Iran will qualify even if Iraq wins against Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
    I dont recall this during the 2018 WCQ with CQ? when did we struggle then?
    2014 Qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ararat Tehran View Post
      2014 Qualifiers.
      as I thought, 2018 was smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        mate you got this all wrong ! The four best runners-up across all groups will advance to the World Cup qualifying third round . Even if we make it as runners-up in our group there is a good chance that we won't make it to next round with only 15 points.
        China , saudi , south korea , oman , UAE, kuwait/jordan all have better chance of making it to next round than us. So we have to win all remaining games! END OFF!
        It’s incredible how you’re so sure of knowing what you’re talking about that you feel like coming on here just to discredit my post without checking your facts. I wrote this post for less aware people like yourself and still you try to correct me and go as far as saying that I got it all wrong. On top of that, you get thanked on your post from multiple people which is the saddest part.

These are the official rules:

Second round: 40 teams (ranked 1–34 and six first-round winners) were divided into eight groups of five teams to play home-and-away round-robin matches. The eight group winners and the four best group runners-up advance to the third round of FIFA World Cup qualification as well as qualify for the 2023 AFC Asian Cup finals. Should Qatar finish as group winners or one of the best four runners-up, the fifth-best runners-up will take their place in the third round.
        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
          If I remember correctly with both Branko and CQ we needed a last game (I even think away) win to qualify for the next round of the WCQ.
          So when was the last time we were in this situation? Almost all the freaking time :P.

Does it mean that's a good thing? Hell no, there is a realistic chance that we won't even make it to the next round.
          With branko yes. With CQ we qualified for the next round of qualifiers with a game to spare.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
            I dont recall this during the 2018 WCQ with CQ? when did we struggle then?
            The 2018 qualifiers went smooth, also the 2006 qualifiers second round went really smooth, not the first round though, that was a nightmare.

Having said that, '98 and 2014 gave us many heart attacks. For 2002 and 2010 we did not qualify unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
              Our last heart attack in this round was during Branko, when we lost to Jordan in hone at Asadi stadium ad we were doomed to win all our remaining games away in Qatar(at the time one of the biggest trolls and time wasters of Asian football, and of course our return match against Jordan away.

I remember at the time many and many of members called the qualifiers for us, saying we’re officially out etc. Well Borhani and Hashemian’s goals saved us against Qatar away, and Nikbakht and Daei finished the Jordanians in their home before their King’s eyes.

Then with CQ when we lost against Lebanon, we went through the very same chaos and football fans impatience, however down the road we pulled it off nicely.

The moral of the story is that we’re used to this ordeal during our qualifiers. Rest assured we will advance to the next round. Mark my words!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Great points. I think we will be fine. To be fair, while we played terrible against Bahrain and Iraq, we got unlucky in those games too. A PK and last minute goal decided it. Thin margin of error.

Rewind back to 2014 WC qualifiers, and everyone was in a similar state. We took L's to Lebanon and Uzbekistan, pulled off a 3 W winning streak and a heart attack inducing game against SK. I think god willing we can pull this off with an average coach like Skocic and decent prep.

Comment

Bro whay are you so aggressive ? Instead of being so deffensive do some simple search! Look at the image below! I didn't even consider malaysia/UAE and we still have a hard task going to next round!

South korea , china , saudi arabia
                need only 3 wins out of their 4 remaining games to qualify! They all be greater than 15 points with only 3 wins!

Points after 3 wins:

SK = 17
                China = 16
                SA = 17

Even if SK top the group and Turkmenistan becomes the runners up , UAE has better chance than us.
                Also the thing is that i am looking at it nicely without even considering UAE ! UAE has 4 games left and their opponents are sooooo easy.

So we have to win all games to get rid of all the ifs and buts! even 3 wins and 1 draw would create some ifs and buts for us with only 16 points.

btw I hope this doesn't get you more angry bro. I have no intention to offend you in anyway, please don't take it to heart.

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
                It’s incredible how you’re so sure of knowing what you’re talking about that you feel like coming on here just to discredit my post without checking your facts. I wrote this post for less aware people like yourself and still you try to correct me and go as far as saying that I got it all wrong. On top of that, you get thanked on your post from multiple people which is the saddest part.
                These are the official rules:
                Second round: 40 teams (ranked 1–34 and six first-round winners) were divided into eight groups of five teams to play home-and-away round-robin matches. The eight group winners and the four best group runners-up advance to the third round of FIFA World Cup qualification as well as qualify for the 2023 AFC Asian Cup finals. Should Qatar finish as group winners or one of the best four runners-up, the fifth-best runners-up will take their place in the third round.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                  Bro whay are you so aggressive ? Instead of being so deffensive do some simple search! Look at the image below! I didn't even consider malaysia/UAE and we still have a hard task going to next round!

