This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    Top 40 football clubs worldwide according to FiveThreeEight. As much as some would like Sardar to transfer to a "top" flight league...he is currently in the best club from any of our active legionnaires (and more importantly, excelling there).
    https://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/2020-08-...threeeight.htm
    The Global Club Soccer Rankings Top 40
    1. Man. City
    2. Bayern Munich
    3. Liverpool
    4. Barcelona
    5. PSG
    6. Real Madrid
    7. Man. United
    8. RB Leipzig
    9. Atlético Madrid
    10. Chelsea
    11. Dortmund
    12. Atalanta
    13. Sevilla
    14. Inter Milan
    15. Wolves
    16. RB Salzburg
    17. Leicester
    18. Juventus
    19. AC Milan
    20. Leverkusen
    21. Gladbach
    22. Napoli
    23. Zenit
    24. Real Sociedad
    25. Villarreal
    26. Getafe
    27. Ajax
    28. Tottenham
    29. Arsenal
    30. Roma
    31. Porto
    32. Granada
    33. Southampton
    34. Olympiacos
    35. Hoffenheim
    36. Wolfsburg
    37. Everton
    38. Leganés
    39. Flamengo
    40. Lyon
    This list is a joke. How is Leganés, a club that just got relegated to the second division, in the top 40 and above Lyon who’s currently in the quarter final of the Champions Leauge?

How is Leganés in the top 40 but not clubs like

Benfica, Sporting, Lazio, Fiorentina, Marseille, Lille, Monaco, Rennes, Nice, Valencia, Athletic Bilbao, PSV, AZ, Feyenoord, Celtic, Basel, Dinamo Zagreb, Dynamo Kyiv, Shaktar Donetsk

Just to name a few?
    #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      zenit with 2 wins but uninspiring football. They look tired as expected. Still the front 4 of driussi,dzyuba,azmoun,malcom is impressive and if in sync can trouble many teams in europe.

Lovren seems to have slotted in well and back 4 + GK + cdm are set.

They still really need more variability and speed in offense and one quality midfielder.

Wanderson of krasnodar has been mentioned which would be a sick addition with his pace and creativity. Him and malcom on opposite wings would be devastating with driussi off the bench.

For center mid they really need somebody like their ex player Axel Witsel who is now at dortmund. Somebody of that level and playing style would elevate them to a strong CL team, similar to zenit of past when axel witsel, danny, hulk and co were a force to be reckoned with in europe.
      For the CM position, they should (IMO) sign Adrien Silva who's known for his dribbling and passing skills. And can link/transition from defense between attack; should be a feasible and realistic transfer target for Zenit.

As for Wanderson of Krasnodar, he is closer to Sporting than to Zenit if you believe Portuguese media.

Comment

Sardar’s horse maybe getting it’s first race in October , great lineage as a colt of Frankel too.

https://www.racing.com/news/2020-08-...colt-on-target

Comment

anybody watching atleti leizpig tonight what a game!!

this is real football, and leipzig play the most interesting modern style I see in europe now. Nagelsmann has built a real german machine.

And upamecano...This guy is seriously top 5 cb on earth, he has completely nullified costa and co all night (until his cb partner gave up dumb pk). In hindsight again zenit battled well vs leipzig, yes were dominated but kept it very close. And azmoun although physically up against this beast of a man still was able to fashion a couple nice moments for himself. To me that shows he can take it up to next level for sure.

Obv. a longshot bc of prices but azmoun (or any iranian ever) in this leipzig team would be my dream. They replaced werner with Hwang from sister club salzburg but still need a profile to replace shick whose loan ended and couldnt renewed. As well as a replacement for poulsen who started tonight after being phased out much of the season, his weak play led to turnover that resulted in equalizing PK play.

Comment

RB Leipzig are through!!! Zenit honestly were in a group of death :|

RB Leipzig should target to win the whole thing honestly after seeing what they did to Atlético!

Comment

I think if zenit had malcom they would have gone through for sure instead of lyon. They were right there until second half capitulation vs benfica (without rakitskiy and driussi as well that night).

I think there is enough in their team with 1-2 more quality additions to be really dangerous in CL, even if they dont always click vs domestic opposition.

Comment

this is real football, and leipzig play the most interesting modern style I see in europe now. Nagelsmann has built a real german machine.

And upamecano...This guy is seriously top 5 cb on earth, he has completely nullified costa and co all night (until his cb partner gave up dumb pk). In hindsight again zenit battled well vs leipzig, yes were dominated but kept it very close. And azmoun although physically up against this beast of a man still was able to fashion a couple nice moments for himself. To me that shows he can take it up to next level for sure.

Obv. a longshot bc of prices but azmoun (or any iranian ever) in this leipzig team would be my dream. They replaced werner with Hwang from sister club salzburg but still need a profile to replace shick whose loan ended and couldnt renewed. As well as a replacement for poulsen who started tonight after being phased out much of the season, his weak play led to turnover that resulted in equalizing PK play.
                Leipzig is so, so good. And so fun to watch. And this is without their supposed best player from last year, Werner.

I think we discussed this when Zenit played Leipzig, but I was sad how Dayot got the better of Sardar. Now come to realize it, Dayot is just a once in a generation talent. He has no flaws as a CB. And as you said, Sardar got the better of him a few times and almost scored (I believe he got past Dayot, but the ball barely rolled wide of the post).

Comment

Leipzig, Shakhtar, Zenit, Atalanta, and Leicester City IMO are some of the most underrated clubs in the world

Comment

upamecano was insane... i never knew how good he was on the ball. his touch and pass was crazy good for a center back

Comment

Vote for Sardar in the AFC's greatest goal bracket challenge:

Sardar Azmoun (IRN) v Mao Jianqing (CHN)

https://www.the-afc.com/competitions...ao-razali-yoon

Comment

Zenit away again Rostov, kick off at 6pm GMT.

Comment

Comment

Shomurdov from Rostov is one to watch for us - Uzbekistan NT striker and one of the leagues best. Will be a good test for our CBs in a few weeks from now.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Interested to see how Azmoun performs without Dzyuba up front with him. Azmoun the main man today , hope he can bag a couple, also if there is a penalty he may take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                                Interested to see how Azmoun performs without Dzyuba up front with him. Azmoun the main man today , hope he can bag a couple, also if there is a penalty he may take it.
                                Yes, it'll be a nice test for his TM appearance (though he should have Mehdi helping him as well). It'll also be a nice game for him to shine and bag 1-2 goals to start his goal tally this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X