Sadegh Moharami @ Dinamo Zagreb | 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    1) I was ADVOCATING Shoja Khalilzadeh's invitation to Team Melli long before it was a popular opinion on this forum and for back-up in that RB position in 2019 and you told me: "Never in a thousand million years does that guy ever deserve to be near TM". In addition to that, you said that having Shoja on TM would be a RISKY move too back then because of his temperament. LOL. I do not understand, is this not hypocrisy? Am I being trolled here?
    2) I do not think having Saleh Hardani in Iran squad is an unpopular opinion as you are making to sound because I'm seeing other PFDCers have Hardani listed in their personal squad list/starting line-up for the upcoming WCQs (e.g. Iranianarsenal11, Iran_19, Greenguy4life etc...).
    3) Are you familiar with Saleh Hardani as a player? The reason I am asking this is because you are saying "throwing a young guy like him" when in reality he is only less than a year younger than Moharrami. If you are familiar, then please disregard. If you are not familiar, please watch these videos: https://www.aparat.com/v/cB9bZ/Saleh...l_season_98-99
    4) I think an argument can also be made that playing Shoja as a RB on INTERNATIONAL LEVEL could also be risky rather than playing someone who's played RB position for the entirety of their life.
    5) Mojtaba Najarian, RB, got called up to TM by Skočić and he does not play in the amount matches of Foolad matches that Hardani does, and nor is he rated by Nekounam like Hardani is. (Personally, I think he is also decent, but I also prefer Hardani to Najarian).
    Lol nice attempt at a call out but I’m saying my opinion based on knowing who is going to be in the squad.....not as if I’m the TM manager and can pick and chose my players. In other words, I know Shoja will be called up so if we’re having a conversation here about a realistic RB replacement based on his abilities I would chose him.

Maybe you forgot or weren’t following TM at the time when Shoja was getting invited to TM pretty regularly leading up to the wc in Brazil then threw a hissy fit when CQ left him out and never invited him back after that. And then when he got to Persepolis he was even more of a loud mouth about how he was being left out and felt snubbed. Players with that toxic attitude I didn’t want in TM and still don’t want.

So no....nobody is trolling you perhaps you just missed the context the same way you managed to with hardani. I clearly said throwing in a young player like him into the mix in these crucial matches is risky which it is. Not that he shouldn’t be invited he is a great fullback with lots of potential and I hope to see him in TM. Not as a starter though....not yet at least and definitely not in these high stakes games.

Saleh Hardani’s age is not the biggest factor in him lacking the experience. Sadegh has played for TM on and off for the last 3 years or so and has played with almost all of these guys in the team, has played at much higher levels of competition than hardani and is overall a class above him at this moment in time. So yes it’s a very silly comparison you’re making here by trying to say they’re close in age so there is not much of a difference in experience
    Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 05-20-2021, 06:03 AM.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Lol nice attempt at a call out but I’m saying my opinion based on knowing who is going to be in the squad.....not as if I’m the TM manager and can pick and chose my players. In other words, I know Shoja will be called up so if we’re having a conversation here about a realistic RB replacement based on his abilities I would chose him.

Maybe you forgot or weren’t following TM at the time when Shoja was getting invited to TM pretty regularly leading up to the wc in Brazil then threw a hissy fit when CQ left him out and never invited him back after that. And then when he got to Persepolis he was even more of a loud mouth about how he was being left out and felt snubbed. Players with that toxic attitude I didn’t want in TM and still don’t want.

So no....nobody is trolling you perhaps you just missed the context the same way you managed to with hardani. I clearly said throwing in a young player like him into the mix in these crucial matches is risky which it is. Not that he shouldn’t be invited he is a great fullback with lots of potential and I hope to see him in TM. Not as a starter though....not yet at least and definitely not in these high stakes games.
      It's not an "attempt", when I actually went through the liberty of honestly providing evidence of a quote you said back then disagreeing when I said Shoja SHOULD be invited to TM as Moharrami's back-up. Now fast forward 2021, you are initially saying the same thing that you disagreed with as the evidence shows. If anything, that should be the final nail on the coffin that just because you THINK a player should not be called up, doesn't mean that they will not be called up - as evident by Shoja starting all of our matches under Skocic. Please don't be angry or mad at me, you're the one who said that.

