IFF bans all foreign players and managers for next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFF bans all foreign players and managers for next season

All teams have been banned from purchasing foreign players for next season in IPL!

I think this is one of the best moves by IFF so far! After all the messed up contracts by both Persepolis and Esteghlal and now Team melli, this is the best decision to make! They should keep it untill these idiots learn how to write a professional contract !

Do you guys agree or disagree?

Source : BBC and fars news

از یک سو گفته می*شود افرادی که در بستن قرارداد با این مربی بلژیکی دخالت داشته*اند به حراست وزارت ورزش احضار شده*اند و از سوی دیگر سازمان لیگ فدراسیون فوتبال جذب بازیکن و مربی خارجی برای فصل آینده را ممنوع کرده است.
    https://www.bbc.com/persian/sport-53838510
    Yes I Agree
    0%
    No I Don't Agree
    0%

Its regressive for the league. Not sure if they expect teams to play youth instead or something, but all that's gonna happen is 35 year old Amir is gonna be safe knowing he can eat ab goosht every night and not worry about some foreign player replacing them

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
      Its regressive for the league. Not sure if they expect teams to play youth instead or something, but all that's gonna happen is 35 year old Amir is gonna be safe knowing he can eat ab goosht every night and not worry about some foreign player replacing them
      Well to be honest thats the negative way to look at it. Positives: You can also expect more younger players to be given more chance to play. Also I remember when they banned all foreign goalies it actually worked.

Btw if 35 years old amiri can play good eating abgosht then why not! lol lets not forget about ali parvin

Comment

This will pretty much mean no Iranian teams will get past Round of 16 of Asian Champions League...

This is beneficial for the lower level IPL teams who don't purchase any higher level foreign players

Comment

With all due repect to the foreign players and coaches playing and working in Iran, 95% of them are/were pretty useless with regard to bringing Iranian football to a higher level.

But more importantly, Iran is in a state of war now with the US and its allies. This means that economically we are very much restricted. In order for Wilmots type of cases to not happen again, it's best to not hire foreign players and coaches for the time being until the situation becomes better (hopefully).

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
            You really are out of touch and out of date. They take the best protein, supplements and all the shit there is and well aware of how to look after their physics. And I am not talking about the pro sports persons. This is just ordinary nobody guys on the streets. No one eats abgosht except people over 80 because that is what they grow up on and love it. I personally rate PGPL higher than most leagues in the region and Europe.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              This will pretty much mean no Iranian teams will get past Round of 16 of Asian Champions League...

This is beneficial for the lower level IPL teams who don't purchase any higher level foreign players
              Well zob ahan did it. If i remember corectly they only had 1 fix foreign player. Persepolis also did it. Also Persepolis did it (only rasan and mensha). Funny thing is that they were forced to use the foreign players due to injury and their window being closed, so its possible. However i never see iranian team winning acl as its is scheduled wrongly for us. As most teams are destroyed after IPL ends (exactly when the group stage games are over in acl) .

Comment

From a financial viewpoint its necessary. It will force them to trust younger players. Even if you doubt that the numbers suggest it. There just arent enough experienced veterans who can play every minute for every team.

The whole concept of paying money to foreign players/coaches you cannot guarantee is just stupid practice anyways in regular times, let alone times like these.

and just to be clear, the current foreigners in the league are gonna be allowed to continue. diabate, Milic, resan, rado, etc. I dont see with current financial situations how any team could afford MORE players of this level.

Comment

Nice way to cover up their sheer incompetence.

Comment

Just need some clarification.

Is it the fault of the foreign players who get signed or the idiots in IFF writing the contracts?

If they play this right and actually do skmething about establishing a deep lying youth system then maybe there will be some positives to come from this.

I've never seen so many mental gymnastics to avoid saying they(IFF) messed up though.

Comment

Good.

Stops clubs from paying for players they have no money for, then throwing the issues into the hands of the next management team.

Also good because it makes no sense to buy foreign players in a league like Iran’s because we won’t get the cream of the crop which would improve standards. It would also be ok if we could get good young players who we could then sell on for more money.

Comment

PGPL isn't like Arab leagues where most teams are filled with higher profile foreigners. A handful of no name international players aren't getting in the way of developing youth, and banning them isn't going to fix this trash unwatchable league ruined by corruption, mismanagement, and government overreach.

The only thing this ruling is going to ensure is that teams will be able to get away with not paying their players/coaches on time without fear of punishment from FIFA, since most domestic players will have neither the resources nor the balls to stand up for themselves legally.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                          PGPL isn't like Arab leagues where most teams are filled with higher profile foreigners. A handful of no name international players aren't getting in the way of developing youth, and banning them isn't going to fix this trash unwatchable league ruined by corruption, mismanagement, and government overreach.

The only thing this ruling is going to ensure is that teams will be able to get away with not paying their players/coaches on time without fear of punishment from FIFA, since most domestic players will have neither the resources nor the balls to stand up for themselves legally.
                          You’re overlooking a huge issue. 10s of millions of dollars have been wasted in salary and much more in penalties on players bought in who barely played a minute. Sure we have a few good imports here and there but they’ve mostly been atrocious.
                          For this reason alone I’m happy they’re banning them.

Iranian player contracts are also sketchy as heck and it’s all not on management. Many have fake contract amounts to avoid taxation. That’s why Iranian players rarely win in court for salary disputes.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

I have to disagree with this. e.g. in this season 2019-2020 we barely have any quality foreign players. i say they are less than your hand fingers. Look at perspolis for example (only 2 Radošević and rasan). Hardly any quality foreign players. We have been ripped off so much by shitty foreign players who worth nothing. So its not really worth it even if we get 1 or 2 quality players.

If this is gonna end up our youth getting more playing time and create more competition then I'll say why not.

BTW Look at PP and SS.They are still in deep shit for Branko and Schafer .

I personally think this will help our team melli.

Comment

this is turning in to a large scale scandal. Taj + others (including his son, khatir in SS board, others could get arrested)

Zonuzi reported to Sepah that there is an insertion into various contracts with foreigners by various middlemen that allows them to break contract and still get money from fifa. He experienced this with toshak fiasco. He says that these middlemen (like taj's son) introduce all the clubs/IFF involved in these disputes to ONE swiss lawyer, who has lost every case in CAS. Then the clubs/IFF are forced to pay and the middlemen who introduced the foreigner (toshak, stokesn wilmots, etc) get a huge cut of the "salary" that fifa orders them to pay.

Apparently wilmots contract wasnt even 3 million/yr, more like 1 and the other 2 was going directly to others.

What a fiasco. This is why the foreign player/coach thing has been ended so suddenly.

https://www.farsnews.ir/news/1399052...A7%D9%84%DB%8C
                              http://sharghdaily.com/fa/Main/Detai...A7%D9%86%D8%9F
                              links

Comment

Working...
                              X