This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    Definitely not Captain for me. Captain is an experienced player that has been playing for a long time. Ezatolahi, may be 24 years old, but from soccer development and experience, he is like an 18 or 19 year old... Just going by the number of senior games that he has played. I like him a lot and feel there is a lot of untapped potential there but he needs at least another couple of seasons of full time playing to get there. He is prone to make mistakes which is normal, like the untimely and unnecessary tackle in Spain's game that led to their goal or his incident with Beiranvand and Ronaldo's penalty in the Portugal game.
    Don't get me wrong. I think he should start for us, especially if he is physically fit, but Captain he is not, yet anyways.
    Thanks for that post, it was interesting to reflect over that one.
    I understand and respect your point and i have to agree with it also, but still i think he would grow in that position. i would still like to se him as C or after reading your post, maybe assisting C so he can grow in to the C. In the long term, he could be our new Ando/Nekounam Capitan engine in the midfield, eaven though he has a bit different playingstyle, he is like a combination of them both in my oppinion.

What was the incident with Beiranvand? i dont remember that one :/
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
      Thanks for that post, it was interesting to reflect over that one.
      I understand and respect your point and i have to agree with it also, but still i think he would grow in that position. i would still like to se him as C or after reading your post, maybe assisting C so he can grow in to the C. In the long term, he could be our new Ando/Nekounam Capitan engine in the midfield, eaven though he has a bit different playingstyle, he is like a combination of them both in my oppinion.

What was the incident with Beiranvand? i dont remember that one :/
      Briro called the ball around the penalty spot but Saeed ran back and practically kicked the ball out of his hands just as Briro was about to grab it. They got into a yelling match with each other... very early on in the game. It was early nerves for both of them.

Comment

Briro called the ball around the penalty spot but Saeed ran back and practically kicked the ball out of his hands just as Briro was about to grab it. They got into a yelling match with each other... very early on in the game. It was early nerves for both of them.
        Aha ok! i have forgotten that one. is there any vids? doesnt sound fantastic but still not as bad as the Badavi vs Rezaei earslap incident at asia cup back in the days, that was so embarresing.
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

btw was scrolling through youtube and found this interview from 8 November 2020 with Ezza, in Farsi, during his time in Vejle.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-pn65Q8uws

Niice intervjuew about growing up, other sports he played (chess and more!) , making a football out of several socks, and so on, i love it,. sry if posted before, if so then let me know.

He talks about his youth time in atletic, CQ, comparing the intense training with Iranian teams and a lot more, i really love this interview!
          he has also apperantly opened an academy in his hometown!
          Just something i loved to hear, he could se in CQ tired eyes he was up to 3 in the morning analysing videos, keeping his staff awake.. what a legend, that makes the players fight on the field, when the coach puts that sort of effort.. wow! much much more just se this interview!

He sounds like a C in this video
          edit: the vid following the interview was his wc highlights, woow he was on fire!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnClQ5K3ACo
          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Beiro/Ezzatolahi incident in Portugal game: 1:10 in the video... sorry, not the highest quality video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcWhQqbxaf0

Comment

wow i had missed that one, both of them are waay to hot headed in that situation!
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I think Omid should be the captain if in the team.
                If not should be Taremi or Azmoun.

Comment

I’d rather have Taremi and Azmoun just have to concentrate on setting up and scoring goals. I like a captain to be someone who is playing further back so can see the game ahead of them and focus as well on keeping the situation calm with their experience, so as you say if Omid is in the team then yes he should be captain.

Ezatolahi is still young , hopefully he can put behind him some of the issues that he has had. Feels like he has been around forever but he was only 21 I think in that World Cup game so you can excuse the nerves in what was the biggest game of those players career at that time. If he can carry on with getting his form back and be a set player in the national team then he is a future captain.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
                    I think Omid should be the captain if in the team.
                    If not should be Taremi or Azmoun.
                    Not Taremi or Azmoun. They are still too emotional at times, and Taremi sometimes has rash actions. If Omid drops out, I would make (if he plays) Jahanbakhsh captain. He is cool and is less influenced by emotions. A captain must show calmness.

Comment

Beiro/Ezzatolahi incident in Portugal game: 1:10 in the video... sorry, not the highest quality video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcWhQqbxaf0
                      OMG this brings back alot of good and bad memories... I remember how tense that game was and how happy i was when Beiro saved Ronaldos penalty. I really hope we can go to WC again and experiance something good from our NT

Comment

Saeid not in the squad today, I'll take it's due to him being on his way to Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                          Saeid not in the squad today, I'll take it's due to him being on his way to Iran.
                          Was red carded last match

Comment

Saeid liked a Skocic IG post so that’s pretty much confirmation for me

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              Was red carded last match
                              Ah okay, but his latest Insta post is also in Tehran anyways, it's TM time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
                                Saeid liked a Skocic IG post so that’s pretty much confirmation for me
                                Im really looking forward to se him back in TM!

I have to say, it will be wonderful to se him and Taremi/Azmoun work together.

Just dont be surprised if we have a unimpressive game against Hong Kong, winning by 2 goals, then play well against Bahrain.
                                I rather se that instead of winning 10-0 and then playing shit because we think we are FC Ronaldinho.. id actually be more worried if we win 10-0 than 2-0.

I can compare it to when teams play well in preeseason, they many times play poor in the league and when struggling in pree season they play much better in the league since they know they have to work hard on their weakneses. I dont know if that is in fact true but thats the feeling I allwayz get following preeseason and comparing it to the rest of the season.
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X