X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
    [ATTACH]18731[/ATTACH]

"However, it was the new acquisition Saeid Ezatolahi who stood strongest at VB. The Iranian delivered a solid effort in the central midfield. He still looks a bit heavy and whether there are to 90 minutes looks like an open question, but he must be in play for a starting spot for the Super League premiere.

- He's a good player. He showed that, but he is still a long way from top form, said Vejle coach Gâlcă
    - It's most players at this point, so there is nothing strange about that."

https://vafo.dk/artikel/vb-spillede-...-ikke-rive-med
    https://www.tipsbladet.dk/nyhed/supe...nge-store-fejl
    is it just me or is he looking a little bit topoli in that photo? [emoji2955]

Comment

We wish you the best Saeid! Keep going, we believe in you!

Comment

Starting in their friendly vs Randers
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Friendly - Vejle BK 1:0 Randers FT

Vejle coach on Saeid regarding todays friendly:

"Saeid Ezatolahi played the second half in the central defense, and that made the Iranian excellent. But he was missing in midfield, where he had a good grip on the game in the first half and filled something against the physically strong marginal opponents.

- We saw that he manages to play more places, and that is positive, said Constantin Gâlcă."

https://fyens.dk/artikel/vb-tog-endn...uperliga-skalp

Comment

This is already the most complete pre season he has had in years

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
              Friendly - Vejle BK 1:0 Randers FT
              Vejle coach on Saeid regarding todays friendly:

"Saeid Ezatolahi played the second half in the central defense, and that made the Iranian excellent. But he was missing in midfield, where he had a good grip on the game in the first half and filled something against the physically strong marginal opponents.
              - We saw that he manages to play more places, and that is positive, said Constantin Gâlcă."
              https://fyens.dk/artikel/vb-tog-endn...uperliga-skalp
              Slightly off topic but yesterday Scott McTominay of Manchester United, a similar type player to Ezatolahi, played on the right of a back 3 for Scotland against Israel, and did pretty well. Made me think if Ezatolahi could be turned into a CB. He has all the attributes for it, might lack some pace but not like Ryan Tafazolli 😂.

Point being, he played as a CB a few games in Eupen, and now Vejle could be using him there too. I feel like his ability to pick out passes allows teams to be more comfortable in possession playing out the defence, something very important in modern day football. I also feel that he may have grown out of being a midfielder and maybe its time he does actually have a change of position.

Thoughts?
              golbezanpodcast.com
              twitter.com/GolBezan
              instagram.com/GolBezan
              youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Originally posted by FMCSMUBLB View Post
                Slightly off topic but yesterday Scott McTominay of Manchester United, a similar type player to Ezatolahi, played on the right of a back 3 for Scotland against Israel, and did pretty well. Made me think if Ezatolahi could be turned into a CB. He has all the attributes for it, might lack some pace but not like Ryan Tafazolli 😂.
                Point being, he played as a CB a few games in Eupen, and now Vejle could be using him there too. I feel like his ability to pick out passes allows teams to be more comfortable in possession playing out the defence, something very important in modern day football. I also feel that he may have grown out of being a midfielder and maybe its time he does actually have a change of position.
                Thoughts?
                Disagree. Some of his best attributes are a midfielders. His ability to dictate tempo, provide a good shield to defense, give a box to box presence in the correct system, range of pass , etc.

Given our huge issues in midfield for tm that are greater than our issues at CB it would be dumb to put our best mid at cb further weakening our mid line.

I think he can be a good emergency cb in certain game situations which is a nice option to have but his position is central midfield. In eupen he only played there in a cup match when they were rotating.League matches he started were as a mid. And the article above stated he had a good first half as a midfielder.

Comment

Thoughts?
                  yep, until he can work that belly fat out and improve his fitness and stamina to the level required of a box to box CM ..! in short why not utilize him as CB until he works the kinks out of his fitness ..!?

his other inherent qualities as a footballer is still hard to match and hard to find a qualified replacement for in TM currently, not to mention his immense top level international experience..!

his positioning sense is still top notch, his size and frame is ideal, his heading abilities is nothing to sniff @, his defensive/tackling/marking is great, and his vision, game smarts, ability to distribute the ball from anywhere on the pitch is sublime too..! with him and hossaini and poolaliganji we could easily play a 3 back defensive system too..!

Comment

FYI first league game is Monday September 14th 19:00 CET, away game against one of the strongest teams in Denmark (AGF Aarhus).

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      yep, until he can work that belly fat out and improve his fitness and stamina to the level required of a box to box CM ..! in short why not utilize him as CB until he works the kinks out of his fitness ..!?
                      his other inherent qualities as a footballer is still hard to match and hard to find a qualified replacement for in TM currently, not to mention his immense top level international experience..!
                      his positioning sense is still top notch, his size and frame is ideal, his heading abilities is nothing to sniff @, his defensive/tackling/marking is great, and his vision, game smarts, ability to distribute the ball from anywhere on the pitch is sublime too..! with him and hossaini and poolaliganji we could easily play a 3 back defensive system too..!
                      He can play as a center back but his main qualities lie in central midfield, he should not be transformed to a center back imo. We need him as a central midfielder as we are lacking quality players with his potential. We have plenty of central defenders who are better than Ezatolahi in that position: Pouraliganji, Majid Hosseini, Kanaani, Cheshmi, Iman Salimi, Siavash Yazdani ao so it doesn't make sense either.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                        He can play as a center back but his main qualities lie in central midfield, he should not be transformed to a center back imo. We need him as a central midfielder as we are lacking quality players with his potential. We have plenty of central defenders who are better than Ezatolahi in that position: Pouraliganji, Majid Hosseini, Kanaani, Cheshmi, Iman Salimi, Siavash Yazdani ao so it doesn't make sense either.
                        Totally agree. He's definitely versatile, but more in the style of a Busquets/Javi Martinez type player who can drop back into a back 3 when we're out of possession or in possession and look to build play, but we're definitely more in need of his attributes in def cm.

I don't see this as a bad move at all for Saaed given his recent lack of fitness and form - Vejle can be a stepping stone (not just for the bigger Scandinavian teams, but Germany and Holland often will have good links with Danish clubs). I think he's the most talented midfielder they've had since Thomas Gravesen and look where he ended up!

Comment

Thoughts?
                          Saed is slow, player who likes to sit deep. He is brilliant as a anchor. Sit in front of defense. He is similar to Matic. Scott is higher up in the field. CQ got a lot out of him as a Anchor.

Comment

They have a friendly in a little over an hour. Hope he continues to build on his match fitness.

Comment

First league game is tomorrow at 19:00 CET (away), and Saeid is in the squad as expected:
                              https://vejle-boldklub.dk/bruttotrup...vLT2I8ejQixqrM

Comment

hes starting in Central midfield in 30 mins vs 3rd place finishers last season.

He has had a strong pre season finally. Lets hope he hits the ground running and reminds everybody of his undeniable talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X