Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For US viewers, the Zenit-Brugge match will be broadcast live on Galavision (Spanish language). It's in my satellite package already, but others may need to subscribe to it. It's HD, and the goal celebrations by the announcers are worth it!

Comment

Champs League is live on BT Sport in the UK which is annoying.

Comment

team news : Brugge without GK mignolet from covid, starting forward Krmencik also covid, and their most solid Cb Simon deli (suspended)

Zenit will be missing malcom (slight injury, how tf does this guy get injured so much?) and Douglas Santos (suspended). Everybody else fit and available. Both teams come into the game in good form and both first in their respective leagues (tied with charleroi and spartak on pts respectively)

-------------------Kerzhakov-------------
        Karavaev---Lovren-----Rakitskiy-----Krugovoy/Zhirkov
        Kuzyaev-------Barrios-----Ozdoev-----Driussi
        -------------Sardar--------Dzyuba------------

Expect zenit to retain 4-4-2, they could switch this vs dortmund where they will be at big disadvantage in midfield, but vs brugge zenit are actually superior talent wise throughout the pitch, so the 2 mids can get it done like vs benfica, lyon. Kuzyaev came back and was influential with forward passing vs sochi, hes a solid player when fit and in form and should play in place of malcom. Driussi back from injury is key for zenit. Only question is LB. No Santos (who is in great form) means that Semak will have to decide between veteran zhirkov who just started 3 consecutive games for Russian NT and was given a break at the weekend or young Krugovoy, who many on this forum have pointed out gives a lot of dynamism and offensive output; good dribbler, good shot and cross, fast.

IMO semak should show some faith in the youth and go with krugovoy for this one. He seems ready. But knowing semak he will probably stick with 40 year old zhirkov.

Regardless zenit have enough talent on pitch to get the job done. This game is already a must win vs the "weakest" team of the group, at home. IF they dont collect 3 pts road to qualification for RO16 looks very hard already. hopefully sardar punishes this asshole clement who discarded kaveh for no reason.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          Regardless zenit have enough talent on pitch to get the job done. This game is already a must win vs the "weakest" team of the group, at home. IF they dont collect 3 pts road to qualification for RO16 looks very hard already. hopefully sardar punishes this asshole clement who discarded kaveh for no reason.
          I love Iranians. They have the longest memories of being scorned. Never cross an Iranian

Comment

in Matchday 1 vs Lyon azmoun scored the first goal of the UCL group stages.

Wouldnt put it past him to score first goal in group stages again this year, given zenit's early kickoff time.

Comment

Peep our boy

Comment

Lol I'm gonna miss this match tonight, have an afterwork... Only good thing is I'm going out for Persian food.

Comment

lol why are Zenit's kick off times the earliest? Does this have something to do with them being in basket 1 or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                    Lol I'm gonna miss this match tonight, have an afterwork... Only good thing is I'm going out for Persian food.
                    ah, being a grown up sucks

Comment

awaiting shambool slaughter time ...

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                        lol why are Zenit's kick off times the earliest? Does this have something to do with them being in basket 1 or what?
                        I think it has to do with the weather condition in the hosting country.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                          I think it has to do with the weather condition in the hosting country.
                          I more think its due to time difference.

Comment

Everything is in Azmoun's favor to score this game. Home stadium, weakest team in the group, missing their best players. I'd say a brace isn't out of the question

Comment

This group was made for Sardar, games look like they will be very open. If their defence can stay strong (come on Lovren!!!) then their attack will get chances too. I hope they smash the Belgians, Sardar should wear a t shirt with Kaveh’s face on it and show it off when he scores 😃

Comment

This group is a great litmus test for Sardar

Club brugge is a team that will park the bus if needed. Can Azmoun cut the brakes?

Lazio is a solid talian team. They can defend. If he scores on them he shows he has what it takes to make it in one of the more defensive minded leagues in the Top 5.

Scoring on Dortmund will say much of the same for him if he wants to break into the Bundesliga. I think its his biggest challenge pedigree wise against those Centerbacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X