This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MOTM display.

2 chances, 2 fantastic finishes. The level of difficulty on both was really considerable. Poulsen missed the same chance as second goal yesterday vs PSG.

His link up play and defending from set pieces excellent again.

Somebody suggested to start rezaei instead of azmoun the other day...They refuse to comment on this thread Im not sure why.

This guy is our best player and its not even close. He said he wants new challenge publicly, he got one of best agents in the game confirming it, he got top scorer last season, now has 3 goals in 3 matches (all 3 vs top 5 sides). Until an offer comes in that is BETTER than current situation at zenit, where he is clearly improving in all departments, then all he can do is continue with this form.

Any scouts watching will have seen a real clinic from him.

Comment

Originally posted by tiesto View Post
      Sardar is probably the most “be deghat” striker I’ve seen at his level. His precision is awful. He just volleyed a ball in the opposite direction lol
      hopefully you can admit you were dead wrong on this one.

Comment

He is one of the best players in the world in the box, so dangerous. I’ve said it before, 25 million is a steal , Zenit can not afford for him to leave unless an offer is made that they can’t afford to lose.

Comment

Zenit don't need the money they offer for Azmun, he is one of the richest clubs in the world. The reason for the transition can be either the very desire of Azmun, or an obscenely huge amount)).

Comment

Originally posted by Premier View Post
            Zenit don't need the money they offer for Azmun, he is one of the richest clubs in the world. The reason for the transition can be either the very desire of Azmun, or an obscenely huge amount)).
            Totally agree with you.Azmoun enters final year of contract in january. Makes sense financially for zenit to make huge profit on him then, given that he said he is ready for a new challenge publicly.

His finishing is going from 2/5 chances to 4/5 chances this season. Zenit with malcom are much better and a threat in CL if they can add one good midfielder.

In January it will be perfect time to sell bc of 3 months russian break. And they should not and will not take less than 30 million.

Comment

His two goals are pure class. Khak tu sare top4 leagues

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                His two goals are pure class. Khak tu sare top4 leagues
                lets be honest here. Brutally honest. If azmoun was brazilian hed have a long list of offers from leipzig, sevilla, united, dortmund, etc level teams. He really has nothing less than there forwards and in most cases is superior.
                The issue is not so much RACISM from these clubs, but financial and business motivated ones . the reality is iran and anything iran related really has a negative connotation in capitalist system and economic realm. Rightly or wrongly. To sponsors, consumers, fans, etc even if they are not fully sure why and have nothing personal against iranians, the connotation is negative. As an iranian in the west you can think to yourself if you started a company in order to ensure financial success and attractiveness to sponsors and investors you would want to keep mention of your name and iran to a real minimum (as many top iranian businesss people have).

Why should jonathan david go to lille for 30 mil and nobody bats an eye at the pricetag, when he achieved 1/2half of what azmoun has in his career, or osimhen be worth to napoli 25 million more than azmoun? There is no performance related reason. Azmoun may be a couple years older but in that tradeoff he has way more experience and has dealt with dips in form already and recovered. I am still waiting for somebody to make a convincing argument of performance related deficiencies in his game that put him on different level to aforementioned players.

He plays in russia but he has proved himself in CL, EL in MULTIPLE seasons and his performances in russia are very strong vs the top sides. And its not like russian teams arent exporting at all : Paredes to PSG (50 mil), Golovin to Monaco (25 mil), Miranchuk now to atalanta (15-20 mil) just in past 2 years. Basically any truly talented player who shows themself in both domestic and european comps will get solid offers.

Azmoun can only continue to do his job and perform. Eventually the crapiness of iranian brand will be pushed aside by a serious suitor. You cant tell me for clubs like napoli, leipzig, leverkusen , etc 5 mil extra for a starting CF is a real sticking point. These guys are shitting out money.

Anyways, zenit are looking like a better team in multiple departments this season and if he continues in this vain it will just be undeniable for him. His age is still perfect for taking next step within next year.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  lets be honest here. Brutally honest. If azmoun was brazilian hed have a long list of offers from leipzig, sevilla, united, dortmund, etc level teams. He really has nothing less than there forwards and in most cases is superior.

The issue is not so much that there is RACISM from these clubs, but financial and business motivated. the reality is iran and anything iran really has a negative connotation in capitalist system and economic realm. Rightly or wrongly. To sponsors, consumers, fans, etc even if they are not fully sure why and have nothing personal against iranians, the connotation is negative. As an iranian in the west you can think to yourself if you started a company in order to ensure financial success and attractiveness to sponsors and investors you would want minimum mention of your name and iran to a real minimum (as many top iranian businesss people have).

