Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St. Petersburg | 2020-21 - Page 72

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St. Petersburg | 2020-21

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Sardar played great. He had strong runs, troubled defenders and held up the ball well in dangerous positions to create scoring opportunities for his teammates. He also contributed defensively particularly with corners. I don't know what more he could do bar scoring a goal but it's really hard when Zenit's midfield is so horrendous.
    Also, let's not forget that Malcolm creativity was missing and Semak is a head coach with only one lineup and with no idea on how to utilise his subs.

Sardar needs to get out of Zenit soon, he's achieved all there is to achieve in Russia but as is the case with his kidnapper Berdiev, he may feel too comfortable and cozy to make a real effort at leaving (Stockholm syndrome)...or perhaps no real good offers came his way.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.Oz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I watched ~45 minutes of the game, Dzyuba and Azmoun played well, but they were also the ones carrying the ball from the midfield all the way up towards the opposition goal. Seemed like the Zenit strategy was our own good old "bezan ziresh bebinim chi mishe"
    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
    - Mohammad Mokhtari

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,874 Times in 6,005 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    The biggest thing I noticed was that Zenit really failed to take advantage in transition.

They would do their ali asghari thing and then the midfielder or Dzyuba would take WAY TOO MUCH time moving the ball up to launching a counter. By the time they got into a dangerous position Azmoun was double marked.

Whereas when Azmoun would get the ball on the break he could come up with a quick flick or a pass to continue the attack.
    didnt see their CL match but slow transition play has forever been the Achilles' heel of Semak's zenit set-ups ..! it becomes most evident when facing a more quality opponent, especially one which would press them high up in their own half and won't allow them to comfortably cruise to past their opponents half before facing a packed toothless defenses that they most often face in RPL action..!!

that's mostly because they got a bunch of hustler and hard running but technic and vision-less scrub MFdrs in the mold of Ozdoyev, karvayev, Kuzyaev, mostovoy, barrios and even this new kid Wendel looks similarly molded player too ...!!? Malcom is pretty decent on that front but i guess he was injured for the CL clash ..?

as a result sardar and dzuba become mostly isolated up top with no decent service arriving and have to feed off Set pieces, rebounds and other scraps here n there to score a goal..!

imo, in their remaining CL clashes, they may well go with Dzuba alone up top and be better off Pulling Sardar back to play more of ACM role for them ..??

talking of slowing down counters and transition play, none one is more guilty of than Barios...!! the little scrappy asss dude has a good defensive positioning sense and use his little body brilliantly in order to shield the ball but holy fking hell he holds the ball too damn long and takes him forever and more to pass it off to another open player ....! that dude kills off more swift counters than most in zenit..!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

General Member
    Thanks
    Hi everyone! I hope you all are doing well! Here is a video I made for Azmoun’s performance yesterday against Club Brugge.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I hope you enjoy!
    Follow @iran.futbal on Instagram if you like 👍🏼

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sepehrkh5 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,099 Times in 2,990 Posts
    Matchup against former club

10. The Following User Says Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,800 Times in 1,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactika View Post
    That's Wilmar Barrios me and inarsenewetrust previously discussed about.
    Turns out he's a good, hardworking player but just hadn't been given correct instructions by semak.
    Hamin ast.

Barrios dar Boca Juniors behtarin bazikone team bood, ham ghalbe team bood ham maghze team.

In Semak balad nist az tavanaaiye in bazikon estefaadeh kone.

Be nazare man bayad bezane bere az Roosie, bazikoni ast ke mitone be asooni dar yeki az lighaaye bozorge Europa baazi kone.

Vaghtesho talaf nakone zire in morrabbie roose mahdood.
    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardalan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 995 Posts
    Zenit at home today against Rubin Kazan.

14.30 GMT kick off time.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    According to here the only injury doubt is Malcom.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Sardar not in the match-day squad vs Rubin. Maybe they're resting him for CL, but somewhat odd he's not even on the bench. Is he injured?

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KasraKhan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    Thanked 2,079 Times in 995 Posts
    I can’t see any reports of injury , Semak probably knows he needs a good performance in CL midweek and needs his best player fully fit for ii.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Medzdidz For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eski_8 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 392

You do not have permission to view the list of names.