This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Zenit is playing Pakhtakor right now. Live on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRsxDDx037Q

Comment

I think i would like to see him get a bit more cut, definitely more room to improve in terms of fitness. His physicality already is excellent but with some proper guidance he could be at an elite caliber while still having stamina

Comment

Scored in a friendly

Comment

very nice finish

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
              I think i would like to see him get a bit more cut, definitely more room to improve in terms of fitness. His physicality already is excellent but with some proper guidance he could be at an elite caliber while still having stamina
              Agreed. I would also refer to comments by berdyev + other rubin coaches and azmouns teammates (old and current) about his strength in general.

Some players get super pumped up in the gym and still get pushed off the ball easy. Others may not look super muscular but have natural strength and sturdiness. Sardar falls into that category. Thats why in a league as physical as RPL he has had no issues playing as CF and pretty much managed vs all top tier CBs in CL as well.

If you look at his lower body his calves are simply massive and its easy to see where his power, speed, and leaping ability in comes from.

But like you say, if that potential is harnessed a bit more he would physically be in the top percentage of CFs. Something I think a Bundesliga club could help him with very well. Similar to what bayern have done with physiques of goretzka, lewandowski, evne coutinho during his short time there, etc.

Comment

https://twitter.com/zenit_spb/status...36387039277059
                __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

dortmund offer for azmoun how legit is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                    dortmund offer for azmoun how legit is it?
                    Not at all legit I think as I can't find a single source online for it [emoji23] can you provide your source?

Comment

Originally posted by mattigil View Post
                      Not at all legit I think as I can't find a single source online for it [emoji23] can you provide your source?
                      my dad told me he read it , that is why i am asking

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                        my dad told me he read it , that is why i am asking
                        as legit as the fact your dad told you this

Comment

It’s either he leaves this summer or he doesn’t leave Russia at all. This summer is the last chance to leave for a bigger club. How his performance is in the second half of the season will be a big deciding factor if he goes or stays.

Comment

Zenit is a strong team in a decent league, but if Azmoun is looking to build a legacy fitting for his talent, he will have to leave Russia. Zenit hasn't gone past the group stage in the CL since 2015-16 and only twice in the past decade. They're in the EL as often as CL. This isn't a top shelf team, no way around that.

Personally, I think he would be a good fit in Germany, or the rare Iranian to succeed in England, given his strengths. But, as with most strikers, he will need to go with somewhere that provides him good service. Azmoun is an excellent finisher and strong header who has some pace, but as his time with Rubin and even Rostov showed, he isn't a game changer by himself (unless he suddenly develops a rocket shot or becomes a better dribbler).

Comment

if azmoun want to show his talent he have to go a better league like germany or spain, no england ,italy is ok also

Comment

Azmoun just turned 26 and already has won the Russian league twice , 1 Russian Supercup, 1 Russian National Cup & 1 topscorer title.

So yes, the best thing for him would be a transfer to one of the top-4 (PL, BL , PD , SA) but IF the right offer doesn't come, he is still young and COULD stay 1 or 2 seasons more for the right team.

I wouldn't want Azmoun to make the same mistake ARJ made.
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X