I did not know that CQ was our manager in September 2019 (the date that the discussion took place). Also, many other players have done what equal to/worse to what Shoja has done who played important roles under CQ about TM, doesn't mean they should be blacklisted if they talked a little "tuff" about a manager when they demonstrate they have quality. Gucci and Jalal who had more fruitful careers than Shoja under CQ also talked "tuff" about CQ... So I am not really going to buy this argument... Also Dejagah took to SM and called out entire TM - and that guy was our captain

Did you miss when young Majid took veteran Jalal's place in WC list and was thrown into OFFICIAL WC matches against Spain/Portugal when majority of the forum was in disagreement (including myself)??? CQ trusted in Majid because Montazeri had to go to the restroom and young Majid took his chance against the world's greatest. If Skocic or CQ or any manager believes a young player has what it takes they will put him into the matches as a starter, rest assured.

Comment

he was on the pitch celebrating cup win with teammates yesterday

Comment

we could just resort to a 3 back system in TM and instead add a more advanced CAM to our MF line..!!? especially so as a trial run vs tokhmy opponents like HK and cumbooj..!!?
          even vs arogh o bahrane, so long we post a couple of high-stamina Khar-do wingbacks in our 352 formation we wouldnt miss too much defensively overall either..!!? and we could probably dictate high possession stats, closer to our opponent's box too.... afterall we are now in a precarious table position where we have to Win almost all of our next 4 matches to progress beyond..!
          maybe after we go up a goal or 2 then we can revert back to our usual flat 4 back system..!!

PS
          our last friendly i finally got a good glimpse of Shoja's defensive abilities and i must say that dude looked like a one bad mofo out there, well capable of shutting down anyone anywhere across the backline..!! i keep hearing of his shaky/risky temperament....!! but he didnt show anything alarming to me on that front either..!! he is just looked a no-nonsense hard-nosed, formidable defender and if i were an attacker facing our d, he'd be the one guy i'd try to avoid facing and take my chances away from his side ..??

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            we could just resort to a 3 back system in TM and instead add a more advanced CAM to our MF line..!!? especially so as a trial run vs tokhmy opponents like HK and cumbooj..!!?
            even vs arogh o bahrane, so long we post a couple of high-stamina Khar-do wingbacks in our 352 formation we wouldnt miss too much defensively overall either..!!? and we could probably dictate high possession stats, closer to our opponent's box too.... afterall we are now in a precarious table position where we have to Win almost all of our next 4 matches to progress beyond..!
            maybe after we go up a goal or 2 then we can revert back to our usual flat 4 back system..!!

PS
            our last friendly i finally got a good glimpse of Shoja's defensive abilities and i must say that dude looked like a one bad mofo out there, well capable of shutting down anyone anywhere across the backline..!! i keep hearing of his shaky/risky temperament....!! but he didnt show anything alarming to me on that front either..!! he is just looked a no-nonsense hard-nosed, formidable defender and if i were an attacker facing our d, he'd be the one guy i'd try to avoid facing and take my chances away from his side ..??
            Him and PAG compliment each other very well and are the number 1 pairing imo. Obviously long term majid will probably get his spot back, as his talent,age, being in europe should ensure, but heading into these games and next round of WCQ I think our cb pairing should be very set in stone.

Comment

He’s finally back in the starting lineup!

Comment

Nice! Hope he has a good return from injury today. They have been smartly careful with him. Will be starting with rest of their first choice back 4 + GK.

I think if he plays solid today, has no problems with recovery, he will be good to go for TM.

Comment

Great news[emoji106]

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Amazing news! Let’s go sadegh!
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

SofaScore gave him a 7.5 rating which was 2nd best on the pitch (only the goal scorer Milic was higher with 8.2)

Looks like our boy is back

Comment

Sadegh played 60 quality minutes and his team won. This is awesome news for Sadegh and TM! Healing and getting back on the pitch with a strong start was the best scenario that could happen. He is ready to go!

Go Sadegh!
                        Go TM!

Comment

Highlights of the match today and celebration of wining the league at the end.

Go Sadegh!

Comment

He was named in team of the week despite playing 60 min

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

He is a very, very talented RB with all qualities necessary to play in BuLi,Serie A, La Liga. He proved it in EL this season when he was part of the best defense in europe statistically.

There is just one requirement for him to make good on that potential, is to stay fit. He needs to do all he can in the off season (and hopefully did a lot of strengthening work during his recovery) to prevent picking up recurring injuries during the campaign. He is their first choice RB whenever fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X