Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent game by him. Seems like most of the attacking was from his side of the field. Made a lot of crosses, some great, some basically a hail Mary .

Defensivly was solid, beside bumping into his teammate in the lead up to the first goal they conceded.

All together, deserves another start.

Comment

^ I didn't watch the whole game but every part I watched he was the engine of attacks form the left flank. Almost every time he touched the ball he made an impact either by amazing serves into the box or via effective runs and passes.

Go Milad!

Comment

Starting against Hoffenheim!!

Comment

well we thought milad would be replaced this year bc their club record signing was a new LB. Maybe this would have happened to other players, but milad is a real soldier and his mentality and style of play makes him hard to drop for any coach.

He is playing LWB today, I think they look more solid when using 3-5-2 and if they pick up a few more good results they could retain it going forward.

For milad it is a good role bc it highlights his offensive capabilities. Belgian analysts were talking about last match (2-1 def vs Genk) where Gent switched the 3-5-2 and had a much better display (despite making another couple bad individual errors in their own box), and actually highlighted milad as one of the teams main offensive outlets. It seems that the coach is trying specifically to target him as avenue for penetration into dangerous areas.

"Again you cannot blame De Decker. The trick with Mohammadi worked out well, and there are plenty of chances for Ghent to score 2-3 goals. The man must have gritted his teeth by now that the light always goes out from behind for a few minutes." https://twitter.com/FBatsele/status/1320826606592659456

"Tactically things were really not bad at Ghent yesterday. Onuachu was kept out of the game by putting a high back line, Maehle the same by putting Mohammadi high. For example, Wim DD neutralized Genk's 2 best assets. The form curve of his players kill him." https://twitter.com/TheBelgPatriot/s...31329157468166

"Ghent, however, is not bad. Tactically correct choice by mirroring 352. Mohammadi high to keep Maehle on his back line. Onuachu neutralized by playing high line. Lack of Ito at Genk, lack of efficiency at Ghent" https://twitter.com/Fosm0sis/status/1320843033231974400

Lets see if they can raise their level for hoffenheim match. Remember this team smashed bayern a few weeks ago.

Comment

gent playing well! Got a pk and yaremchuk missed it. But overall solid. Milad so far accurate in passing and positional play.

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/70700/Ge...offenheim.html

Comment

MilMo should really look into adding a bit of Risk, Inventiveness & trickery to his wing-play especially on the attacking front ..!
              He is just too boring & So damn predictable with his runs & combination plays up the left wing ..!
              Instead of practicing silly flip-throw-ins, he should spend much time in training learning some dribbling/ immediate marker-unsettling step-overs, body-fakes, jiggle factor, stopNgo, I don’t know whatever than the same ol bs speed move & aimless crossings, etc...!
              For all his admirable pace & defensive & man-marking tenacities, holy shittt he is so stereotypically foreseeable in transitional attacking up his wing...! I could see what he is trying to do with the ball from a mile away & off course so does any RB @ this level , knows to just contain & not allow him to speed move by him, hence render him a mostly tame attacking threat ..!

I don’t really mean to berate him, but man it’s so annoying to have a guy who has most key traits required to make him a world class LWinger, be lacking so badly on this front ..!

Considering his Inherent maddening pace & energy levels to recover defensively, as a first step, I’d advice him to up his confidence levels & once he gets by his immediate marker don’t just pump an aimless cross in, instead attack the spaces ahead of him full speed ahead, run into the box right @ the center halves, throw a simple shoulder fake one way to freeze em for a sec & blow by then the other way, then take some shots at goal or pick your head & lay it off to a the strikers...!

Go today do what I told you Milad ... come back to me next week I’ll tell you what next ..! 😏

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                MilMo should really look into adding a bit of Risk, Inventiveness & trickery to his wing-play especially on the attacking front ..!
                He is just too boring & So damn predictable with his runs & combination plays up the left wing ..!
                Instead of practicing silly flip-throw-ins, he should spend much time in training learning some dribbling/ immediate marker-unsettling step-overs, body-fakes, jiggle factor, stopNgo, I don’t know whatever than the same ol bs speed move & aimless crossings, etc...!
                For all his admirable pace & defensive & man-marking tenacities, holy shittt he is so stereotypically foreseeable in transitional attacking up his wing...! I could see what he is trying to do with the ball from a mile away & off course so does any RB @ this level , knows to just contain & not allow him to speed move by him, hence render him a mostly tame attacking threat ..!

