Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can become a regular and play great in the local U7 girls team also. Let's be real, he could bang in 20 goals and another 20 assists and lead Feyenoord to a CL spot and a cup victory (that's the realistic ceiling for the club) and still, there would remain an emptiness in our souls watching him for this season. Just get the minutes in his legs and the smile on his face but I'll be damned if I'm actually watching their games.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      He can become a regular and play great in the local U7 girls team also. Let's be real, he could bang in 20 goals and another 20 assists and lead Feyenoord to a CL spot and a cup victory (that's the realistic ceiling for the club) and still, there would remain an emptiness in our souls watching him for this season. Just get the minutes in his legs and the smile on his face but I'll be damned if I'm actually watching their games.
      Feyenoord has more prestige than AZ or even brighton. A decent team from a better league has more chance to snap him from feyenoord than from AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        You think Go Ahead Eagles away is something to look forward to?
        I‘d rather watch Go Ahead Eagles away than a boring PL match with a 5 min appearance of JB
        Also whats in it for Team Melli when JB gets 5 minutes against Paul Pogba nothing...

Feyenoord is a club with a rich history man they won Champions League in the 70s
        Brighton has never won anything and is a shit club

Comment

He's being sold for 4m and turning 28 in august. I'm sure in a year or two if he plays well a team from France/portugal may take a bet on him for 7-10m.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
            Matches vs PSV, AJAX and AZ should still be a decent watch, I see where you are coming from.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              Matches vs PSV, AJAX and AZ should still be a decent watch, I see where you are coming from.
              Wonder how AZ fans will welcome him

Comment

this was about time, wasted time in England!

Comment

No offense to JB but at this point and base on the last few years, Gholizadeh, Torabi, Amiri, Saman provided much better service for TM than him. Even Torabi(who is playing his best football this season), was much better than JB in the last few matches for TM. So i am not even sure he will or deserve to be the first choice winger for TM. Don't forget guys like Ghaedi, Allahyar, Mohebbi also knocking the door as well.

Comment

Brighton deactivated the comments on all post on their instagram....

Comment

Fabrizio Romano mentioning the deal:

Comment

nice
                        now sign ma boyeeee Gucci and we be looking forward to Fey matches even more so than Porto..!!

looks like they also in dire need of a striker...!! can they afford anything better than Reza after breaking their budget to get Ali&Reza...??

Comment

I think what you guys are forgetting is that if he wasn't an Iranian you all would also agree with the general impression of the footballing world (at least the ones who know about him) that he has been a failure. Making it in the Netherlands doesn't mean what it used to be. Look at the best players and top scorers of the last 10-15 years and see how many of them actually have made it after their transfer.

Even the Dutch themselves make fun of the fact that any failed player can come to Netherlands and become the top goal scorer..

Gone are the days that Ronaldos, Romarios, van Nistelrooys and Robbens of this world would start their carriers in Netherlands.

In JB's specific case: he must have felt bad benchwarming the last year's, despite the big pay check. At least he now gets to play. And even in Netherlands Feyenoord was his only option. Ajax, PSV and AZ didn't want him (or they would get him), other teams can't afford him and Feyenoord due to their bad financial and general position could afford only "gambles" like JB. They either can get transfer free players, or players that have failed in "better" leagues but have the potential to make it in the weak Dutch team.

Be happy for him that he doesn't have to go to some Arabic league. And he has Gucci and the Iranian family that took him in during his NEC days to keep him company.

And him playing in the Dutch league vs being a benchwarmer against ManU, Chelsea, etc are much better for him and TM (if and when he gets called up).

And don't forget that Feyenoord Will playbin confederation cup this year...so at least you get to see him.playing some."European" games.

Comment

Comment

Jahanbakhsh immediately embraced by Brighton supporters: 'They even figured out his flight'

Published: Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 09:00
                              Last update: Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 09:35

Alireza Jahanbakhsh has not been able to live up to the high expectations at Brighton & Hove Albion, but nevertheless the attacker is in good standing among the supporters. According to club watcher Brian Owen of The Argus, this is mainly due to his mentality and hard work. After three years, Jahanbakhsh is on his way to Feyenoord for the small amount of about three million euros. The deal has already been completed and only needs to be confirmed by the clubs.

Brighton took over Jahanbakhsh from AZ in 2018 for the record amount of almost 25 million euros. In England, he made 50 Premier League appearances in three seasons and scored just two. Despite those poor stats, Jahanbakhsh has always been appreciated by the Brighton following. "There are a lot of good feelings about Ali," Owen told VoetbalPrimeur .

"He always came across as a real professional who works hard. I think he lacked some speed to play on the wing and presence to take center stage. And there were some question marks about his co-defending when he was on the wing. I can I also remember that he got injured a couple of times, while he was just starting to get visibly better," says Owen.

