Who had the better career at Bayern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
    Daei would have had a much better season if he didn't keep flying for every useless TM friendly game.
    True.
    This would also have affected his goal statistics at TM as well, something that would be hard to digest for his hardcore fans.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      That is the definition of having a more successful career. For a forward scoring one goal every 5 games is a horrible average. Especially when those supplying you with opportunities up front are Bayern's midfield.
      Definition of a successful career is contributing in goals and/or assists. He did do a decent job defending and improved his defensive game, but otherwise he was definitely not a Ballack (as intended when signed by Magath) as far as contributions. Appearances don't constitute success. Also, he was called back at Schalke a few years later and same issue- zero performance when playing (although mostly garbage time).

Daei on the other hand had to fight against Carsten Jancker, who was a German National and was being groomed for the German National Team. After leaving the team on a couple of occasions for Team Melli (I think it was the Asian Games during winter break), he fell out of favor with Hitzfeld and was reduced to substitute player. Yet, he still managed to score 6 goals that season. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have scored in that famous CL game against ManUtd had he been subbed in. He was also very close to scoring in the German Cup Final and narrowly missed the goal. It's not even a close comparison. Daei was miles ahead in contribution in comparison to Karimi.

Comment

Originally posted by JaanevarAjeeb View Post
        Definition of a successful career is contributing in goals and/or assists. He did do a decent job defending and improved his defensive game, but otherwise he was definitely not a Ballack (as intended when signed by Magath) as far as contributions. Appearances don't constitute success. Also, he was called back at Schalke a few years later and same issue- zero performance when playing (although mostly garbage time).

Daei on the other hand had to fight against Carsten Jancker, who was a German National and was being groomed for the German National Team. After leaving the team on a couple of occasions for Team Melli (I think it was the Asian Games during winter break), he fell out of favor with Hitzfeld and was reduced to substitute player. Yet, he still managed to score 6 goals that season. There is no doubt in my mind that he would have scored in that famous CL game against ManUtd had he been subbed in. He was also very close to scoring in the German Cup Final and narrowly missed the goal. It's not even a close comparison. Daei was miles ahead in contribution in comparison to Karimi.
        I'm not calling either Bayern career successful. I'm arguing which one was more successful compared to the other. Being reduced to a substitute, regardless of the reason, cannot be considered a success. We are not talking about what might have been under different circumstances but rather what actually was the case.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

why is Hashemian even in there? He didnt even have a career at Bayern

Seems like another Daei vs Karimi thread

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
            why is Hashemian even in there? He didnt even have a career at Bayern

Seems like another Daei vs Karimi thread
            He was with them for a year and played 15 games. One person actually considers his career better than both Daei and Karimi while 2 other people consider it better than at least one of Daei or Karimi's careers.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

lol who voted for hashemian
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Btw Willy Sagnol had an interview with Iranian tv. He spoke about Vahid and Ali

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  He was with them for a year and played 15 games. One person actually considers his career better than both Daei and Karimi while 2 other people consider it better than at least one of Daei or Karimi's careers.
                  Clearly those votes are a joke.

I see Hash played 9 games and all were subs and probably cup games.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    Clearly those votes are a joke.
                    I see Hash played 9 games and all were subs and probably cup games.
                    He played 15 times and 468 minutes for Bayern, 9 times in the Bundesliga, twice in the UEFA Champions League, twice in the German Cup, and twice n the German League Cup. That's his career at Bayern.

Comment

allah akbar

Comment

I believe this commentators great 1min presentation has the best quote. Bazikonaye Bundesligara jadoo kard..
                        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DQcyh8L4E

https://youtu.be/T6DQcyh8L4E
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

No offense to Soltan Ali Aghaye Daei, but Jadoogar Ali Aghaye Karimi had a slightly better career than him at Bayern.

So for me, as pertains to Bayern:

1) Ali Karimi
                          2) Ali Daei
                          3) Vahid Hashemian

In Team Melli, and although I’m a fan of Vahid Hashemian, I’d say:

1) Ali Daei
                          2) Ali Karimi
                          3) Vahid Hashemian

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                            No offense to Soltan Ali Aghaye Daei, but Jadoogar Ali Aghaye Karimi had a slightly better career than him at Bayern.

So for me, as pertains to Bayern:

1) Ali Karimi
                            2) Ali Daei
                            3) Vahid Hashemian

In Team Melli, and although I’m a fan of Vahid Hashemian, I’d say:

1) Ali Daei
                            2) Ali Karimi
                            3) Vahid Hashemian
                            I agree with your Bayern assessment. For TM I'd swap Karimi and Hashemian. Hashemian saved us many times when we really needed a goal.

Comment

Working...
                            X