This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    This is a throwaway comment to assign blame to people who would have no say in how the system would work anyway. There's a lot more than just "political differences" when working in Iran under IR. Pointing to a fault can be labeled treason at anytime.

If we are in the business of wide sweeping generalizations, I can confidently say that Diaspora fans and nonIR fans from Iran single handedly carry Iran's representation at World cups and Asian cups because the IR supporting fans always turn out to be dross, boring, and an eye sore to our community. I'm working with the sample size I've seen live at 2 world cups where our women and diaspora fans were the ones driving the cheers and the IR supporting fans were sitting down , quiet and useless like it was masjed. Ironically, those IR folks were greater pessimists about Iran's chances while we get told they are "true Iranian patriots". Shove off
    Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    Mostly because of access to Euro/Dollar and international banking thanks to the American sanctions. Otherwise players could come to Iran and Iranian clubs can also be in the international market to buy and sell easily. As it is they have made it very difficult for us.

Would like to add to these comments, specially Roozbeh-G2006's comment, with the US sanctions in effect, any Iranian individual abroad helping Iranian football teams (monetary or otherwise) would most likely get flagged by the US State Department and get most likely charged with circumventing US sanctions. If I recall correctly, a few years ago an Iranian businessman in the US sent money to help with a school construction in Iran and he ended up subpoenaed. Even if Iranians abroad wanted to help Iran's football infrastructure, this would be an extremely difficult task with how the global economy has shaped around Iran and the US sanctions.

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
      Mostly because of the negative name IR has gave us.
      I'm not sure I agree. At least in Serie A's case. They scout North Koreans for goodness sake.

Comment

some reports from russia that zenit are ready to (reluctantly) sell sardar and replace him with milik.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          some reports from russia that zenit are ready to (reluctantly) sell sardar and replace him with milik.
          Let's hope this is true if the interested party aren't a bad team.

Comment

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
            Let's hope this is true if the interested party aren't a bad team.
            I think in this situation, unlike AZ and ARJ, zenit have no need to sell.

Azmoun is probably their best player, without him they have zero offensive identity and struggle even in domestic comps.

BUT, if the offer is for the right money and sardar himself PUSHES for the move, then they will not hold him against his will and lose a significant profit for a player entering last 18months of deal.

This kind of prevents the possibility of him being shipped out to a crappy team that doesnt suit what he wants.

Comment

I think in this situation, unlike AZ and ARJ, zenit have no need to sell.

Azmoun is probably their best player, without him they have zero offensive identity and struggle even in domestic comps.

BUT, if the offer is for the right money and sardar himself PUSHES for the move, then they will not hold him against his will and lose a significant profit for a player entering last 18months of deal.

This kind of prevents the possibility of him being shipped out to a crappy team that doesnt suit what he wants.
              Definitely agree, Zenit showed that in the last transfer window when they put azmouns price tag around 25-30mil (if I'm not wrong) which is high considering a player going out of Russia (even though it's worth every penny).

Comment

Zenit will have a new manager next season too as Semak contract runs out. A lot also depends on whether this new manager wants to bring his own players in and the club gives him money to do this. Or if the new manager wants to keep Sardar bad and they offer him a contract he would find hard to refuse.

Comment

Just saw a source on instagram that dortmund is ready to put 30m for azmoun. Information to be taken with a pinch of salt of course

Comment

https://www.dailynews24.it/milan-per...e-al-borussia/
                    milan want azmoun to replace ibra down the line

dortmund want him to replace haaland eventually

Both are good. I was unsure of milan in the summer but they seem to have finally turned in terms of talent at their disposal, coaching (strong development of young players), and playing great football. Having said that, italian league in general is not very strong in my opinion, maybe just the collection of games I have seen this year and last. I think the speed/style of bundesliga suits sardar more than anywhere else.

Comment

Both are good. I was unsure of milan in the summer but they seem to have finally turned in terms of talent at their disposal, coaching (strong development of young players), and playing great football. Having said that, italian league in general is not very strong in my opinion, maybe just the collection of games I have seen this year and last. I think the speed/style of bundesliga suits sardar more than anywhere else.
                      I'd take Italy over Russia any day. Russia's best team looks like an amateur side in the Champions League every year they're so bad.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Melvino View Post
                        Just saw a source on instagram that dortmund is ready to put 30m for azmoun. Information to be taken with a pinch of salt of course
                        Its fake. Our sporting director confirmed we aren't signing anyone.

Comment

Yes...Milan please..!!
                          he's well passed the stage of playing back-up to others in his position..! and i can't imagine him be willing to play such a role to halaand but Ibra is Sardar's idol and well on his way towards retirement and Milan is in a whole different Class of a legendary of a clubs than Dortmund (who imo outside their crazy-ass, mad number of supporters , have little else to offer in terms of Obohat..!)

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                            Its fake. Our sporting director confirmed we aren't signing anyone.
                            I don’t think any of the original rumors/sources have specified a winter move or summer move

Comment

Zenit been linked with 20 million euro bid for Gremio forward Pepe. He isn’t someone I have been aware of before.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rafapfeif...22651730354176

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                Zenit been linked with 20 million euro bid for Gremio forward Pepe. He isn’t someone I have been aware of before.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rafapfeif...22651730354176
                                I think Porto’s also been linked with him

Comment

Working...
                                X