This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
    Setting aside my full biased support for our players for a moment and being objective. I don't see any of our players playing with real presence or inspiration on the field at the moment.
    Jahanbakhsh, Milmo, Moharammi , Gholizadeh do just to name a few.

Comment

Considering the context, I am ok with last night game.
      He played 90min,improved his condition. Was quite lively according to the livereport I read.

Hopefully he will be ready and show something against Dortmund

Comment

I dont think the dissapointment for zenit being so shit should be directed at sardar. We forget statistically he was having his best start to a season ever pre illness.

He is not even fit to start right now, had zero service, and the one decent ball put in the box he scored very nicely.

I also dont think in big scheme of things a goal against brugge would do much for him. He has scored against much better teams. If anything zenits embarassment will make his price lower, actually aiding a potential move to a strong suitor.

I think most crucial for sardar right now is just working on his match fitness. 4 weeks is a long time to not play and he is in his pre-season shape right now. If any team moves in january they will want him to contribute right away and not be unfit.

Comment

Zenit have three games in the league and one Champs League left before winter break. Last game is in 13 days time and then the league resumes on 27 Feb.

Comment

CQ for Zenith head coach!!!! Just saying...

Comment

Yaroslav Rakitsky is thinking to himself: Man, I should've stayed at Shakhtar.

Comment

On a side note, obviously it is time for sardar to go and quick, but this zenit team in general should be MUCH more.

REgardless of foreign player limit, other restrictions in russian football there is no reason for them to not be "best of the rest" in europe. They have the financial support, facilities, prestige to be doing what the likes of Salzburg, Dinamo, etc are. Just with some slightly long term planning they could get there provided they have a strong head coach who can develop players.

Wendel,Malcom,Lovren,RAkitskiy,Douglas Santos, Dzyuba are all players for a higher level of football and can form base of strong team. There are strong younger russian players in the league (many who zenit actually owned at some stage and mismanaged) who should be on the team, and they need to capitalize on foreign players who have performed well and have peak market value (Selling azmoun right now, or even better in the previous summer when price was maximum, selling driussi when Miami offered 20+ million, etc).

There is really no excuse for such constant pathetic displays in europe. The days of old school russian footballers who had both grit and quality and won Zenit EL are gone (arshavin,kerzhakov,anyukov, Fayzulin, Denisov). They need to modernize fast as other clubs in europe are showing that even without big budget, being in top 5 leagues you can still cause damage with a bit of planning/competent management.

Comment

I remember reading an article when they were saying a similar thing . Looking at Zenit looking at the local option when they bought in Semak after a few foreign managers. Then how they should be ok with the backing of Gazprom but in this current client even Zenit are being cautious.

I really think they will get a new manager in for next season and open the cheque book for him.

Comment

So I called up my father to ask if he saw Sardars performance against Brugge, he told me he thought it was Saeid playing. Implying that Sardar is fat. Lmao 🤣
                    Got to admit that he has put on some weight and looked sluggish.
                    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

starting in 8 min.

Comment

He got a hat trick in this fixture last year.

Comment

Goal Sardar, nice well taken header just outside six yard box. So happy for him:

Comment

Goaaal Azmoun!

Comment

yes
                              finally a sardar header goal..!! been a long damn time

Comment

Yesssssss second goal Sardar yes. Lovely well taken perseverance and finish.

Comment

Working...
                                X