Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ? - Page 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,655 Times in 2,603 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    If Skocic can do the "mission impossible" and make us qualify to the WC, all the CQ nostalgia will all be forgotten.

At least until the WC.
    It'll be a new chapter for Iranian football it should. There are some things that CQ introduced into our football that should always be kept like how some other coaches did.

Improved physical training and the disposal of all hashieh inducing players for instance. If only he's send a book with all his defensive strategies also.

Right now nostalgia for CQ is because our IFF and Tarbiat Badani got us into this position with short sighted moves for bad coaches and for making things with CQ and our players so nasty.

Everyone has to move on eventually

2. The Following User Says Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

Sly

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    It'll be a new chapter for Iranian football it should. There are some things that CQ introduced into our football that should always be kept like how some other coaches did.
    Improved physical training and the disposal of all hashieh inducing players for instance. If only he's send a book with all his defensive strategies also.
    Right now nostalgia for CQ is because our IFF and Tarbiat Badani got us into this position with short sighted moves for bad coaches and for making things with CQ and our players so nasty.
    Not to talk about destroying bazikon salary, standing up against everyone from Iran's football mafia to the government and a lot more....

As for his defensive strategies, he didn't need to send a book. I'm sure all the players know them by heart after training under him for years. Not the least Markar Aghajanian whom I have lots of hope for.

Skocic has really got nothing to lose. If he can make us qualify to the WC, it'll be the turning point of his career and as a coach with no name, he will suddenly become known in the world over night. and he knows it too.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Not to talk about destroying bazikon salary, standing up against everyone from Iran's football mafia to the government and a lot more....
    As for his defensive strategies, he didn't need to send a book. I'm sure all the players know them by heart after training under him for years. Not the least Markar Aghajanian whom I have lots of hope for.
    Skocic has really got nothing to lose. If he can make us qualify to the WC, it'll be the turning point of his career and as a coach with no name, he will suddenly become known in the world over night. and he knows it too.
    Yeah our players that were old enough do...but 10 years from now they will be retiring/already retired.

Don't forget CQ wrote the Q Report which helped the US set up a process for recruiting youth in the early 2000s. Too much of an effort was made by his opponents to erase his legacy.

Skocic is making the right steps to raise morale right now. Hopefully he shows an equal amount of intensity when we need it the most so we get back on track.

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I prepare myself for NO, or i already prepared myself for NO so i can only be happy if we make it.
    Vive la résistance

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,590 Times in 6,867 Posts
    I'm in my thirties and am sick of this question (no offense to OP).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Like always, we are dependent on a good coach to guide us to the world cup. Without a good coach who is able to create a formula that will bring us the winning results, we will not qualify. Time has shown that TM will not qualify for the world cup based only on good players by Asian standards. The formula of bad coaches and good players does not work for us as history has shown.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sepehr9 For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks

That is definitely part of the reason. Even if Carlos queiroz was just an ok coach at best for us, the nostalgia would still exist because our situation is now worse.

However, the biggest reason for this nostalgia is the fact that he did an incredible job with us, much better than anyone else before him.

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sam20 View Post
    That is definitely part of the reason. Even if Carlos queiroz was just an ok coach at best for us, the nostalgia would still exist because our situation is now worse.
    However, the biggest reason for this nostalgia is the fact that he did an incredible job with us, much better than anyone else before him.
    He always seemed to have a plan going into a game which is something we severely lacked vs Bahrain and Iraq.
    Skocic hopefully can reunite our players into a unit.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,482 Posts
    Yeah our players that were old enough do...but 10 years from now they will be retiring/already retired.

Don't forget CQ wrote the Q Report which helped the US set up a process for recruiting youth in the early 2000s. Too much of an effort was made by his opponents to erase his legacy.

Skocic is making the right steps to raise morale right now. Hopefully he shows an equal amount of intensity when we need it the most so we get back on track.
    Well Skocic is very lucky to have a break in the Corona virus time. As you say he's already taken steps to talk to the players and raise their morals. I hope he uses the rest of this time to analyze both TM and our opponents. If I was him, I would have sat down and watched all our opponents' last 30 games during these Corona times and taken notes. I would have gotten to know everything about them, from their players down to the names of their abdarchis, cheerleaders, their families, relatives, dogs, etc. lol

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Well Skocic is very lucky to have a break in the Corona virus time. As you say he's already taken steps to talk to the players and raise their morals. I hope he uses the rest of this time to analyze both TM and our opponents. If I was him, I would have sat down and watched all our opponents' last 30 games during these Corona times and taken notes. I would have gotten to know everything about them, from their players down to the names of their abdarchis, cheerleaders, their families, relatives, dogs, etc. lol
    LOL.

That definitely sounds CQ like.

Admittedly I do not follow PGL as closely as others but I believe Skocic will overload Hong Kong and Cambodia like any sensible coach would at this stage.

Then he'll work on an attacking strategy to create chances while giving adequate defensive cover.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to perspolis#1 For This Useful Post:

Sly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 127

You do not have permission to view the list of names.