Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am really surprised that there is obviously no serious offer for Azmoun. If he would join a team lets say in the Bundesliga (Leverkusen, Gladbach, Dortmund or so), I am pretty sure with the high quality players around him he would make 20 goals 5 assists easily. Arent the clubs willing to pay his price or what is the problem?! The last chance for Zenit making money out of Azmoun would be the winter transfer window.
    I hope that Sevilla and co are still going for him..

Comment

Its so early in the window. This thread goes from 1 extreme to another with regards to azmoun transfer.
      These are the facts :
      1. Azmoun is ready to leave. This is the biggest and most important fact that many of us had doubts about for some time. But in his latest TV interview with iranian tv he confirmed he wants of a new challenge in a top league/team but he has 1 year remaining with zenit so he is not in total control of the situation, and is respectful of whatever final decision the club take with regards to him.

https://www.iranianmoviebox.com/episode/pishgoo-part-3/
      See min 9:56, later in the interview he again reiterates his biggest personal dream is to make it to a top european club and open doors for other iranians.
      From this evidence, I find it hard to believe he'd turn around and sign a new deal with zenit, ofc anything is possible and everybody has their price but Id say its not the most likely outcome.

2. Azmoun has a year left on his CURRENT deal. One year until he is a free agent. If we take what he says publicly at face value in #1, then we have to assume that #2 will be decisive for zenit in terms of agreeing a fee should a suitor provide a real bid.

3. He has interest from several clubs, no offers this summer yet (acc to semak latest press conference, where he also mentions zenit wont stand in his way should he want to leave and a suitable bid comes in)
      Besides this we dont know much...IMO there are only 4-5 CFs available of azmouns level/calibre in europe right now (obviously this excludes players like kane, haaland, etc). These guys have similar price tags and are rumored to be on the move.

a. Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina. Scored 16 goals albeit like 8 pks but has a very old school 9 build but added speed in behind. He is young and lot of teams are high on him, but fiorentina with new coach/investment may want to build around him for another year.

b. Roman Yaremchuk from Gent. Had a decent Euros so far and another strong season even though gent struggled this year. Honestly he has a lot of similar characteristics to azmoun, similar build, fast but also very strong in the air. Think Sardar finishing is more reliable having seen Yaremchuk for 2 years now at gent while watching milad.

c. Patson Daka from Leipzig. You can take this kid off the list, think hes kind of overrated but scored a move to leicester where he will be behind Vardy and Iheanacho in pecking order to start.

d. Eduaord from Celtic. Massively overrated, Leicester had interest before going for daka. Most likely move for him seems to be West ham or midtable PL team, so this transfer probably wont affect azmoun suitors.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
        I agree.. With the exception of Azmoun, players that have gone there haven't done well. Reza Shekari went there and now he's an average player in IPL
        That’s mostly on Shekari himself

If he had the work ethic he would’ve at least been able to make something of himself in Russia. Now he’s just somebody with wasted potential

Comment

Originally posted by rizz View Post
          I am really surprised that there is obviously no serious offer for Azmoun. If he would join a team lets say in the Bundesliga (Leverkusen, Gladbach, Dortmund or so), I am pretty sure with the high quality players around him he would make 20 goals 5 assists easily. Arent the clubs willing to pay his price or what is the problem?! The last chance for Zenit making money out of Azmoun would be the winter transfer window.
          I hope that Sevilla and co are still going for him..
          None of these teams need/want to spend 20-30m euro on a striker this summer is the issue.

Leverkusen has Schick/Alario plus some youth talents

Gladbach has Plea, Thuram, Embolo, Stindl, and Wolf for those from 2-3 front spots

Dortmund has Haaland, Tigges, Moukouko, as well as Reus and Hazard who can play up top

Sevilla has Nesyiri and De Jong, one of which may be on the way out. I hope Sevilla works out just because their style is perfect for Azmoun

I don't think these Italian clubs like Milan, Lazio, etc would buy Azmoun, they are so broke all their deals are loans + options to buy which would require Azmoun to exten.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Rumors have it that Porto is interested in Azmoun for $25M
                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

^for now, I haven’t seen any solid sources for this. They seem to be just that: rumors

Comment

Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St. Petersburg | 2020-21

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    That would be a good move in many levels. Our TM duo will keep on playing alongside in a decent European club. Plus a love from Russia’s league to Portugal’s league is an upgrade IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                      lateral move, i’d rather him stay at zenit

Comment

It’s not really lateral since Porto is a much better clun than Zenit but it’s not the right move for Sardar. He needs a top league. No more time to waste in 2nd tier leagues

Also I don’t even think Porto can afford him

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceAli View Post
                          It’s not really lateral since Porto is a much better clun than Zenit but it’s not the right move for Sardar. He needs a top league. No more time to waste in 2nd tier leagues

Also I don’t even think Porto can afford him
                          if porto is his only actual offer, he should just wait until his contract expires next year

Comment

The rumors of teams interested by him aren't that exciting. At this point I would take the Roma offer

Comment

He is in Germany

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X