I don’t really mean to berate him, but man it’s so annoying to have a guy who has most key traits required to make him a world class LWinger, be lacking so badly on this front ..!

Considering his Inherent maddening pace & energy levels to recover defensively, as a first step, I’d advice him to up his confidence levels & once he gets by his immediate marker don’t just pump an aimless cross in, instead attack the spaces ahead of him full speed ahead, run into the box right @ the center halves, throw a simple shoulder fake one way to freeze em for a sec & blow by then the other way, then take some shots at goal or pick your head & lay it off to a the strikers...!

Go today do what I told you Milad ... come back to me next week I’ll tell you what next ..! 😏
                I think that is just indicative of the team right now as much as it is his usual play. They are trying to take low risk which is normal after such a terrible run of form. But when he does get isolated and has a chance to make final offensive action I agree he needs to mix it up a bit.

Comment

as if on cue, great offensive move by milad to beat defender. Strong low cross cleared for corner. More of that decisive play please.

Comment

1-0 Hoffenheim against run of play off PK. Gent dealt with initial transition but another brain fart by cb gave away pk.

Comment

strong first half from milad. his crossses were either cleared for corners or hit their target. He was their main outlet for offensive attacks and it was quite effective. Overall gent dominated for long stretches, bad luck by missing their pk and a couple other promising half chances.

Defensively milad has been super aggressive and solid. Made some good tackles and positional play was spot on.

He could easily play for midtable bundesliga team judging from how consistent his EL + League performances have been. Wont be surprised if does make that type of transfer next summer if he keeps up this level and gent go on a better run of form again. Overall they are keeping the ball nicely and getting in behind. They just seem to be guaranteed a couple brain farts in their own box every game right now. Not sure if that is just a mental result of being in bad form or if the center backs were performing higher than their real level last year.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        1-0 Hoffenheim against run of play off PK. Gent dealt with initial transition but another brain fart by cb gave away pk.
                        i dont know about that....
                        Milad got dispossessed in MF and they got hit back on the counter, failed to get back and help defensively too, which led to the incidental handball from a shot in the left side of the box where he shoulda been to clean up his own mess..!!
                        if any single person at fault for that goal its him and the guy who handled the ball i suppose ... mostly milad..!!

he is too hesitant to pounce on big gaps provided to him down the wing too...!! i think he's gonna get subbed out by 65', if he doesnt step it up..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          i dont know about that....
                          Milad got dispossessed in MF and they got hit back on the counter, failed to get back and help defensively too, which led to the incidental handball from a shot in the left side of the box where he shoulda been to clean up his own mess..!!
                          if any single person at fault for that goal its him and the guy who handled the ball i suppose ... mostly milad..!!
                          he is too hesitant to pounce on big gaps provided to him down the wing too...!! i think he's gonna get subbed out by 65', if he doesnt step it up..!
                          the turnover happened on the other side of the pitch when he was 1v3? lol. If we account for that then every time offensive player gives away ball they are responsible for a goal. They had numbers back and seemed to recover initially. The CB didnt need to fall down like that.especially when the guy was never gonna get to his long first touch.

we will see if he gets subbed but most attacks have been from his side wouldnt you say? Anyways thats what german commentary was mentioning.

Comment

2-0. Milad definitely not involved this time as guy runs off cb and gets ball back from arriving midfielder (not tracked by DMs). that probably kills this game.

Comment

damn, Milad missed the best chance their team had in the 2nd half.

Whole team is playing garbage. This new coach is clueless

Comment

milad with couple bad 1v1 misses this half..! that second one whiskers away from sneaking in, hits the post..!!

still that is much better and more encouraging from him, otherwise he's looked uninspiring, tired and outa sink and uninvolved most all game long, espcially lacking confidence and gheyrat

Comment

Working...
                                X