X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.courrier-picard.fr/id125...box=1599743965

Translation of original article
    “transfer window, is getting closer and Amiens SC has taken a further step in its recruitment by confirming this morning, as announced on our site on Wednesday evening, the arrival in the form of a loan from Nantes defender Molla Wagué. The Opoku-Wagué hinge in central defense is looking good, at least physically, and the Amiens team are consolidating their bases while waiting for more recruits. What to consider, ipso facto, departures including that of Saman Ghoddos. The Brentford club (Championship, England D2), where he almost left last season, are keen to sign the Iranian midfielder who is not immune to this proposal. He also expressed the wish to leave and Amiens is not opposed to it on condition that he finds his way financially. At the same time, the ASC are expected to sign Belgian striker Stephen Odey. At 22, he plays in Genk (Belgian D1) and he is of Nigerian nationality.“

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      https://www.courrier-picard.fr/id125...box=1599743965

Translation of original article
      “transfer window, is getting closer and Amiens SC has taken a further step in its recruitment by confirming this morning, as announced on our site on Wednesday evening, the arrival in the form of a loan from Nantes defender Molla Wagué. The Opoku-Wagué hinge in central defense is looking good, at least physically, and the Amiens team are consolidating their bases while waiting for more recruits. What to consider, ipso facto, departures including that of Saman Ghoddos. The Brentford club (Championship, England D2), where he almost left last season, are keen to sign the Iranian midfielder who is not immune to this proposal. He also expressed the wish to leave and Amiens is not opposed to it on condition that he finds his way financially. At the same time, the ASC are expected to sign Belgian striker Stephen Odey. At 22, he plays in Genk (Belgian D1) and he is of Nigerian nationality.“
      good news. Hopefully with brentford latest influx of 30 mil from those idiots villa they can wrap up a 5-6 mil deal for saman.

Comment

Saman is a very valuable player for TM a classy player who is going to lead the midfield after Shojaie & Dejagah, Saman deserves play in a top club
        sigpic

Comment

Brentford fans getting that excited that they are dancing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/markjames...52919646896128

Comment

5 mil should be more than enough. Which shouldn’t be an issue thanks to Aston Villa
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Money ball definitely works at Brentford.

Rico Henry is an interesting one, I worked with his mom whilst he was at Walsall. Dean Smith being boss at the time of Brentford sold it for him as he was his manager at Walsall before. He had offers from other clubs (stereotypically bigger clubs) and he went there when he was being touted as the ‘next Ashley Cole’. He was unlucky with injuries but it has now shown it was the right move.
              Reggie Cannon > Rico Henry

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                Reggie Cannon > Rico Henry
                I have never seen Reggie Cannon play I must admit. How many times have you seen Rico play?

Comment

I have never seen Reggie Cannon play I must admit. How many times have you seen Rico play?
                  LOL Medzdidz, I was trolling you . Obviously Championship football is at a much higher level than the MLS. I haven't seen enough of Rico play as much as I would like to have (just a few games of Brentford once their "hype" started), but I take your word for it that he's a good player. He can't be bad if he's: 1) Scouted by Brentford and 2) Aston Villa are willing to break bank on him. Rico looks like a professional, I hope we see him in a 3 lions shirt rather than players who break C-19 guidelines on their NT debuts. Reggie Cannon's not bad, he recently moved to Boavista and has 11 caps for USMNT and is overall a very good person.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                    LOL Medzdidz, I was trolling you . Obviously Championship football is at a much higher level than the MLS. I haven't seen enough of Rico play as much as I would like to have (just a few games of Brentford once their "hype" started), but I take your word for it that he's a good player. He can't be bad if he's: 1) Scouted by Brentford and 2) Aston Villa are willing to break bank on him. Rico looks like a professional, I hope we see him in a 3 lions shirt rather than players who break C-19 guidelines on their NT debuts. Reggie Cannon's not bad, he recently moved to Boavista and has 11 caps for USMNT and is overall a very good person.
                    I was trying to give the professional response 😅.

Interestingly for Rico there was talks with both Arsenal and Liverpool before he joined Brentford. But he wouldn’t have been guaranteed first team football and he got on well with Dean Smith and wanted to make a smaller step up in progression.

Comment

French source states Ghoddos is not in the Amiens squad for the weekend match. Hopefully means he will leave:

"Absent: Gouano (stop); Ciss (injured) Alphonse (suspended); Ghoddos, Zungu, Mendoza and Chedjou."

https://www.courrier-picard.fr/id126...ce-au-paris-fc

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
                        French source states Ghoddos is not in the Amiens squad for the weekend match. Hopefully means he will leave:

"Absent: Gouano (stop); Ciss (injured) Alphonse (suspended); Ghoddos, Zungu, Mendoza and Chedjou."

https://www.courrier-picard.fr/id126...ce-au-paris-fc
                        thats as good as an indication we will get. They dont report him as injured. IF a deal is taking place/being negotiated I am sure that the last thing any involved party wants is a ghoddos injury which would end the whole thing, even if its not a long term injury, brentford with their outgoings need immediate impact from him.

Hopefully we see more concrete developments in the coming week.

Comment

Brentford kick their season off away at Birmingham City tomorrow, wonder if we will find out more then.
                          Maybe he will be sat in the crowd 😂

Comment

Originally posted by STYX View Post
                            Saman is a very valuable player for TM a classy player who is going to lead the midfield after Shojaie & Dejagah, Saman deserves play in a top club
                            indeed
                            him and Ezzai are about two most important missing pieces in Current TM ...!!
                            poor guy has gone through a very rough patch last 2 years in his career mostly down to amateur representation and off field issues and really deserves a reversal of fortunes on that front badly ..!
                            regardless of his club vows he should be a guaranteed 90minute starter in TM going forward, imo..!! we simply lack any other similarly caliber alternative for him barring Dejagha who seems played-out and/or on his last legs otherwise ..!
                            lets hope this Brentford move materializes sooner than later hopefully...! this club sure know how to spot and nurture underrated and under-appreciated talents..!

Comment

I read this on a Championship football forum regarding Brentford and I think it definitely has some valid, but fair points being made:

I'm a bit scared if this team gets promoted because they might be the best team when it comes to scouting in England. And they are not dependent on one person because they use data analytics/data analysis. Of course all teams do this but Brentford is probably the best at doing it. Their owner got rich because he found a way to beat the betting companies and earn money that way (he is very good at math and statistics). There's only 3 things that could stop them reaching for the top.
                              1. Their lack of commercial revenue and matchday income is to small to be able to compete with the biggest teams.
                              2. Many of the other teams learn how to use data analytics/data analysis equally efficient.
                              3. The owner quits (he is a Brentford fan so probably unlikely).
                              Imagine playing football manager with your favourite team in real life and being really good at it, that most be awesome!

Comment

Brentford kicking off at 12.30 GMT. Benrahama not in the squad speaks volumes for him leaving at some point , he isn’t injured.
                                Interesting if Ghoddos isn’t in squad tonight too for Amiens then looks like this move is very close to happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X