No announcement yet.

Sadegh Moharami @ Dinamo Zagreb | 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

starting again in europa. Stojanovic again on bench.

Another good performance will solidify his grip on xi spot.

Comment

Seize this chance sadegh! He hasn’t gotten much chances in Europa league play so this will be a big game for him to show himself at a higher level.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

sadegh has been excellent.

Great passing, totally switched on defensively, strong in the air, and initiated many good moves with dribbling out of back.

And he had one crucial, goal saving slide tackle in the box he got spot on.

dinamo 1-0 up, should be 3-0. Missed some great chances so far.

Comment

His acceleration is great. Even when he messes up, he is quick to get back into position.
          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

I only saw the second half and he was excellent. He did not put one foot wrong. Stuck to his defensive duties mostly as the team was already winning and was excellent the times he moved up.

Comment

3-0 W for dinamo. Puts them in strong position to advance and sadegh is really locking up the right back slot. He is so switched on defensively, a huge improvement from player who arrived from Perspolis.

He seems to always be playing scenarios in his mind, "What happens if..." and getting in positions to cover for potentially dangerous situations. Today it saved his team from going behind in crucial part of second half.

Technically excellent as usual. I think he had one misplaced pass. He is able to play out of opposition press really effectively.

Overall just another example of what happens when you back yourself and grind in a very competitive, development oriented EU environment.

His recent teammates: Amir Rahmani (Hellas Verona, now Napoli), Damian Kadzior (Eibar), Dani Olmo (Leipzig), Josko Gvardiol (leipzig), Amr Gojak (torino) have all made big money moves in the past 2 seasons alone. The season sadegh arrived Benkovic went to leicester, Borna Sosa to Stuttgart, and Ante Coric to roma.

If sadegh continues this improvement and shows himself more in EL, he could be the next out.

Comment

Sadegh drawing praise in croat media in the aftermath of the win. I guess its an easy indicator that hes in good form when most of his games in recent memory are described as his "best" ...

"DINAMO'S NEW TANDEM IS FINALLY PLAYING AS A PROFESSOR, MOHARRAMI HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER, BUT HERE IS WHO IS THE GREATEST HERO OF THE BLUES

I guess we don't paint the devil on the wall, but somehow we are sure that we will watch this team in Europe in the spring

From Klagenfurt came that wonderful scent of spring, the new European spring for Dinamo! The Blues ran over Wolfsberger like a shallow stream and now they only need a small, small step to achieve another great European result.
                I guess we’re not waving the devil down the wall, but we’re somehow sure we’ll be watching this team next year in Europe, hopefully at a time when this damn coronavirus will be gone. Mamić's team played a mature game this Thursday, used its qualitative superiority over the Austrians and triumphantly, sovereignly and dominantly reached the triumph. We want to see such a Dinamo in Europe, well done to the blue guys.

Not only did they win, but again they didn’t concede a goal. In four matches of the European League, the people of Zagreb have not yet gone for the ball in the net! This is a great fact, a fact that shows that Dinamo has become a serious team, well organized, knows exactly what and when to do. If this was a test of the European possibilities of the ZG club, then it was passed with - a clean five!

If at all after such a convincing victory it is necessary to give some criticism at the expense of the Blues, then they must be located in the first forty minutes of the first half. The blue boys came in with too much respect, like a wolf entering a flock of sheep and then running away from it. They didn't want to take any risks, they stayed too far behind, they left the ball to Wolfsberger, they waited to endanger the opponent with a quick transition of the game. So we were watching one boring game back then. When they came out a little towards the end of the first half, they moved forward, in just a few minutes they created three goals and they could have solved everything already then. When we just remember that unnecessary heel of Bruno Petković , when he played instead of hammering the ball into the net ...

Then we thought that failure would get revenge somewhere. Fortunately, he did not, and in the end Petković scored his first European goal this season. I guess it’s a sign that he’s going to go back to his best times, we all can’t wait for that. Dinamo had a lot of players against Wolfsberger, stopper pair Lauritsen and Theophile played as professors, Guardiol showed why he is one of the biggest young stars, Moharrami played probably the best game in the Dinamo jersey, Lovro Majer continued with great presentations this season, but the hero of the great triumph was Captain Arian Ademi.

