This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
    I didn't see the game. Did Milad play WB or winger? Varzesh3 claims he played winger.

Go Milad!
    was playing Left Back in a standard 4-3-3.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      was playing Left Back in a standard 4-3-3.
      that's definitely best and his most natural position ..!
      i just dont rate him much as a Lwinger ... imo, barring pace, he has little to nothing else to offer in attacking that would be considered standout or awe inspiring ..!

his TM career on the left side started out so promising and exciting, but didnt really materialized into something wholesome and truly special ..!
      he is likely to remain a key TM left sided player, mostly due to defensive tenacity and stamina and high work-rate and off course because of the rarity and sever shortage of talents in that position for TM throughout the past decades but i even even rate the played out and sarpayeen Amiri more than him when it comes to making something happen further up that wing in the attacking front.

Comment

Kholaaseye baazie dirooz va paase gole khoobe Milad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxqoLJ_4KW0
        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
          Kholaaseye baazie dirooz va paase gole khoobe Milad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxqoLJ_4KW0

Watch these highlights and see how Odjija was key to almost every single goal/attacking chance they had.

Not sure if he was injured or benched because the coach was an idiot but Odjija is the key to gent having any sort of attacking fluidity.

He's the only midfielder they have who has the vision to provide quality service and passes to build attacks for the team.

Dorsch is defensive and Owusu as well.
          AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
            Watch these highlights and see how Odjija was key to almost every single goal/attacking chance they had.

Not sure if he was injured or benched because the coach was an idiot but Odjija is the key to gent having any sort of attacking fluidity.

He's the only midfielder they have who has the vision to provide quality service and passes to build attacks for the team.

Dorsch is defensive and Owusu as well.
            The BT sports commentators last EL game said that he has returned from injury recently, so that's probably why he was benched.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              that's definitely best and his most natural position ..!
              i just dont rate him much as a Lwinger ... imo, barring pace, he has little to nothing else to offer in attacking that would be considered standout or awe inspiring ..!

his TM career on the left side started out so promising and exciting, but didnt really materialized into something wholesome and truly special ..!
              he is likely to remain a key TM left sided player, mostly due to defensive tenacity and stamina and high work-rate and off course because of the rarity and sever shortage of talents in that position for TM throughout the past decades but i even even rate the played out and sarpayeen Amiri more than him when it comes to making something happen further up that wing in the attacking front.
              His position has never been a LW, not for TM, not for his clubs. At times he can play LWB in a back 5, where he looks good too, but that is still not a real left winger.

I personally think he is developing his offensive repertoire at Gent. Mainly from Thorup days where I think they trained specifically on his final ball/action, but this season the team seems to be relying on him as an outlet so he is getting plenty of practice. Looking at these highlights you can see even in most of their offensive actions milad is high up the pitch, adding himself to the attack as an option. Even when the ball doesnt come to him he is making space for others, like on yaremchuk's first goal. This ability to consistently add himself to the attack hasnt been coupled by any real mistakes on D end. He is still almost always back in position and concentrated. From all our defenders in TM I would say milad along with PAG makes the least errors. Even against hoffenheim, ok he hit the post once and could have done better on another chance, but he was by and large their best offensive threat, numerous solid crosses into dangerous areas that forwards failed to make the most of, always an option, and unlucky not to bag a goal.

I would never expect milad to be a marcelo type Left back. His general technical level/football IQ is too low to expect that sort of play from him as a LB, LWB. But for sure he has the raw ingredients that if utilized correctly, and trained a little bit can see him bag 5+ assists/ season in whatever team he plays on. And his tenacity and solidness on D end, his actual job, is a given. The fact that he benched Gent's record signing, 6M EU LB this season, and club legend and captain last season, shows that he is by all indications a solid player who is improving and multiple coaches have independently picked him ahead of other options.

Just for a comparision I would say somebody like moharrami has the most offensive talent of any defender we have. His technical play in tight spaces is better than most of our midfielders. Somebody like Ramin although lacking in technical ability in tight spaces has swagger in his final offensive contribution and gets high up the pitch and has a good natural crossing technique. Neither of those guys are as solid/trustworthy overall as somebody like milad, and it shows in europe. Ramin was a total failure in a midtable belgian team (not a team with as much competition and quality as Gent), and sadegh although now getting solid mins for a big developmental club in Dinamo Zagreb, with a lot of competition, still took over 2 years to reach this status and even now he is not a regular first choice for key matches.

Milad just turned 27 this summer. I would not be surprised at all if he keeps adding to offensive numbers this year and Gent pick up their form again if he has one more big transfer left in him. In general he is a serviceable, dependable player, with good experience and available for minimal fee, who can be a solid option for most midtable teams in top 5 leagues, either as a rotation player or starter. Again, dont expect him to set world alight on offensive standpoint, but he deserves credit for what he is.

Comment

Milad is starting in the EL match.

Comment

Gent down 0-1 after 12 min..

Comment

Lapse of defense from gent and they had two really good chances before. I think theull equalize

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yellow card for Milad.

Comment

Gent scores, 1-1.

Comment

1-1 after they equalized.

There should have been a penalty for gent as well but there’s no VAR

Milad has been great defensively and going forward today

Gent looking like they can score another goal or two!

Red star equally dangerous team with a bunch of players who are great shooters.

Comment

Recurring theme here for gent.

They start out so well, and they produced way more opportunities than red star.

But they seem to always mess up the final pass or finish.

They’re losing but they definitely deserved at least a draw here today.

Comment

Wow this red star keeper is incredible

He’s saved more than 5 100% chances for gent

Comment

Despite gent losing this game 1-2 this game was incredibly entertaining and exciting

Back to back action on both ends and both teams creating over a dozen great chances each.

The difference in this game:

Gent's third keeper conceded a really kiri goal

Lack of var didn't award a clear penatly to gent for a handball

But overall gent is playing much better than even a few games ago and looking very dangerous going forward, they just need a little luck and that final touch.

Comment

Working...
                                X