Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
    If Iran wants to be in Qatar 2022, then it must play professionally.
    You don't say?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      We have a huge problem in the CDM role. I mean even if you exclude Haji Safi and Ebrahimi, all we have left is Ezzatollahi. Ali Karimi is overrated and I don't know how Cheshmi is doing these days. but frankly those are all the players we have who are internationally experienced. Unless Skocic discovers a young talent who can really step up, We're gonna have problems against Iraq (specially) and Bahrain. Having said that, the home advantage usually makes all our players to step up so I am quite optimistic for this round's games. but to for the next round, he really needs to do something about our midfield.

Shojaei definitely needs to quit. New fresh blood needs to be injected in TM to train with the rest of the players even if they don't get playing time. Allahyar Sayyadmanesh (despite his recent lack of form) can be an option. It may mentally do him good and help him to get back in form.
      No we don't, Ebrahimi, Ezatolahi, Nourolahi and Hajsafi are more than decent by Asian standards. What we need is a good coach and friendly matches/good preparation for the qualifiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
        No we don't, Ebrahimi, Ezatolahi, Nourolahi and Hajsafi are more than decent by Asian standards. What we need is a good coach and friendly matches/good preparation for the qualifiers.
        How about CAM? Do not we have a huge problem in the CAM role?

Comment

Originally posted by M.U.F.C View Post
          yeah if we play shojaei we are playing with 10 men. If we play ghoddos or gholizadeh we have a more than adequate CAM. Really ghoddos should be one of first names on the team sheet. If we need to mix it up for whatever reason gholizadeh has played CAM excellently this season, see away vs Club brugge where he put in a ton of defensive work too.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            yeah if we play shojaei we are playing with 10 men. If we play ghoddos or gholizadeh we have a more than adequate CAM. Really ghoddos should be one of first names on the team sheet. If we need to mix it up for whatever reason gholizadeh has played CAM excellently this season, see away vs Club brugge where he put in a ton of defensive work too.
            Masoud Shojaei should have been retired long time ago.

Comment

I do not like/trust Beiranvand as number one anymore. Shojaei, Rezaeian, and Ansarifard should be dropped from the squad.

Comment

What do you think? When we have Gholizadeh, Ghoddos and Torabi (who is much better suited as a cam than winger) for this position, how many Asian national football teams can claim they have this talent level for any position, starting from the goalkeepers to the defenders, midfielders and forwards. Only one or two national teams at best. No sir, we have the talent, but we need a good coaching staff coupled with a good preparation.

Comment

What do you think? When we have Gholizadeh, Ghoddos and Torabi (who is much better suited as a cam than winger) for this position, how many Asian national football teams can claim they have this talent level for any position, starting from the goalkeepers to the defenders, midfielders and forwards. Only one or two national teams at best. No sir, we have the talent, but we need a good coaching staff coupled with a good preparation.
                  What do you think about changung the formation to 3-5-2? I feel 3-5-2 may work better for us.

Comment

None of those players are CM. We are really missing someone like Karim Bagheri in the CM.

Comment

None of those players are CM. We are really missing someone like Karim Bagheri in the CM.
                      you said CAM in your original post, not CM. While we are missing somebody in the mould you mention ebrahimi was excellent in belgium this year, nourollahi has been very bright for TM in past two matches despite hard circumstances, saeid is finally returning to fitness, hajsafi can also play CM. That should be enough in my opinion, although it is not ideal, as a result of saeid not progressing as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        you said CAM in your original post, not CM. While we are missing somebody in the mould you mention ebrahimi was excellent in belgium this year, nourollahi has been very bright for TM in past two matches despite hard circumstances, saeid is finally returning to fitness, hajsafi can also play CM. That should be enough in my opinion, although it is not ideal, as a result of saeid not progressing as expected.
                        Ebrahimi who may return to QSL soon is getting old. Ezatollahi is not progressing as I expect. Hajsafi is not impressive to me. So far he added nothing to the team. Nourollahi is just ok. None of those players are at the level of Bagheri, Nekounam, Teymourian, etc.

Comment

¨
                          Good coach and good preparation is a necessity but Ebrahimi is 32 years old and he's not getting any younger (for the WC he'd be 34 or almost 35), Ezatollahi's form is questionable at the moment, Nourollahi lacks the international experience (relatively). Haji Safi is our only reliable player in that position which is not even his true position. Compared to our other positions where we have at least 1-2 players in Europe and 1-2 players in Iran with high international experience, I'd say we lack depth in our CDM. I mean even if Ezatollahi and Haji Safi are fine together, it's enough if one of them gets injured. That is why it is important for Skocic to start thinking about that already now.

Comment

Hajsafi is not impressive to me. So far he added nothing to the team.
                            While I agree with you that we need to start thinking about our CDM, I think that is quite harsh to say. The last time the guy added something to TM was as recent as in the WC where he was behind our only win.

It's not easy to be used in positions that are not your true positions. The guy has probably been the biggest utility player in TM's history.

Comment

One game at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                ¨
                                Good coach and good preparation is a necessity but Ebrahimi is 32 years old and he's not getting any younger (for the WC he'd be 34 or almost 35), Ezatollahi's form is questionable at the moment, Nourollahi lacks the international experience (relatively). Haji Safi is our only reliable player in that position which is not even his true position. Compared to our other positions where we have at least 1-2 players in Europe and 1-2 players in Iran with high international experience, I'd say we lack depth in our CDM. I mean even if Ezatollahi and Haji Safi are fine together, it's enough if one of them gets injured. That is why it is important for Skocic to start thinking about that already now.
                                Ebrahimi is an outstanding player by Asian standards, and will remain so for the next 2-3 years, he is very experienced which is something we need and he will be the leader in our midfield. Nekounam was also 34 years during world cup 2014. Which is the same age Ebrahimi will be for the world cup in 2022. Hajsafi is good at CDM which he has proven many times especially at the world cup of 2014, his true position is in midfield and not as a left back. Ezatollahi only needs to become fit again and he is one of the best CDM's in Asia, and Nourollahi is a very talented and good player by Asian standards with alot of potential and he is also experienced. If you can count, that is 4 quality players for two CDM positions. You're being unnecessary negative on our players and you come with baseless arguments for something that is not the issue right now. The problem we have is that we hired a completely incompetent coach in Wilmots who made a big mess, and now we are in need of a good coach who can get us out of this mess, it's that simple. We need a good preparation as well, without it even Pep Guardiola can't do much for us.

Carlos Quieroz proved what a good coach can do for our football. Wilmots proved the damage a bad coach can cause to our football and national team.

Comment

Working...
                                X