In the match in which Sammir arrived in terms of the number of European matches played for Dinamo, the captain was brilliant. He was not shaken by two missed goals in the end of the first part, his penetration and assistance for Petković was a real masterpiece. Well done, blue guys, just a crumb left and the European spring is yours, the new blue spring.

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/nogo...odrih-15033556

Comment

just your regular dose of sadegh praise from croatian media paired with his latest interview. I still think there is a sense of undervaluing what he is accomplishing in dinamo by some.

"THE ACE FROM THE SHADOWS BECAME DINAMO'S WIN: 'I ENJOY CROATIA, THE PEOPLE ARE PHENOMENAL! I WANT TO GO HOME HAPPY! '
                  Dinamo's right back, the Iranian national team player, patiently waited for his opportunity and welcomed it ...

It was still 0: 0 in Klagenfurt ... Wernitznig escaped Dinamo's defense, headed towards Livaković , and then appeared - Sadegh Moharrami . The Iranian reacted masterfully, kicking the ball off the Austrian striker's leg with a surgically precise move from behind. If it weren't for that, if he had scored, who knows how everything would have ended in the end, regardless of Dinamo's dominance.

Sadegh Moharrami (24) arrived at Dinamo in the summer of 2018 from Persepolis. In his first game for Modra against Rudeš, he scored - an own goal! It's as if that initial own goal announced the career of that nice guy in a blue jersey. His story began with more setbacks than success. In the blue house, Moharrami was like Godot, as if he was constantly awaited. Nenad Bjelica , a former coach, always spoke about him in chosen words, but the Iranian never gained his full trust. He's good, but ...

In that big European season 2018/19. Moharrami played only one European match, the one in Maksimir in the last 16 of the European League when the Blues beat Viktoria Plzen 3-0 in Maksimir, it was that memorable match when the ZG club reached the eighth finals and - Benfica. He played only because Stojanović paused due to yellow cards. The Iranian played great, but he did not get a chance against Benfica, neither in Maksimir, nor in Lisbon. Petar Stojanović was in front of him ... He didn't manage to prove himself at all, so he ended up on loan at Lokomotiva, where he finally caught the continuity of the performance.

Locomotive helped
                  - The loan to Lokomotiv really meant a lot to me because I got the continuity I needed there. It was the club’s decision, I didn’t mind because I felt I needed a bigger fund of matches.

He said that when he returned to the blue locker room. And then, just before the start of the corona crisis, Bjelica on Poljud surprisingly pushed him into the first team, Dinamo won 2-0, and Moha, as his teammates call him, was one of the best on the pitch. It was his first El Croatico, after which the then coach of the Masters from the Sea, Igor Tudor, stated that "such a Moharrami could play in Barcelona".

Sadegh Moharrami is an unbelievably patient guy, he is really adorned with job patience. He is silent and works, he waits for his chance, he never grumbles, not even when Ivo Pinto was returned to Maksimir , he was launched to Lokomotiv precisely because of the Portuguese. This season, Zoran Mamić finally started to return to him. He entered Cluj in overtime, in the 107th minute, he also got a minute against CSKA in Moscow, and he was the starter in the first game with Wolfsberger, leaving the field in the 74th minute. In Klagenfurt, on the other hand, he played all 90 minutes and, now it can definitely be said, imposed himself.

People are phenomenal
                  We talked to Moh in Maksimir. We teased him a little, how come after so much time spent in Zagreb, he still hadn't learned Croatian.

- Well, I know a lot, I understand, but I would not dare to give an interview in Croatian yet. We go in English.
                  We congratulated him on a great game against Wolfsberger, he said ...

At the beginning of this season, I started getting opportunities. I am really very happy now. First of all because of the team, and I am also pleased with my performances. However, it is quite clear to me that I am just at the beginning, I have to continue, continuously, with good games, I try to learn something new every day in order to be better. I want to progress, it’s my job and I will definitely be even better.
                  We asked him if now, after that great game against Wolfsberger and other games he played at a high level, he feels like the first choice in the position of right back.

