Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100%.

Comment

I say yes and voted yes, Azmoun and Taremi would tear it up.

Only problem is that I don't think our midfield can handle it. If we still had Nekounam that would be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
        Cheshmi has also played poorly for Iran. Rewatch the Turkey Iran friendly before the WC and you'll see how easy he is for forwards to get by
        yeah as a CB I don't like him much and don't trust him in that position. against morocco in the wc (which is a better team than turkey) he did quite well if we are being completely fair and is even more recent by a few weeks
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Given current form and TM form, would you rather have Gholizadeh start or JB?

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
            Given current form and TM form, would you rather have Gholizadeh start or JB?
            Both - I would start gholi at RM and JB at LM
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Our Azmoun-Taremi duo is something special, and with Azmoun working so well with his teammate in Russia, and the chemistry he has with Taremi as well, it would be a shame to not play both of them. We need to win the next matches anyways, no point in holding back
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                Our Azmoun-Taremi duo is something special, and with Azmoun working so well with his teammate in Russia, and the chemistry he has with Taremi as well, it would be a shame to not play both of them. We need to win the next matches anyways, no point in holding back
                when have we only played 1 of them when the other is fit and available? We always start with taremi coming from left into the center and combining with sardar, but in the defensive phase he tracks back and supports midfielders and full backs. He has the engine to do so very effectively.

No need to play 2 up front and sacrifice our team shape and defensive stability just because it looks cool on paper. Having taremi as LW like normal will essentially give us the same combinations and effect.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  No need to play 2 up front and sacrifice our team shape and defensive stability just because it looks cool on paper. Having taremi as LW like normal will essentially give us the same combinations and effect.
                  It’s not about what looks cool on paper I think it’s really just playing to the teams strengths. You and I both follow the clubs of our legionnaires and they’re almost all playing for clubs with a nice attacking mind set and as a result all shine (azmoun, taremi, gholizadeh, kaveh, Ghoddos, etc.)
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                    It’s not about what looks cool on paper I think it’s really just playing to the teams strengths. You and I both follow the clubs of our legionnaires and they’re almost all playing for clubs with a nice attacking mind set and as a result all shine (azmoun, taremi, gholizadeh, kaveh, Ghoddos, etc.)
                    because they are all attacking players with a decent base behind them. There is a reason CQ packed our team with guys like amiri, ebrahimi, even Karim etc. We need workhorses to cover ground to make up for our midfield, defense lack of technical ability and weak 1v1 defensive skills.

When our team plays open we are usually badly exposed. Look at tunisia, turkey, Japan matches. Our best performances ,even offensively, come when the defensive elements and team structure without the ball are solidified, and from there our we are able to play quick combinations to reach our attacking guys who as you say can trouble anybody.

Examples for this include Russia match, all 3 WC matches. Algeria match, South Korea matches from WCQ (especially in azadi where we dominated both offensively and defensively and scored a brilliant team goal). But simply sticking all the attacking guys on the pitch and saying have at it will not work because our defense and midfield is fragile! See Iraq and Bahrain games for more evidence on this.

We cannot afford to play two in the midfield with our current mids. If we had a nekou/ando partnership or a peak saeid I would say we could, but not in current state, especially not vs any half decent opposition. What is the use of sticking a bunch of attackers on the field if rezaeian, hajsafi, an out of shape ezatolahi, or even a technically average milad cannot build plays from the back? How will that work realistically. When there are turnovers, which their evidently will be, our defensive structure will be fucked. One good option is to bring in more technical guys when possible, like moharrami for rezaeian. But still, the fact remains we lack playmakers from deep and in general players that can retain possession well. For this reason the team needs to be prepared to defend well in transition and quickly collapse into a compact defensive shape and MAINTAIN that shape and concentration that comes with that for the duration of a long difficult match.

It is not only about playing to your strengths, that is one side of football, it is also about covering up your weaknesses. Playing with a 3 man midfield does that for TM, although like I said before I think one of those should be ghoddos/gholi and they should be very aware of their defensive responsibility, but can provide the creative spark to transition possessions to the taremi,azmoun, whoever is in the RW slot.

Overall I think CQ was on his way to opening team up offensively with inclusions of gholizadeh, moharrami and in general the type of play from the back we were adopting. This is really evident in the Venzuela, Uzbekistan friendlies prior to AC. During AC you can see this throughout group stages two, but we reverted to type vs Iraq, and vs Japan we kind of did something in between that failed. However, even these changes were all made on the back of a solid defensive structure without the ball, that covered the individual shortcomings of our personnel in the midfield and defense zones well. Failure to do this just to accomodate a front 2 with one less man in midfield when they can easily combine just as well in a 4-3-3 that maintains our defensive structure would be reckless and a high risk, low reward decision.

Comment

if taremi deliver in tm then yes 2 forwards

Comment

In the wise words of our dear friend The, it would be insane not to try it out. Timing is everything though and for the upcoming matches it might be a tad bit too early.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

I think 4-3-3 or 4-2-4 should serve us well in general. To be honest, I do not see us having a strong midfield (other than attacking midfielders) as we did in the past, so we are better off using our attack capabilities to our advantage since we have an abundance of players in that role who also play in Europe or abroad. This is will only increase our chances to have a competitive challenge for our attackers and defenders until we see a stronger midfield in place.

Comment

2 forwards for sure. And no question about which 2 should start (unless injured/suspended/etc.):

Taremi & Azmoun

What some don't know about these two is that they are best friends outside of the field and have grown/matured/improved together in the last 6 years. It can only get better.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                              2 forwards for sure. And no question about which 2 should start (unless injured/suspended/etc.):

Taremi & Azmoun

What some don't know about these two is that they are best friends outside of the field and have grown/matured/improved together in the last 6 years. It can only get better.
                              One can only hope Skocic gives Taremi and Azmoun a chance for the 2 forward formation, and have it happen more than once. This is something that needs sometime to get cemented, and with the do or die situation for TM to qualify, it will be a huge risk. Who knows, maybe Skocic will take the gamble.

Comment

I'd rather play 4-2-3-1 with Eza and Ebrahimi as our defensive midfielders, then with Ghoddos, Gholizadeh and Taremi also as more attacking midfielders who also have defensive duties.

A midfield with Eza, Ebrahimi, Ghoddos, Mehdi and Gholizadeh with Azmoun as striker is real quality and capable of getting us through to the next round.

Comment

Working...
                                X