This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
    They eliminated Zenit, Benfica, Tottenham, Juventus, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City.

They beat all of them without any extra time or penalties.

They even won in style as you said,

Leipzig 4-0 Tottenham.
    Lyon 3-1 Manchester City.

The final can be Leipzig vs Lyon.

Now imagine that.

If that happens then Azmoun and Zenit were in the group of the galácticos.
    Unfortunately a final lyon vs leipzig will do nothing for Azmoun now, like loosing narrowly to a future finalist argentina did very few for Iran after 2014.
    In this case zenit group games were almost one year ago!

When a draw occurs, we should hope for prestigious opponents (to bring the spotlights on our players) and if possible having them in bad shape (like the current Barcelona).

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      Obv. a longshot bc of prices but azmoun (or any iranian ever) in this leipzig team would be my dream. They replaced werner with Hwang from sister club salzburg but still need a profile to replace shick whose loan ended and couldnt renewed. As well as a replacement for poulsen who started tonight after being phased out much of the season, his weak play led to turnover that resulted in equalizing PK play.
      https://www.skysports.com/football/n...at-trabzonspor

https://twitter.com/NORftbl/status/1295390376245821440

Same. They are in for Sørloth apparently.

Comment

Match day tomorrow (August 19) at 10am PST vs. CSKA Moscow.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          Match day tomorrow (August 19) at 10am PST vs. CSKA Moscow.
          they used to stream these live on YT right? cause wanna put the game on with my baba now that I'm home.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
            they used to stream these live on YT right? cause wanna put the game on with my baba now that I'm home.
            They still do but there is a subscription price now.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              & to think that Heading into their last group clash vs Benfica Zenit were in complete control of their destiny & in the driver’s seat needing just a tie ? to Advance outa the group stage as group leaders with ..!& Lethargic looking Zenit seemed way off their game.. .... absence of Ratliski due to suspension left a gaping hole in their back line & even in the ability of Zenit to hold some possession in middle of the pitch & Dzuba played perhaps his worst ever game in Zenit shirt ..!
              They got lucky a few times not conceding & Sardar had a couple of LD efforts go barely wide off the post in first half & In the 2nd half All the wheels came off Zenit completely after conceding shortly after the whistle & especially after Santos got red carded for handling the ball in the box conceding the PK & Sardar round off the miserable day @ the office
              with a late Own goal from CK ..!

So damn much was lost that day for Zenit in 1 lousy half of football game ...! to make the matter worse they had to go on a long ass winter layoff after that game with plenty of time for Regrets...! & only coming back to action after even longer than usual winter break due to Covid...!

I’m wondering if seeing the other two teams in their group advancing to CL Semis, is further aggravating Zenit players & fans, wondering if it coulda been them..!??
              the way you described that I thought Poland was getting invaded by the nazis

Comment

anyone has a link to the game?

Comment

If you have FUBO TV (and ditch cable and save hundreds getting all the same regular channels + even more football channels) RPL and nearly all zenit games are live on your tv.

In unrelated news that I will just put out there, Leverkusen are expected to sell havertz shortly for 80-100MIL EU to Chelsea, AND other CF alario is expected to depart as well. These are the main players that have played CF for them this season. We know they have had big interest in sardar in the past, placing 15 mil EU bid during his time with rostov, and another bid right before WC. These were confirmed by berdyev himself.

I doubt sardar leaves this summer because zenit simply dont have any time to replace him and bed in the replacement (who they have already noted will have to be a foreigner as they see no domestic player on sardar's level). But in Jan when they typically do most of their transfer work as they have 3 month winter break it is a bigger possibility (he will also enter the last year of his contract in january).

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      I doubt sardar leaves this summer because zenit simply dont have any time to replace him and bed in the replacement (who they have already noted will have to be a foreigner as they see no domestic player on sardar's level). But in Jan when they typically do most of their transfer work as they have 3 month winter break it is a bigger possibility (he will also enter the last year of his contract in january).
                      Didn't they have Kokorin lined up to replace him? They sold him after Napoli bought Osimhen.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                        Didn't they have Kokorin lined up to replace him? They sold him after Napoli bought Osimhen.
                        kokorin was rumored but it kind of became obvious at least to semak and co that while he is a good player he wont be able to replace azmoun. Plus with azmoun departure this summer never certain kokorin didnt want to risk any more time not playing football (backup to azmoun+dzyuba) after he missed a couple years in prison.

To replace azmoun they will look for foreign player of similar calibre.

Comment

Was an absolute steal the price they got Sardar for and If they sell him will go for about it over double what they payed.
                          Won’t be cheap to replace him.

Comment

For those in the UK, if you have a Skybet account they have been showing all of the Russian games on there live.

Here is a link to the game for those who don’t

http://www.hesgoal.com/news/65964/Ze...KA_Moscow.html

Comment

Game is late kicking off.

Comment

Trophy ceremony , Sardar given one I am guessing for being top scorer last season ?

Comment

Working...
                                X