Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

I’m having serious doubts that we will make it.

- long corona virus break, fitness level of our players has always been a problem and now we have had out players sitting on their asses for such a long time only having cholo kababs and doogh
    - inexperienced no-name coach, who is this guy?
    - chaotic preperation, no friendly games, no camps, who is in charge at IFF right now?
    - historically we have had proplems with Arab teams, specially IRAQ we’ve never beaten them comfortably
    - we have literally no leader in our team, we had charismatic leaders like Nekounam, Dejagah before now there’s noone who can take that place, who is even our captain?

Just some points speaking against us, I am sure there is a lot more.

The better question is will there even be a World Cup in 2 years.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

1. It is still to early to talk about those things. The focus should always be the next game.
      2. As KC McElroy said the better question is will there even be a World Cup next year.

Comment

I don’t see why not.

We have better legionnaires, league, and football than our competition does, so why should we not make it?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          I don’t see why not.
          We have better legionnaires, league, and football than our competition does, so why should we not make it?
          this is the mentality that put us in this place to begin with. I know it is tempting looking at our squad, but reality is football is not played on paper.

Since departure of CQ who hammered this into the brains of the players, and even sometimes would pick seemingly inferior players to carry out specific tasks on the pitch, we can see a level of entitlement (not complacency imo) in TM.

Iranian media exacerbates this. See Japan match. "We havent won the asian cup in 40+ years, we HAVE to win now, "football e asia be ma ye jam bedehkare" that misaghi promo on 90, etc.

Nobody has a right to win a football match bc they have better players, their players are in cool european leagues, their players played at WC, etc. This may be true in some levels of club football, but in international football the arab players in particular are going out their to kill our guys and show that they are just a bunch of overrated stars. This is the exact mentality our guys have when they take on portugal, spain, morocco, argentina and why they performed so admirably. As long as the opposition has a competent coach with good motivational skills they are able to flip the equation on us (see iraq and bahrain)

IF we want to get through, then there must be a mentality reset by skokic. Yes we have best players, playing in best leagues, with most experience. We can use that to our advantage, but must also see its limitations. We still have to fight for every inch on the pitch, and start games as high intensity. If our players are at such a higher level than opposition, they should be able to keep the ball vs bahrain and iraq for more than 3 passes in a row. They typically cannot do this, so then they must be prepared to scrap for every inch and not get frustrated by that style of play or think they are above it. CQ got the team to accept this reality very well.

Comment

“Its hard to predict, but its even hard not to predict” - Adesor Vafaseya
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

If Skocic can do the "mission impossible" and make us qualify to the WC, all the CQ nostalgia will all be forgotten.

At least until the WC.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                The better question is will there even be a World Cup next year.
                Next year? In 2021? Certainly not.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyeKingu View Post
                  DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by SkyeKingu View Post
                    My bad. I edited it.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                      If Skocic can do the "mission impossible" and make us qualify to the WC, all the CQ nostalgia will all be forgotten.

At least until the WC.
                      It'll be a new chapter for Iranian football it should. There are some things that CQ introduced into our football that should always be kept like how some other coaches did.

Improved physical training and the disposal of all hashieh inducing players for instance. If only he's send a book with all his defensive strategies also.

Right now nostalgia for CQ is because our IFF and Tarbiat Badani got us into this position with short sighted moves for bad coaches and for making things with CQ and our players so nasty.

Everyone has to move on eventually

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        It'll be a new chapter for Iranian football it should. There are some things that CQ introduced into our football that should always be kept like how some other coaches did.
                        Improved physical training and the disposal of all hashieh inducing players for instance. If only he's send a book with all his defensive strategies also.
                        Right now nostalgia for CQ is because our IFF and Tarbiat Badani got us into this position with short sighted moves for bad coaches and for making things with CQ and our players so nasty.
                        Everyone has to move on eventually
                        Not to talk about destroying bazikon salary, standing up against everyone from Iran's football mafia to the government and a lot more....

As for his defensive strategies, he didn't need to send a book. I'm sure all the players know them by heart after training under him for years. Not the least Markar Aghajanian whom I have lots of hope for.

Skocic has really got nothing to lose. If he can make us qualify to the WC, it'll be the turning point of his career and as a coach with no name, he will suddenly become known in the world over night. and he knows it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                          Not to talk about destroying bazikon salary, standing up against everyone from Iran's football mafia to the government and a lot more....
                          As for his defensive strategies, he didn't need to send a book. I'm sure all the players know them by heart after training under him for years. Not the least Markar Aghajanian whom I have lots of hope for.
                          Skocic has really got nothing to lose. If he can make us qualify to the WC, it'll be the turning point of his career and as a coach with no name, he will suddenly become known in the world over night. and he knows it too.
                          Yeah our players that were old enough do...but 10 years from now they will be retiring/already retired.

Don't forget CQ wrote the Q Report which helped the US set up a process for recruiting youth in the early 2000s. Too much of an effort was made by his opponents to erase his legacy.

Skocic is making the right steps to raise morale right now. Hopefully he shows an equal amount of intensity when we need it the most so we get back on track.

Comment

I prepare myself for NO, or i already prepared myself for NO so i can only be happy if we make it.

Comment

I'm in my thirties and am sick of this question (no offense to OP).

Comment

Working...
                              X