This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
    disappointing that one of the big talents of the country can't make it in Belgium...for me sort of reality check where our youth development is at (knowing that some here will jump on it but thats reality)

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
    I agree! I dont think everyone realise how different football outside Iran is.
    You can have a lot of talent but they expect so much more and your social life is not the same.

But at same time I think that Delfi still have a good chance, he is 19 years old. started well but god injured. If he goes back to Iran its a lost case, if he stay an d play 1 league lower he will make it.

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
      disappointing that one of the big talents of the country can't make it in Belgium...for me sort of reality check where our youth development is at (knowing that some here will jump on it but thats reality)
      Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
      every young player is different. This is something Charleroi head coach alluded to in interview this year.This isnt necessarily something specific to our country, although we have plenty of weaknesses in player development in other areas.

Some players take longer to develop than others. Some have harder time adapting to european culture. Some players could use extra year in iran to build their confidence. Many could look great at age 17-18, then have a really difficult time regaining that form as they transition to professional EU football, then rediscover it at 22. Some players may struggle with tactical demands of EU football initially. Serge Gnabry burst on scene with arsenal at age 18, played excellent for 1 season, then suddenly dissapeared. He couldnt get a game at arsenal, was loaned to west brom where he couldnt get a game, and was only the olympics at around age 21 where he rediscovered his form, went to smaller german team werder bremen and cemented that he was really back in shape. From there everybody his quick ascent from hoffenheim to bayern and now one of the best wing/Second strikers in the world at age 25. There are countless more examples.

Physically Delfi has great tools because for a winger he is tall, he is starting to fill out, he has speed, etc. Delfi similar to gnabry burst on scene with very impressive start at charleroi. He arrived from SS Khuzestan in January and not even 2 weeks later started crucial Jupiler League Playoff game for Europa League. He started something like 4 games if im not mistaken, even scoring and assisting brilliantly in one of them. He was also really unlucky with injuries last year which can be a very depressing situation for a young player that has never been injured in their life before...

But of all our young guys I have highest hopes for delfi. Simply because of his football IQ, physique, speed, technical abilities. He has everything to be a really top class european winger. If he has to go to Iran to regain his confidence and form for 1 season that is totally fine. Im not sure what team he will go to, but I think playing for nekounam and foolad in ACL can be interesting option for him. He will return to charleroi next year at age 20, hopefully a spot on the team is opened if gholi makes his big transfer after this season, and he can show himself again. Remember he signed 5 year contract.

Comment

LOL Club Brugge with 3 points after 3 games and Charleroi ties for first

Comment

Another game where they could have played till next year and not scored. The number 9 who came on was terrible , it’s a joke how they thought Kaveh wasn’t good enough for this side. I hope he never goes back to that club and I hope they have a shocking season and end up relegated.

Comment

Comment

Where is Delfi going ?

Comment

Delfi left Khuzestan. Flying to Tehran but might be a connecting flight to Europe, fingers crossed. Think he could do great in a lower level eredivisie side or in the Austrian league. Somewhere good for youth

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                  Delfi left Khuzestan. Flying to Tehran but might be a connecting flight to Europe, fingers crossed. Think he could do great in a lower level eredivisie side or in the Austrian league. Somewhere good for youth
                  Let’s not get too excited. Esteghlal is probably the destination.

Comment

Ali and Kaveh have built such telepathic understanding of each other’s movements and use of space that they must be a Must for Team Meli.
                    sigpic
                    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

who is his agent?
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Inja gofte mishe ke be tarze gharzi mire yek bashgaahe iraani.

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/football...50a677fbff7a8f
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAx6_ZGa38U

Comment

Match day tomorrow against Beiranvands Antwerp

Comment

Shame that Antwerp have played Gent and Charleroi early in the season, hopefully by the time of the return fixtures Beiro has cemented his place in the team.

Comment

Home game tomorrow Sunday against Antwerp at 18:15 CET.

Comment

Working...
                                X