True? Esteghlal and Perspolis transferbanned 3 windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True? Esteghlal and Perspolis transferbanned 3 windows

Sry if posted or unneccesary thread, if so delate it.
    Hope the news aint true..
    https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/450...fer-ban-report

Esteghlal, Persepolis handed transfer ban: report
    Sports
    July 15, 2020 - 19:45
    TEHRAN - Media have reported that two Iranian football teams, Esteghlal and Persepolis, have been banned by FIFA from signing players for the next three transfer windows.
    However, the two clubs' managers have denied the news and claimed that there is still time for the final verdict on their cases in FIFA to be announced.
    The two Tehran giants will probably face banning from signing any new players due to their failure to pay the wages of their former foreigner players and coaches.
    Bojan Najdenov, a Macedonian midfielder who signed a contract with Esteghlal in 2018 and played only four games for the Blues, had lodged a complaint against the club and won his lawsuit.
    Esteghlal asked FIFA to pay the Macedonian player’s wage by releasing a part of their blocked money in FIFA.
    FIFA agreed at first with the request of the club, but now it is said that no payment has been made, and consequently, the Iranian club are banned by the football world governing body.
    Regarding the Persepolis, it was the same, and they were supposed to pay the $23,000 to their ex-midfielder Fernando Gabriel and another $10,000 to the Reds' former assistant coach Serten Cuk, by their blocked FIFA money.
    The Reds club must also pay $1183000 to their former head coach Branko Ivankovic.
    Supporting Team Melli

Hope this doesn't derail Beiranvand's transfer and that talents like Ghaedi have release clauses so they can leave without clubs permission this summer. Positive is that they may actually play their talented young players

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
      Hope this doesn't derail Beiranvand's transfer and that talents like Ghaedi have release clauses so they can leave without clubs permission this summer. Positive is that they may actually play their talented young players
      beira transfer is done. He was replaced by Radoshevic so no need for external signing.

Comment

Strange if fifa cant pay with the sanction frozen/blocked money and then ban the clubs for failing to pay.. not that the clubs handeled it great and sings with frozen money but still.. i bet they counted on fifa to pay them later..
        what happened with politics shouldt affect sports..
        its a shame so many fifa slogans and for what when its all hypocracy..
        I believe the 2 latest world cup money for TM still not payed either?
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I doubt it. Because Infantino has helped IFF in the past by taking money from the frozen account and paying foreign coaches/players the sum they were owed by Iranian clubs/IFF. I'm hoping FIFA will help this time as well.

It would be quite unfair and stupid on FIFA's end to suspend the clubs. They see the reality that exists with sanctions on i.r. If there is money out there and they can help, one would think they would help.

Comment

Working...
          X