Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
    Ebrahimi is an outstanding player by Asian standards, and will remain so for the next 2-3 years, he is very experienced which is something we need and he will be the leader in our midfield. Nekounam was also 34 years during world cup 2014. Which is the same age Ebrahimi will be for the world cup in 2022. Hajsafi is good at CDM which he has proven many times especially at the world cup of 2014, his true position is in midfield and not as a left back. Ezatollahi only needs to become fit again and he is one of the best CDM's in Asia, and Nourollahi is a very talented and good player by Asian standards with alot of potential and he is also experienced. If you can count, that is 4 quality players for two CDM positions. You're being unnecessary negative on our players and you come with baseless arguments for something that is not the issue right now. The problem we have is that we hired a completely incompetent coach in Wilmots who made a big mess, and now we are in need of a good coach who can get us out of this mess, it's that simple. We need a good preparation as well, without it even Pep Guardiola can't do much for us.

Carlos Quieroz proved what a good coach can do for our football. Wilmots proved the damage a bad coach can cause to our football and national team.
    The last time anyone here called me for being negative was during the last AC games when I was typing my head off that we needed to sign a new contract with CQ ASAP or else he's gone.

Ebrahimi is a good player and he had a great WC (way above expectations) but I don't know why you even mention his name in the same sentence as Nekounam's. He can not even wipe Nekounam's shoes. During his whole career, only CQ could give him the "super power" he got during the WC. He may still be very good and useful under the new coach but he's not a safe bet to rely on at this age. Yes, Ezattollahi needs to get fit and in form again... he's not there yet. and he's the only player we have who could replace a player like Nekounam in that sense. Nourollahi and the rest are just good players. They're nothing special.

You can not go around waiting for a coach like CQ to come around and make super humans out of our average players. If we want to be on the safe side, it is important for Skocic (who's not yet proven as TM head coach) to start looking around for new young talents who could get experienced and hopefully progress into becoming "Nekounam-like" players.

Ps. Haji Safi's real position is LAM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
      Ebrahimi is an outstanding player by Asian standards, and will remain so for the next 2-3 years, he is very experienced which is something we need and he will be the leader in our midfield. Nekounam was also 34 years during world cup 2014. Which is the same age Ebrahimi will be for the world cup in 2022. Hajsafi is good at CDM which he has proven many times especially at the world cup of 2014, his true position is in midfield and not as a left back. .
      Ebrahimi is a skirmisher though and Nekounams greatest trait was reading passing lanes. I see Ebrahimi more like Teimourian was where he did fall off because he lost some speed and therefore his ability to fight for the ball.

Hajsafi can play CDM as seen under CQ but he needs someone like Ezatolahi next to him or its no good.

Comment

I think this football closure has been good for the National team in the aspect that it has given the new manager and his team some time to look at players , I know it is by video but he can still so analysis and has time to do this.
        Also it has given more time between his announcement and his first match will should take some of the limelight off him when the qualifiers come back.

Comment

Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

With another period of “salaam & Salevat” we would probably, almost certainly and kind of for sure make it. The Iranian style.
          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
            With another period of “salaam & Salevat” we would probably, almost certainly and kind of for sure make it. The Iranian style.
            Energy salavat azad bayad gardad!

I miss those threads so much..

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              The last time anyone here called me for being negative was during the last AC games when I was typing my head off that we needed to sign a new contract with CQ ASAP or else he's gone.
              Ebrahimi is a good player and he had a great WC (way above expectations) but I don't know why you even mention his name in the same sentence as Nekounam's. He can not even wipe Nekounam's shoes. During his whole career, only CQ could give him the "super power" he got during the WC. He may still be very good and useful under the new coach but he's not a safe bet to rely on at this age. Yes, Ezattollahi needs to get fit and in form again... he's not there yet. and he's the only player we have who could replace a player like Nekounam in that sense. Nourollahi and the rest are just good players. They're nothing special.
              You can not go around waiting for a coach like CQ to come around and make super humans out of our average players. If we want to be on the safe side, it is important for Skocic (who's not yet proven as TM head coach) to start looking around for new young talents who could get experienced and hopefully progress into becoming "Nekounam-like" players.
              Ps. Haji Safi's real position is LAM.
              Ebrahimi can't even shine Nekounam's shoes? Come on now, you make it seem as if Nekounam was Pirlo and Ebrahimi is Tahami. Ebrahimi and Nekounam are different type of players with different qualities, both are outstanding players in Asia. And by Asian standards non of the TM players are average seeing how we belong to the best four football nations in Asia, talentwise.