South korea , china , saudi arabia
                  need only 3 wins out of their 4 remaining games to qualify! They all be greater than 15 points with only 3 wins!

Points after 3 wins:

SK = 17
                  China = 16
                  SA = 17

Even if SK top the group and Turkmenistan becomes the runners up , UAE has better chance than us.
                  Also the thing is that i am looking at it nicely without even considering UAE ! UAE has 4 games left and their opponents are sooooo easy.

So we have to win all games to get rid of all the ifs and buts! even 3 wins and 1 draw would create some ifs and buts for us with only 16 points.

btw I hope this doesn't get you more angry bro. I have no intention to offend you in anyway, please don't take it to heart.
                  You literally just posted a screenshot that confirms that the 5th runner-up team can qualify and you at the same time tell me to do some simple research.

I’m not aggressive my friend. I have no problems with you and wish you the best.

I put effort into clarifying the chances of qualification. At this point you’re being disrespectful.

You stated that I was completely wrong and that only the top 4 runner-ups can qualify, without checking your facts and some people thanked your post blindly.

It’s like some of you chose to not care about my informative post but continue with a negative mindset considering that I’m trying to give peace of mind to eveyone here by clarifying the qualifiers for unselfish reasons.

I agree with you about that we need to aim at winning all games, however, the point you made in your previous post was that I was completely wrong about the top 5 runner-ups qualifying and now you say that we need to win all games which has nothing to do with that point.

Once again, I agree with you about winning all games but it doesn’t change the fact that the top 5 runner-up teams can qualify which you said I’m wrong about.
                  #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Oh i see Okay ! but i never mentioned anything about you being wrong about the " top 4 runner-ups " ! all i said was that you got all this wrong and even if we get 15 points iran almost has no chance to qualify. That was the only thing i was trying to say.

Just to clarify i did look at the table before replying to you so i knew that 5 runner teams will qualify. If you read my reply again i clearly mentioned the teams.

Again just to clarify i did not say that you are wrong about the " top 5 runner-ups " qualifying. I was simply pointing to the fact that even with 15 points we have less than 10% chance to qualify. Thats all bro.

I still dono what you're trying to argue you about ? Its a fact that even with 15 points we can't qualify!

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
                    You literally just posted a screenshot that confirms that the 5th runner-up team can qualify and you at the same time tell me to do some simple research.

I’m not aggressive my friend. I have no problems with you and wish you the best.

I put effort into clarifying the chances of qualification. At this point you’re being disrespectful.

You stated that I was completely wrong and that only the top 4 runner-ups can qualify, without checking your facts and some people thanked your post blindly.

It’s like some of you chose to not care about my informative post but continue with a negative mindset considering that I’m trying to give peace of mind to eveyone here by clarifying the qualifiers for unselfish reasons.

I agree with you about that we need to aim at winning all games, however, the point you made in your previous post was that I was completely wrong about the top 5 runner-ups qualifying and now you say that we need to win all games which has nothing to do with that point.

Once again, I agree with you about winning all games but it doesn’t change the fact that the top 5 runner-up teams can qualify which you said I’m wrong about.

Comment

Iran is going to beat Iraq and Bahrain. End of story

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

4 straight wins or 3 wins and a tie will be enough for TM to qualify for the second round, it's that simple.

Comment

Thanks to Everyone for this thread and analysis.

I did not know about the qualification requirements but now i see that it is going very difficult for Iran to qualify for the next round.

Game against Bahrain will not be easy. They will kill time and do what ever to gain a draw from Iran and they will have good chance to do just that. Our team is not the same as under CQ. Iraq, the same. It is not easy to win against these two arab teams.

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                            In years prior, I may have doubted this statement. But with our boys flying high for their clubs (Sardar, Taremi, Milad, Gholi, Kaveh, AJR, Beiranvand, ...), they will be physically and emotionally fit for these qualifiers. The amount of confidence they will bring to the field will be huge. This will also energize the TM players from the non-Euro leagues and IPL,. No to mention that I feel good about Dragan too. All for TM!

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              In years prior, I may have doubted this statement. But with our boys flying high for their clubs (Sardar, Taremi, Milad, Gholi, Kaveh, AJR, Beiranvand, ...), they will be physically and emotionally fit for these qualifiers. The amount of confidence they will bring to the field will be huge. This will also energize the TM players from the non-Euro leagues and IPL,. No to mention that I feel good about Dragan too. All for TM!
                              The games are postponed as I expected. We do not know when the games will start. There can be a lot of changes from now to the time the games start in terms of players form and situation. I hope this postponement means that we can host with fans when the games start.

Comment

Amen!
                                Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X