- I think it doesn't matter who starts in the starting lineup. I can’t push myself to the forefront, I can’t talk that way. The most important thing is that the team has a good result, that is the essence of everything. The coach decides who will play, we are the players, we have to do our job after his decisions. The team is doing great, we are the first in our group of the European League, we have not received a goal yet. Everything is going well, so I am very happy and satisfied.

The Blues are visiting Rotterdam on Thursday, is this a game that can bring a new European spring?
                  - We are maximally focused on that game and as in all others, we are moving towards victory. We know what that game brings us. Feyenoord is a great team, but we are ready to show all the best we know. I hope we come back with a winning result.

Dinamo did not play a derby with Hajduk yesterday, is that good for preparing for the match with the Dutch?
                  - I think that's fine, we will be able to prepare as much as possible for this important match. I feel really good, I’m in good shape, I just want that form to continue.

He tells us that this time spent in the Croatian capital, in Dinamo and briefly in Lokomotiva was wonderful.
                  - I really enjoy Croatia, in Zagreb. People are phenomenal, everything suits me.

They're calling from Iran, of course
                  He laughed when we asked him if he was still alive alone.

- Yes, I live alone. Still...

He is a member of the Iranian national team, do his colleagues from Iran call him, does he give interviews for the local media?

- They call, they call how not to ... They often call. However, I’m not exactly one of those people who likes to talk too much. I'm not that guy. I don't really like media pressure. I want to stay maximally focused on my job. At least I fully understand journalism. But I am in constant contact with my family in Iran, I am really looking forward to going to Iran this winter, to be with my family. But I want to go home happy, which means that Dinamo will be in the European spring - concluded Moharrami.

The experts take ...

"MLADEN FRANČIĆ: HE HAS EVERYTHING A SIDE FOOTBALLER NEEDS

What does Mladen Frančić, an expert who was once a sensational champion of Iran with Foolad from Ahvaz, think about Sadegh Moharrami?

- I think Moharrami is a great player. He is developing very well in Dinamo, he has adapted well. He was also excellent in Lokomotiva. He is fast, has good dribbling. He will soon be a big Dinamo win in the position of right winger. Not only that, I am sure Moharrami will become a standard player in that position. He only needs to improve the game a little bit in the defensive phase, he must not be impatient and commit some unnecessary offenses. He has to be more careful. Forward, he is really good, even though he has to work a little more on the center shot. As the late Biće Mladinić would say, "his handwriting is good, now we will see what his task is". But he has everything a side footballer needs. After all, he is a member of the Iranian national team, it is not insignificant - said Frančić.

https://sportske.jutarnji.hr/sn/nogo...retan-15034083

Comment

additional short interview clip with sadegh starting at 2:29, after interview with 18 year old (!!) star Dinamo CB Josko Gvardiol, who is on loan at dinamo for one more season before he joins RB Leipzig following 20 mil EU move this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post

additional short interview clip with sadegh starting at 2:29, after interview with 18 year old (!!) star Dinamo CB Josko Gvardiol, who is on loan at dinamo for one more season before he joins RB Leipzig following 20 mil EU move this summer.
                      Speaks very good English. He has a bright future ahead of him.
                      golbezanpodcast.com
                      twitter.com/GolBezan
                      instagram.com/GolBezan
                      youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Really glad to see sadegh getting this experience in europa.

Hopefully the team makes a deep run into europa and sadegh can continue to experience these fast paced and very intense games.
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Starting against Feyenoord!
                          Milmo starting too. Our other legionnaires are bench in today's EL games

Comment

faultless game by sadegh so far. Totally shut down ex swansea and Dutch NT wing narsingh, some key recoveries on him. Very good dribbling and passing out of pressure.

Spanish commentary very impressed with his positional awareness and speed.

Dinamo playing very solid overall. Just lacking final ball a bit.

Comment

1-0 dinamo. Really nice play to get PK. Petkovic tucks it home.

Comment

Didnt get to watch the match but SofaScore gave him a rating of 7.6, 2nd highest in the match with his teams left back getting a 7.7..sounds like he had a great performance again. Damesh garm

Comment

Working...
                                X