No announcement yet.

Iranian Legionaires @ QSL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t think there is hate for Ramin, most people seem to be saying that he should still be in the squad but to give other younger players like Moharammi a chance as we need to build to the future. Ramin is now 30 and if we qualify for the next World Cup he will be 32 and most likely not played in a higher level league for a while.

I do seem to remember as well that in previous threads on here and during the World Cup (and in his thread when he was playing in Belgium) that there were quite a few posters who were not so impressed with his performances.

Comment

I think if you have been on these boards long enough you have been through the rollercoasters of iranian transfers.
      Lets be honest, even with great transfers ultimately what we care about is our TM and I think there is a point of diminishing returs on that.
      Players like Ramin did not change much going to europe and I think if I was him I would love to live my life in Qatar making lots of money but still training and working hard.
      Ultimately if he is in TM he will perform the same whether he plays in QSL or in Belgium as we saw based on his performances.

Yes, young players going to europe and developing is great, but there is also a place for our experinced players going to QSL but still training hard and making their money.
      It's not fun for us fans but ultimately these players going to europe has not made a huge difference for TM historically.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        no I dont. How many matches of moharrami have you watched in the past year to come to conclusion that ramin is undisputed TM starter?
        And running to CQ is not an effective manner of explaining yourself either. For all his brilliance CQ had some weird preferences as well... as ansarifard,Hajsafi at LB, ghoddos on the bench can attest to. Majid case was a very random one and even if you remember although he was called up there was no plan for him to play until roozbeh got injured, pejman had to use the bathroom, and majid was the only avialable CB to come on and seize his chance late in the game. One thing I think CQ was trying to do was not quickly change the same group of players who had played well in qualifying as it could have bad impact on dressing room and team chemistry in general. But seeing how we are in totally new cycle it doesnt make sense to continue to deny opportunities to far superior players like kaveh, gholizadeh, moharrami, etc just like we handed majid a chance over jalal and saw how well that worked out. Anyways ramin is not cafu and ansarifard not muller to warrant such an insistence that they not be challenged.
        Anyways, we can agree to disagree. You seem like you are willing to put life on the line to defend some mediocre players like Karim,Ramin, etc at all costs. Thats fine, some of us prefer rewarding younger more talented players who are also grinding in europe and not running away because the weather is cold or crying on the bench after fuck ups 2 metres from their goal.
        Hold your horses there son! "For all his brilliance CQ had some weird preferences as well... as ansarifard,Hajsafi at LB, ghoddos on the bench can attest to".

First of all i'm not running to Queiroz, i just made a reference to Queiroz about the fact that in his professional view, Rezaeian was the best left back, better than Moharrami according to him otherwise he would have started or at the very least selected Moharrami. Secondly, you are the one running to Branco when you want to prove that Moharrami is better than Rezaeian by referring to the fact that Rezaeian was benched for Moharrami at Perspolis by Ivankovic. One of the reasons Rezaeian left Perspolis for Oostende was because he was benched by Branco for Moharrami. Queiroz was of the opinion that that decision was BS and advised Rezaeian to move to Oostende/Europe. Not once did Queiroz consider playing Moharrami over Rezaeian or even Ghafouri.

You find some of Queiroz's selections weird because you don't understand football the way a top coach like Queiroz does. When he designs a strategy and selects players be humble enough to understand that he is way more qualified than any self proclaimed Iranian amateur football fan. Cheshmi geting injured, Pejman's toilet emergency and any other excuse you are making up does not change the fact that Moharrami was not deemed good enough to be in the roster by Queiroz when he was 22 years of age, same age as Majid Hosseini. With both having played zero games during the qualifications.

"Mediocre players vs superior players"? Newsflash, Moharrami is no Cafu either. By international top standards all TM players are mediocre except Azmoun and Taremi. By Iranian and Asian standards, TM players are top players for that level due to the fact that they are among the 35 best players in Iran. Anasarifard and Rezaeian are top Iranian football players, a mediocre player by Iranian standards is player like Roozbeh Shahalidoost who has been playing his entire career in PGPL mostly with Saipa and always had a fixed position but never good enough to play for TM. To call Ansarifard, who has been playing for TM since U17 and the seniors since 2009 and played in two world cups, scored against Portugal, played for Osasuna, Olympiakos, Nottingham Forrest and now AEK Athens, "mediocre" is laughable and only shows your bias and inability to analyse Iranian football players and football in general.

You believe that Moharrami is some sort of Cafu and Kaveh Rezaei is some sort of Suarez in your little fantasy world because you like them, while Rezaeian and Ansarifard are just rubbish according to your "expertise", while in reality they are around the same level with each player having his own skill set and strengths and weaknesses, only difference is that Moharrami (24 years of age) and Kaveh Rezaei (28 years of age) still have to prove themselves for TM.

Lastly, in another thread i had read you analysis of Rezaeian as a footballer. While the man certainly has his weaknesses as he is no Zambrotta or Zanetti, you have to analyse his entire body of work so to say, and not just his bad games against Japan and Bahran and Iraq where the entire team was bad, not just Rezaeian.

Comment

Comment

Whatever happened to PoolAliGanji..!?
            This guy seems to have the money grubbing makings of another mojtaba jabari..!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              Yup - poolaliganji was even worse than jabari-e-qatari IMO. Way more of a wasted talent as he was the best in his position we have had in a while!
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Why is Karim still in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                  O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I love this move for Ramin! Al Duhail is a quality club in Asia and clear step ahead of any IPL team! Great opportunity to make money and compete. Hope to see PAG sign for a Al Saad rather than waste time at Arabi

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      I don’t know about the rest of you, but I love this move for Ramin! Al Duhail is a quality club in Asia and clear step ahead of any IPL team! Great opportunity to make money and compete. Hope to see PAG sign for a Al Saad rather than waste time at Arabi
                      never loved & will never love ANY Iranian making a move to any Arab club or League. BUT in current circumstances, this was a OK move.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                        My thoughts too.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                          I agree with you completely on this, I love this move too! Honestly, this looks like the best team Ramin will play for in his career (even better than KV Oostende IMO). Their foreigner lineup will look like this: Dudu, Edmilson, Benatia, Msakni, and Rezaeian. I doubt they would allocate a foreigner slot on Rezaeian if they did not rate his abilities, I say this because they are loaded with money to spend on players based on past players they've signed (e.g. breaking QSL transfer signing record at around $40M).

As for PAG, he will not be in Qatar anymore and he will be replaced by Mehrdad Mohammadi for his foreigner slot. PAG will be going back to China to Shenzhen F.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                            you can leave qatar, but qatar will stay with you forever.

Comment

POOLaliganji just confirmed via instagram that he is moving to china

Comment

^^^ What a love story for Al Katar Shotors / barf

Comment

Working...
                                X