Why should jonathan david go to lille for 30 mil and nobody bats an eye at the pricetag, when he achieved 1/2half of what azmoun has in his career, or osimhen be worth to napoli 25 million more than azmoun? There is no performance related reason. Azmoun may be a couple years older but in that tradeoff he has way more experience and has dealt with dips in form already and recovered.

I am still waiting for somebody to make a convincing argument of performance related deficiencies in his game that put him on different level to aforementioned players. He plays in russia but he has proved himself in CL, EL in MULTIPLE seasons and his performances in russia are very strong vs the top sides. And its not like russian teams arent exporting at all : Paredes to PSG (50 mil), Golovin to Monaco (25 mil), Miranchuk now to atalanta (15-20 mil) just in past 2 years. Basically any truly talented player who shows themself in both domestic and european comps will get solid offers.

Azmoun can only continue to do his job and perform. Eventually the crapiness of iranian brand will be pushed aside by a serious suitor. You cant tell me for clubs like napoli, leipzig, leverkusen , etc 5 mil extra for a starting CF is a real sticking point. These guys are shitting out money.

Anyways, zenit are looking like a better team in multiple departments this season and if he continues in this vain it will just be undeniable for him. His age is still perfect for taking next step within next year.
                  Agree with a lot of your points but we also gotta consider his performance in the Champions League return leg against Benfica. I feel like that one game had a really bad impact on his prospects

Comment

Tied with Noboa for top scorer

Comment

Originally posted by mistermo View Post
                      Agree with a lot of your points but we also gotta consider his performance in the Champions League return leg against Benfica. I feel like that one game had a really bad impact on his prospects
                      was a solid game from him in all honesty. He didnt miss any big chances and worked the keeper well a couple times. His curler from outside box was rare shot for him and actually nearly went in.

Definitely not a bad game or any glaring misses. Anyways 1 match vs benfica cannot compare to ALL the excellent CL games. But even that game was a relatively positive one for him, creating chances on his own with little to no service.

Comment

MOTM!

Comment

My son reminds me a little of him.

Comment

dayum
                            couple of absolute beauties...!!

i thought the FULL games were gonna be available After the fact for free on YT..?

I'd like to see this full match.... anybody got link ? looks like it was a banger..!!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              The issue is not so much RACISM from these clubs, but financial and business motivated ones . the reality is iran and anything iran related really has a negative connotation in capitalist system and economic realm. Rightly or wrongly. To sponsors, consumers, fans, etc even if they are not fully sure why and have nothing personal against iranians, the connotation is negative. As an iranian in the west you can think to yourself if you started a company in order to ensure financial success and attractiveness to sponsors and investors you would want to keep mention of your name and iran to a real minimum (as many top iranian businesss people have).

Why should jonathan david go to lille for 30 mil and nobody bats an eye at the pricetag, when he achieved 1/2half of what azmoun has in his career, or osimhen be worth to napoli 25 million more than azmoun? There is no performance related reason. Azmoun may be a couple years older but in that tradeoff he has way more experience and has dealt with dips in form already and recovered. I am still waiting for somebody to make a convincing argument of performance related deficiencies in his game that put him on different level to aforementioned players.

He plays in russia but he has proved himself in CL, EL in MULTIPLE seasons and his performances in russia are very strong vs the top sides. And its not like russian teams arent exporting at all : Paredes to PSG (50 mil), Golovin to Monaco (25 mil), Miranchuk now to atalanta (15-20 mil) just in past 2 years. Basically any truly talented player who shows themself in both domestic and european comps will get solid offers.

I can agree with some of your points but I think the point with sanctions, iran bad reputation for fans and business is exaggerated.
                              First I don't think sanctions are directed to football clubs that go and buy an Iranian players from a Russian team. Respectable teams like Gent, brugge, Porto, zenit bought Iranian players without troubles. Lots of football clubs don't have ties with anything American to fear sanctions.
                              About sponsors, I doubt that one Iranian player in the squad will make them afraid.
                              Fans will always be skeptical with an exotic nationality but it is enough the player to score some goals and it will fine (see rezaei).
                              At the end of the day, clubs search players that will have an impact in their team. All the teams doesn't go after neymar or Beckham for marketing/business purpose.
                              If they feel the guy can be a game changer, they will go after him, even if he is Iranian or north korean.

Yes iran reputation is pretty bad but in the football map they aren't worse that gabon (aubameyang), armenia (mkhitarian), Macedonia (pandev), iraq (the guy in udinese).

Comment

I think in the football business it is often important to have a good Agent. Sardar is managed by LIAN SPORTS. Its a normal agency but definitly not the best. If you look at their layers and transfer history it is nothing special to look at. I could imagine that if Mino was his agent he would have offers from Juventus, AC Milan, Everton and other big clubs.
                                At the end. I can just hope he gets playing time in the Championsleague or at worst Europa League squad with attacking playing style.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X