this club. He has got them play great combative and organised football. They just need a clinical finisher to conclude their attack.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Towards the end of the game on Sky Sports commentary they said that over the two Brighton/Palace games this season that have finished 1-1 and 2-1 that Brighton have had about 44 shots and Palace 4. That just describes Brighton’s season.

Comment

Comment

hum...!
                            so yet another player slowly getting fit to compete for spot across the offensive front..!
                            from a pure finishing perspective i'd rate Andone slightly better than Maupay and the rest of the CF options in BHA currently..! he should do much better in Pothead's system of play ?which is sure to afford him more chances and time in the opposition half of the play..! not sure he'd fair though in off the ball running and passing triangle positioning himself which is a key part of playing that system..!
                            only further highlights what really makes this league so difficult to break through in for players.... imo, Intense level of competition for playing minutes at EPL clubs ..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                              hum...!
                              so yet another player slowly getting fit to compete for spot across the offensive front..!
                              from a pure finishing perspective i'd rate Andone slightly better than Maupay and the rest of the CF options in BHA currently..! he should do much better in Pothead's system of play ?which is sure to afford him more chances and time in the opposition half of the play..! not sure he'd fair though in off the ball running and passing triangle positioning himself which is a key part of playing that system..!
                              only further highlights what really makes this league so difficult to break through in for players.... imo, Intense level of competition for playing minutes at EPL clubs ..!
                              Spot on! Just to add that Andone's problem is not skill its mental. If he can manage his emotions he can help this squad get the points they need to stay above relegation. Unfortunately he has a track record of getting stupid red cards for flagrant, aggressive fouls due to frustration.
                              I don't think he is direct competition for ARJ because he is a out and out striker, but it does add another body to a crowded yet ineffective offensive front.

Comment

I don't participate in this thread normally. It's too frustrating and everything has been said ad infinitum.

But I'd like to add one point that I have not seen mentioned here (although I hardly read most posts in this thread, so forgive me if this has been pointed out already)

To the point:

The last time I watched him play (a few games ago) I noticed a very good dead ball delivery by him.

I forgot if it was a corner or a free kick, but it was perfectly weighted.

TM has also not had a standout deadball taker since probably Teymourian and Nekounam. (Although Ghoddos seems promising).

Can those who have watched more of Jahanbakhsh weigh in on this. HAve you noticed this too? Is this a pattern?

As we all know he doesn't get much playing time.
                                We also know he does train and his team has good facilities.
                                We also know he is a serious and conciencious person.

My hope is:

Could it be that he has silently embarked upon upgrading his skill set by practising dead balls?

If not, he really should make use of that training time for it.

It could be a very valuable addition to TM.

Comment

Working...
                                X