• Hashemian - Karimi -Daei

0 0%
  • Karimi - Daei - Hashemian

23 51.11%
  • Karimi - Hashemian - Daei

3 6.67%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who had the better career at Bayern?

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,875 Times in 6,228 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    It all depends on your definition of a good career.
    1. Making more money?
    2. Getting more playing time?
    3. Scoring more goals?
    4. Becoming more famous, making a name for himself and the country?
    5. Progressing as a player?
    I don't remember how much money they all made but if you consider all the other points, Karimi is inferior to Daei in all departments but number 2 (Hashemian doesn't even count). I voted Karimi-Daei-Hashemian but after seeing the above points myself, I think I made a mistake.
    For the most part it's number 2. After that number 5 and then 4. Number 1 doesn't play a role, after all the Chinese league pays plenty but it's a horrible career move. Number 3 is only applicable to forwards (or at least players playing the same position but not for comparing forwards to midfielders) and in fact for forwards it would be one of the main criteria.

If you feel you voted wrong, you can unvote and vote again.

Also I'm curious to know why someone considered Hashemian's time at Bayern better than Daei's unless they voted as a joke.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,145 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Karimi has impressive performances pretty much every time he put on a Bayern shirt so from that perspective he was the most successful IMO but from a statistical standpoint I’m pretty sure daie had 8-9 goals in like 26-27 games which is a very solid record especially for someone like him who didn’t start in many of those caps. His one season with Bayern was good too
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    Karimi has impressive performances pretty much every time he put on a Bayern shirt so from that perspective he was the most successful IMO but from a statistical standpoint I’m pretty sure daie had 8-9 goals in like 26-27 games which is a very solid record especially for someone like him who didn’t start in many of those caps. His one season with Bayern was good too
    Daei had 6 goals in 32 games for Bayern. That's about a goal once every 5 games. For a forward I would not consider that a good record.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,145 Times in 4,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Daei had 6 goals in 32 games for Bayern. That's about a goal once every 5 games. For a forward I would not consider that a good record.
    6? Is that only league games?

Also how many of those 32 caps were substitute appearances? I’d be willing to bet close to half of them were
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,328 Times in 1,482 Posts
    For the most part it's number 2. After that number 5 and then 4. Number 1 doesn't play a role, after all the Chinese league pays plenty but it's a horrible career move. Number 3 is only applicable to forwards (or at least players playing the same position but not for comparing forwards to midfielders) and in fact for forwards it would be one of the main criteria.

If you feel you voted wrong, you can unvote and vote again.

Also I'm curious to know why someone considered Hashemian's time at Bayern better than Daei's unless they voted as a joke.
    Well then even if you count only number 2, 4 and 5, Daei would win 4 and 5 whereas Karimi would be superior only at 2. So I will go with Daei first.
    ps. didn't know about that unvoting option. Done.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    6? Is that only league games?
    Also how many of those 32 caps were substitute appearances? I’d be willing to bet close to half of them were
    It's 6 for league games and overall games (he didn't score in any other competition). Here are his full stats with all the minutes of each game: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    If we wanna get too technical it's in 1589 minutes of play over 32 games. As you say about half of his games are as a sub but that really feeds more into his career at Bayern not being that successful.
    Again this isn't a critique of the players themselves but strictly about how they did at Bayern.

Edit: Did he get injured in November-December of 1998? He is absent from the squads.
    Second edit: I'm guessing it was due to preparation and him playing for Iran at the Asian Games.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Well then even if you count only number 2, 4 and 5, Daei would win 4 and 5 whereas Karimi would be superior only at 2. So I will go with Daei first.
    ps. didn't know about that unvoting option. Done.
    I don't believe Daei would win at 5. I think they both progressed just about the same during their time there although I might give Karimi the edge in progressing since he actually got playing time. Daei wins at 4 but not due to his time at Bayern but rather his goals for TM. I doubt his presence at Bayern had any impact on him or Iran becoming more famous. Any notability achieved was as a result of his TM games/goals. So in regards to this thread and just Bayern, I don't think any of them really achieved number 4.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    You need to see how many minutes he played in each game too. Goals per minutes would be a more accurate calculation if you wanna judge him.

I remember Daei would get subbed in late, in many games. Because of all his international duties with TM, they preferred Janker to start most of the games.

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    I don't believe Daei would win at 5. I think they both progressed just about the same during their time there although I might give Karimi the edge in progressing since he actually got playing time. Daei wins at 4 but not due to his time at Bayern but rather his goals for TM. I doubt his presence at Bayern had any impact on him or Iran becoming more famous. Any notability achieved was as a result of his TM games/goals. So in regards to this thread and just Bayern, I don't think any of them really achieved number 4.
    Daei did not progress. He was always as good, before and after his Bayern time. It was rather Karimi who regressed.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    You need to see how many minutes he played in each game too. Goals per minutes would be a more accurate calculation if you wanna judge him.
    I remember Daei would get subbed in late, in many games. Because of all his international duties with TM, they preferred Janker to start most of the games.
    I posted that above in reply to ghermez agha but I also pointed out that the fact that he wasn't getting playing time reflects on his Bayern career not being too successful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 114

You do not have permission to view the list of names.