Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PFDC Video Editors Thread

Dear friends,

In my teammelli91 videos thread, I briefly touched on how I want fellow video editors of PFDC to be more active in our community. I’m starting this thread because I believe we need a separate one for this purpose, because we haven’t had one before.

My intention for this thread are for everyone who edits football video, and or has a passion for video editing to come together so we can have a thread for just us. We can meet one another, share our experiences. Maybe help, support each other and etc.

When I started editing I was (and still am) lucky to have this amazing platform to share my videos on. I was able to connect with hundreds of young die hard Iranian football fans like myself, and be able to share the same passion with another. I received critiques, opinions, and advice from others. I shared my criticisms, my views on other editors videos. But we never had a thread JUST for us. Some of us remember PersianKing (Nariman e aziz). He was one of the first editors on PFDC. A pioneer and one who I consider a dear friend. In many ways I followed in his footsteps and learned from him. We also had a PFDC TV and I was honored to be a part of that crew. But due to inactivity, we stopped.

I bring this up because even though I haven’t been on here as much as I used to, I still see there’s less and less of us which makes me sad. I want there to be group just for us video editors. We can build a new group.

We can start by introducing ourselves, sharing our videos, supporting each other’s channels, giving each other pointers, maybe teaming up in some ways.

I also want for people who haven’t video edited but want to start, to feel welcome and to be supported. More experienced editors to be there for them and help them if they need it.

Believe me there are MANY talented folks on here! Please don’t be shy and speak up! We are all friends on here and we will have each others backs! I will make sure we are all supportive and friendly

Also, feel free and ask questions too. If you feel more comfortable sending a PM you can do that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
      Also, feel free and ask questions too. If you feel more comfortable sending a PM you can do that as well.
      I'm the same guy who recently commented on your argentina video. It really gives me vibes man, idk how to describe it..

https://www.aparat.com/v/qCGE6 << this is just a little something I made for TM. Also I'm an idiot to post it on aparat, but you know, aparat doesn't charge you for copyright ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
        I'm the same guy who recently commented on your argentina video. It really gives me vibes man, idk how to describe it..
        https://www.aparat.com/v/qCGE6 << this is just a little something I made for TM. Also I'm an idiot to post it on aparat, but you know, aparat doesn't charge you for copyright ^_^
        Eyval dadash! Thank you for posting under my video, and for sharing this! I love it! And you’re not an idiot, you’re smart for avoiding YouTube’s bs copyright laws.
        Last edited by teammelli91; 06-03-2020, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
          Galactika jan, you should post football videos on YouTube too! There are ways you can go around the copyrights. Not always but sometimes you can when you use clips from ESPN, Eurosports, etc. I can help you if you want. Although I’m struggling too a bit. But YouTube is the way to go.
          Last edited by teammelli91; 06-03-2020, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Khaste nabashi and good job on the hard work.

My biggest issue with alot of compilation videos is the music. I know its often done to hide the commentary for copyright issues, but alot of the time the music is too much or way too loud.
            Also, I don't like it when the source material is already a poor quality rip.

This is not a criticism of you by the way, just a general observation.

Keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Khaste nabashi and good job on the hard work.
              My biggest issue with alot of compilation videos is the music. I know its often done to hide the commentary for copyright issues, but alot of the time the music is too much or way too loud.
              Also, I don't like it when the source material is already a poor quality rip.
              This is not a criticism of you by the way, just a general observation.
              Keep it up.
              Sepas Nokhodi Jan,

I’m totally with you on the copyright for music. To avoid copyright of music I try to take from old/current Iranian trance/techno music. I’ve also started using music from No Copyright Sounds. They support Youtubers and some of their music is really good. There are other channels too but theirs is top notch imo.

Unfortunately the use of clips for me is the biggest issue. Because that’s what causes the problems. Like STAR India Private Limited filing a complaint which took down my Sardar Azmoun video. Zooming in on old clips lowers the quality even further but there’s so much we can do. What we can do is do more research, and go straight to the source for the clip we want to use. So instead of taking from another channel who has used that clip, find the original video. That’s what I do. Sometimes if that doesn’t work, recording your own computer screen for matches. That’s also an option.
              Last edited by teammelli91; 06-04-2020, 11:58 PM.

Comment

I've already made a couple edits, back of Hazard's time with chelsea

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                  Sepas Nokhodi Jan,
                  I’m totally with you on the copyright for music. To avoid copyright of music I try to take from old/current Iranian trance/techno music. I’ve also started using music from No Copyright Sounds. They support Youtubers and some of their music is really good. There are other channels too but theirs is top notch imo.
                  Unfortunately the use of clips for me is the biggest issue. Because that’s what causes the problems. Like STAR India Private Limited filing a complaint which took down my Sardar Azmoun video. Zooming in on old clips lowers the quality even further but there’s so much we can do. What we can do is do more research, and go straight to the source for the clip we want to use. So instead of taking from another channel who has used that clip, find the original video. That’s what I do. Sometimes if that doesn’t work, recording your own computer screen for matches. That’s also an option.
                  I really prefer music like this, especially for player comps

it makes the videos really enjoyable and easy to watch, and allwos you to really focus on the player.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                    I've already made a couple edits, back of Hazard's time with chelsea
                    Nice dude! Share it here so we can see. Or send it to me via PM, I'd love to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                      I really prefer music like this, especially for player comps

it makes the videos really enjoyable and easy to watch, and allwos you to really focus on the player.
                      I agree with you on this music for player highlights. The rhythm matching the player helps a lot with giving the video more energy and enjoyable like you said.

Comment

Hey guys,

Check out RK Comps channel on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLo...dRflXCkQT_apPw

Here's a video he did on Sardar Azmoun!

He's Iranian and he started uploading videos about a month ago and he's trying to grow his channel. I asked him to join us on PFDC

If you guys are editing please share who you are, your channel and videos in this thread. It'll be awesome to have even a group of 4-5 people who are video editing.

We can start a small community, share our ideas, collaborate, support and help each other out and etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X