Average players by Asian standards is what you can find in the Chinese national team or the Syrian national team. Below average would be Pakistan and Indonesia. Don't forget that are competing in Asia and to call TM players average by Asian standards is ridicolous and very wrong.

Hajsafi is pretty much useless going forward, he is however strong in his positioning play and reading the game and making short passes, he is not the type who dribbles and opens up space and gives assists so how can his real position be LAM? Why are you making things up to support your argument? Hajsafi is the type of midfielder who puts pressure on the opponents and runs tirelessly, his best position is as CDM and not LAM or left back though can he play there ofcourse.

Like i mentioned before we have four good CDM players in TM by Asian standars and hopefully good talent coming up, Wilmots is to blame for our current situation, just read Azmoun's interview regarding Wilmots clueless and horrible coaching, the man had zero knowledge regarding Iranian football, the coach of Mes Kerman or Sanat Naft would even have done a much better job. Any half decent coach should be able to lead TM to the sorld cup. So your arguments regarding Iranian players being weak in the CDM positions are false. Ebrahimi, Ezatolahi, Hajsafi and Nourollahi are all good players by Asian standards, the same goes for every other position were we have at least two quality players (again by Asian standards).

Comment

Key is Bahrain game. If the boys win that one, they will play with more calm against Iraq. Anyone know if there will be a problem getting azadi full for the last 2 games?

I’m thinking with women attending? (Which i’m very happy about) Will they keep azadi half-empty just so the ”distance” is kept between men and women? We need a full Azadi for these two games!
                Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                  Key is Bahrain game. If the boys win that one, they will play with more calm against Iraq. Anyone know if there will be a problem getting azadi full for the last 2 games?

I’m thinking with women attending? (Which i’m very happy about) Will they keep azadi half-empty just so the ”distance” is kept between men and women? We need a full Azadi for these two games!
                  You have to throw Corona on top of that.

I don't see full stadiums being allowed even as late as November especially if there is a 2nd wave

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                    You have to throw Corona on top of that.
                    I don't see full stadiums being allowed even as late as November especially if there is a 2nd wave
                    Yes you’re right. And it’s the perfect excuse for them to use, even if full stadiums would be allowed by then.

It is a shame really if we can’t have our fans for these two do or die games. They are really intimidating for opponents and a huge boost for us.
                    Esteghlal 💙💙

Comment

Originally posted by peiman92 View Post
                      Yes you’re right. And it’s the perfect excuse for them to use, even if full stadiums would be allowed by then.

It is a shame really if we can’t have our fans for these two do or die games. They are really intimidating for opponents and a huge boost for us.
                      They can do it.

They have much harder games to play next round and its time our boys show what they are made of. I think Skocic can fix and avoid Wilmots errors

Comment

Forgive me ive really been out of the loop the past yr due to everything happening in the world but is it the case that even if we win all of our remaining games it wont be enough ? We need to get help along the way ?
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                          Forgive me ive really been out of the loop the past yr due to everything happening in the world but is it the case that even if we win all of our remaining games it wont be enough ? We need to get help along the way ?
                          Just curious if we won the remaining games why wouldn't it be enough?
                          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic
                          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                            We have 4 games left and if we win all of them, we will finish 1st for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by maziar View Post
                              We have 4 games left and if we win all of them, we will finish 1st for sure.
                              Ok good to know.
                              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

4 Wins and we are 100 procent through. But less could be enough. I have looked at all the other groups, and we will probably be among the Best second place teams, if we win 3 games and draw 1.

Basically we have to beat Hong Kong and Cambodia. Thats the first step
                                Then we meat Bahrain. Is we lose that one, we are out. If we win, we are garanteed atleast second spot. At that time, we Can look at the other groups, and see how many points we need against Iraq. I Think one point should be enough, but in some cases we Can lose, and still go through. But it depends on other results in the other groups.

If we only draw with Bahrain, then we have to beat Iraq. And since Iraq probably Will beat Hong Kong and Cambodia before their match against us, they Will already be through to the next round. So they have nothing to play for.

So all in all, its possible for us to qualify. We “just” need 4 points against Iraq and Bahrain, which should be possible. And if we cant get that, do we even deserve to qualify? I cant wait

Comment

Working...
                                X