Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will make it to the World Cup 2022 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I dread that we will stumble @ the last hurdle/last game ..!
    We just don’t fair well in stressful & must win games/situations ..!
    Hopefully we do well enough to qualify still as one of best 3rd place finishers into next round though ..!?

Comment

Well that is true. But dont forget the qualifiers for 2014. We had to win our last 3 games and we did. The last one in Korea. So dont loose hope. 4 points against Bahrain and Iraq is not impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
        Well that is true. But dont forget the qualifiers for 2014. We had to win our last 3 games and we did. The last one in Korea. So dont loose hope. 4 points against Bahrain and Iraq is not impossible
        And let's not forget that we almost got eliminated in the first round of 2006 WCQ by Jordan and Qatar

Comment

I have fate

I know we will win all remaining games.

No questions what so ever.

As matter of a fact, all opponents will ware yellow shorts for their games, to hide the stain from them peeing in their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            And let's not forget that we almost got eliminated in the first round of 2006 WCQ by Jordan and Qatar
            But we didnt, which proves the point, that we dont neccesarily crumble under pressure. Especially against teams weaker than us, which Bahrain and Iraq with all due respect is. If we were playing against teams better than us, i Wouldnt have had hope, because we rarely ever pull an upset. But against Those two teams, it isnt impossible. We came back from the dead in 2006 and 2014. We Can do it again

Comment

Shhh let’s not mention that we were eliminated in 2010 quals because we were embarrassed by Saudi Arabia in Tehran and couldn’t score against North Korea. 5 moft points down the drain...

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                Shhh let’s not mention that we were eliminated in 2010 quals because we were embarrassed by Saudi Arabia in Tehran and couldn’t score against North Korea. 5 moft points down the drain...
                Typical negative Nancy comment.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                  I think its also worth mentioning that the 2010 side had maybe 2 Legionaries who were bench warming in bottom table team in Europe.

Our current TM can play a full 11 man legionnaire side. 3 players who have been top scorers in their respective leagues, 4-5 players that play in CL and Europa leagues.

Comparing 2010 TM to 2021 TM is apples to oranges.
                  #WilmotsOUT

Comment

The only thing that can stop TM from qualifying are our players' psychology and loss of focus...and AFC referee shenanigans. We need to be cool and calm because we know it's coming. Keep it professional and technical. Overwhelm the opposition with skill and goals. No ref can rescue them from that.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      The only thing that can stop TM from qualifying are our players' psychology and loss of focus...and AFC referee shenanigans. We need to be cool and calm because we know it's coming. Keep it professional and technical. Overwhelm the opposition with skill and goals. No ref can rescue them from that.
                      I agree, the only challenge for us qualifying is our own players mental battles. We saw it versus Japan in the Asia cup, versus how well we played in the World Cup when we were calm. We have the quality, I just hope our coach can help the players remain calm.
                      --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                      --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                      ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                      --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                      ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        Well the only way we can circumvent those issues is going it the Carlito’s Way ..! Meaning extremely Detailed Planning Well ahead of each each & every game & Proper Preparations well ahead of the matches ..!
                        This typical Iranian approach of winging it, “hala Berim Binim Che Mishe” general attitude & underestimating weaker opponents is what most often gets us in hot water & puts us in high stress situations as such we are @ currently anyhow & it’s only gonna get worse with every passing match ..!

Comment

If we get the lineups wrong and don’t prepare well for it I will be concerned. Iraq and Bahrain are never easy and both have been in good form but......

On the flip side, the good news about this huge break is that it kind of resets the momentum and allows us to have a second chance. Every game needs to be treated like a final and we need our 11 best....no questions asked. Ezi and Saman in the MF are going to be the keys to success and we need the back line to step it up too....no more holes and lapse in concentration.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

We have so many great players and at least on paper they are better overall than all the upcoming four teams

(no disrespect, but it's just a fact, just going by market value and rating of teams they play in).

So it comes down to not mess up the lineups and keep the nerves cool.

As for the latter, I'm not worried, because most of the most likely starting TM players also very emotionally balanced and mature (just keep a close watch on Azmoun).

I'd be very surprised and disappointed if TM will not play in the 2022 world cup.

Comment

I believe we will make it. But if we do, I believe it will happen because we had our European based players in top form. I don't see this Team Melli giving up points against relatively weaker Asian teams. But looking back in time hypothetically, if Ali Daei or Afshin Ghotbi's TM were to participate in the current qualifiers we would not qualify out of the first round.

Despite facing financial difficulties and having changed our head coaches in the middle of these WCQ'ers, I strongly believe our current roster of players have the ability to get to Qatar 2022. Their bond outside of the field and their team chemistry on the field will play a key role in the our qualification.

Lastly, I don't think Skocic is near the level of Queiroz. But I do think he will do a better job than Juan Perón, his predecessor.

Comment

If we think about playing beautiful football or go on to the pitch with the idea of enjoying a kick around in the park, we will not qualify. All our remaining games we should think of battle ground. That's what our opponents - especially the Persian Gulf Sheikhdoms - think every time they face us. If we go soft we will be beaten. We should kick their butts from the go whistle to the end whistle without giving them a second to recover.
                                هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                                نگاه میکنید.
                                sigpic
                                I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X