There is certainly no question of a maligned player. "The supporters recognize that he tried his best and was determined to succeed in the Premier League, rather than go straight back to the Netherlands. But there were mixed feelings about whether he was good enough. They will be his cue forever. against Chelsea. His advantage is definitely his attitude and the goals he scored were very well finished. I don't really see that he has developed very much here, but maybe I am wrong. He will think he has made strides ."

Jahanbakhsh entered the books as Brighton's most expensive player ever. Owen understands that the club has invested heavily in the man who scored 35 times in three seasons at AZ. "Brighton needed goals. They barely survived their first Premier League season and wanted to make strides. Despite the amount Brighton paid was high, it wasn't much compared to what you normally pay for a Premier League striker. Maybe "It was a calculated gamble. Brighton can't afford to bring in Premier League strikers who have already proven themselves. For them it was a bargain in relative terms."

Brighton supporters warmed to Jahanbakhsh when the deal with AZ was announced. "I remember there was a lot of enthusiasm when Alireza was brought in. Brighton supporters even figured out which flight he would take to England. I worked on several stories for the newspaper that weekend, including an impressive win for our cricket team. But everything. It was all about Ali at that time! The supporters wanted to know all about that."

Players who don't play in England are often rented out or sold, but that was not the case with Jahanbakhsh. The Iranian remained in his post for three seasons. "He said it was never an immediate success at his clubs in the Netherlands, so he always had the hope that it would work out for him in the second or third season. He said that to me at the end of his first season. He was confident that things would get better, although he was disappointed that he didn't score."

Autor: (Tim van Duijn/VoetbalPrimeur)

Source: https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws...lucht-uit.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                Jahanbakhsh immediately embraced by Brighton supporters: 'They even figured out his flight'

Published: Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 09:00
                                Last update: Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 09:35

Alireza Jahanbakhsh has not been able to live up to the high expectations at Brighton & Hove Albion,
                                but nevertheless the attacker is in good standing among the supporters. According to club watcher Brian Owen of The Argus, this is mainly due to his mentality and hard work. After three years, Jahanbakhsh is on his way to Feyenoord for the small amount of about three million euros. The deal has already been completed and only needs to be confirmed by the clubs.

Brighton took over Jahanbakhsh from AZ in 2018 for the record amount of almost 25 million euros. In England, he made 50 Premier League appearances in three seasons and scored just two. Despite those poor stats, Jahanbakhsh has always been appreciated by the Brighton following. "There are a lot of good feelings about Ali," Owen told VoetbalPrimeur .

"He always came across as a real professional who works hard. I think he lacked some speed to play on the wing and presence to take center stage. And there were some question marks about his co-defending when he was on the wing. I can I also remember that he got injured a couple of times, while he was just starting to get visibly better," says Owen.

There is certainly no question of a maligned player. "The supporters recognize that he tried his best and was determined to succeed in the Premier League, rather than go straight back to the Netherlands. But there were mixed feelings about whether he was good enough. They will be his cue forever. against Chelsea. His advantage is definitely his attitude and the goals he scored were very well finished. I don't really see that he has developed very much here, but maybe I am wrong. He will think he has made strides ."

Jahanbakhsh entered the books as Brighton's most expensive player ever. Owen understands that the club has invested heavily in the man who scored 35 times in three seasons at AZ. "Brighton needed goals. They barely survived their first Premier League season and wanted to make strides. Despite the amount Brighton paid was high, it wasn't much compared to what you normally pay for a Premier League striker. Maybe "It was a calculated gamble. Brighton can't afford to bring in Premier League strikers who have already proven themselves. For them it was a bargain in relative terms."

Brighton supporters warmed to Jahanbakhsh when the deal with AZ was announced. "I remember there was a lot of enthusiasm when Alireza was brought in. Brighton supporters even figured out which flight he would take to England. I worked on several stories for the newspaper that weekend, including an impressive win for our cricket team. But everything. It was all about Ali at that time! The supporters wanted to know all about that."

Players who don't play in England are often rented out or sold, but that was not the case with Jahanbakhsh. The Iranian remained in his post for three seasons. "He said it was never an immediate success at his clubs in the Netherlands, so he always had the hope that it would work out for him in the second or third season. He said that to me at the end of his first season. He was confident that things would get better, although he was disappointed that he didn't score."

Autor: (Tim van Duijn/VoetbalPrimeur)

Source: https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuws...lucht-uit.html
                                Boll***s!! High expectations? He was more than good enough for your shitty bottom of the league club. He certainly would have done much better in any other EPL club where they would have trained him into this league level within weeks if not months. But as it happens this highly professional player and very nice guy indeed put up with that clubs shit for 3 seasons simply because he is a nice guy. Lest we forget.
                                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                                نگاه میکنید.
                                sigpic
                                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X