Promotion from youth TMs to TM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion from youth TMs to TM

Hybrid View

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,864 Times in 6,225 Posts

Promotion from youth TMs to TM

2017 was a good year for us in terms of youth. Both our U20 and U17 teams qualified for the World Cup. While the U20s were eliminated by a single point in their group, the U17s made it to the quarterfinals. It seems like only 4 players (Sayyadmanesh, Delfi, Shekari, Noorafkan) from the combined roster of 42 have made it to TM. Furthermore very few of them seem to have even gotten any playing time with a club (assuming they even have one as some of them have been unattached for the past 2 years). What is happening to our younger players trying to make the jump to the next stage? Even if not making it to TM, why are they not progressing at a club level?
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 793 Posts
    good thread, do we have any good youth system in Iran that connects with our pro level?
    Is it because of economic problems (kids have to work to help their families)?
    Is it cultural (at a certain age, parents demand focus on school which causes these kids to quit their football ambitions)?
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I think our expectations are not realistic when it comes to youth players. We have had this discussion before and compared the squads of teams participating in the U17 world cup where we beat the Netherlands. Only a handful players of the top teams have been successful so far.

Same comparison can be made now. If you look at Spain's squad that beat us 3-1 in the 2017 world cup. Only 1 player is a fixed player for a top team (Ferran Torres). Four other players are under contract with top teams but only 1 of them has been playing more than 5 games for his club.
    We thank and support Mr. Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShirFarhad For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,014 Times in 4,862 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShirFarhad View Post
    I think our expectations are not realistic when it comes to youth players. We have had this discussion before and compared the squads of teams participating in the U17 world cup where we beat the Netherlands. Only a handful players of the top teams have been successful so far.
    Same comparison can be made now. If you look at Spain's squad that beat us 3-1 in the 2017 world cup. Only 1 player is a fixed player for a top team (Ferran Torres). Four other players are under contract with top teams but only 1 of them has been playing more than 5 games for his club.
    agreed. It is too early to draw conclusions about the sayyadmanesh class that got to QF. They are still just babies. But in general it is a reality in our football. 90 and adel did a segment on it a few years back.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    good thread.

IF we look at another great generation, u17 team that also made it to RO16 in UAE 2013, we see probably our most successful generation (in terms of guys who made it).

Majid hosseini, Saeid ezatolahi, sadegh moharrami, ali gholizadeh, iman salimi have all became TM regulars or in TM picture (salimi is close imo).

Amirhossein karimi, moslem mojadami,hossein mehraban, Reza Jafari, and GK amini have all become PGPL regulars.

6-7 guys play in azadegan.

2 guys dont play football, including the RB mostafa hashemi who scored goal of the tournament in draw vs argentina.

This is a very healthy progression overall. But as you say KC, not the norm.

Many reasons, primarily I would highlight sarbazi, where players at the ages of 18-21, right as they are getting "pokhte" in footballing terms, crucial development years, are forced to quit football for 2 years. Their counterparts in europe are receiving the keys to their football futures in these years, in senior team trainings, senior match football, intro to professional lifestyle, not to mention their development has been much more calculated since a young age.

so many talents are lost due to sarbazi and its after effects on a young players development.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inarsenewetrust For This Useful Post:

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Even if we accept the economic reasons or cultural factors, then where are the actual players in our club teams coming from? After all, they were once under 20 and 17 as well.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Even if we accept the economic reasons or cultural factors, then where are the actual players in our club teams coming from? After all, they were once under 20 and 17 as well.
    many players arent spotted, develop suddenly, etc. Taremi, ebrahimi, amiri are all great examples of players who didnt play with TM at any age group, and went on to become important players. Again sarbazi ties in here as these guys totally dropped football while completing theirs.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,569 Times in 6,862 Posts
    This is pretty normal. Not every player is going to make it. I guess the comparison I would make is not every NCAA player is going to make the NBA.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    This is pretty normal. Not every player is going to make it. I guess the comparison I would make is not every NCAA player is going to make the NBA.
    True but what about the other way around? Is every (or at least most) NBA players former NCAA players?

Power Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    True but what about the other way around? Is every (or at least most) NBA players former NCAA players?
    Almost all the time, unless they come from g-league or overseas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 54

You do not have permission to view the list of names.