Azizi's Premature TM Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    It is absolutely not blown proportions. The dude was/is crazy. In addition to the incidents that Nokhodi mentioned, he used to throw tantrums a lot, and somehow got even worse as a coach. iirc correctly he had multiple ejections as a head coach.
    Also let's not forget this:
    You're in no position to label someone you don't know at all as crazy. Azizi had zero red cards for TM and barely any red cards in his club career. That clip you shared is just one incident, and he was attacked and reacted to that guy pushing him. He hadn't committed a foul on the goalkeeper but that douche of a defender tried to bully him but got a taste of his own medicine. Now i haven't seen the match, and i'm guessing neither have you, maybe that guy who annoyingly pushed Azizi, was provoking him the entire match, maybe even during half time in the catacomb, we don't know what happened. But to call him crazy based on this incident is beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Dude, I'm sorry but instead of calling everything a rumor, you should either start following Iranian football or refresh your memory more often.
      Watch from minute 12:30:

Blazevic's style was everything but conservative.
      If anything this interview shows that Azizi is a very likable guy who cared a lot about his teammates such as Ali Latifi. He is just a very outspoken guy with a unique personality who values his independence. Often you can see these personality traits in creative footballers, they are very stubborn ao. Apparently he feels like Blazevic insulted him, it is the job of a good coach to know how to deal with different type of characters even before his first training he has to analyze his players their background etc, a good coach has to have people skills, something Blazevic clearly lacked. If Blazevic couldn't handle someone like Azizi, how on earth would he have handled players such as Romario or Stoichkov etc? You can't demand to work only with yes-men as a coach, that's not how things work in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        I feel like I can’t say anything against the guy after what he did against Australia 🙂
        I’m sure i remember my dad saying he was a bit of a hot head but then we had a lot of hot headed players 😃
        The referee over reacted in that clip and he Azizi was surrounded by there players, the ref booked him early. He should have waited for situation to calm down , stood back slightly and then took action. That was no way a sending off offence and then yes he should have left the pitch but getting the security on the pitch to get him was an over reaction, like he had a gun or something.
        i wasnt following TM too closely before 2005 so i couldnt answer the thread opening question, but he certainly come across hotheaded and bit too opinionated (more like lacks filter/Not very diplomatic..!) he was/is a genuine person & doesnt hold back spewing whats on his mind, whether right or wrong ..! so his controversial remarks often create much backlash against him ..!
        His footballing genius is undeniable and imo @ core he is a very khaky and likable character..!
        I was at that KC Wizards game first row, when that Red card incident occurred less than 20 yards in front of me..!!
        the SKC(KC Wizards @ that time) player he got into pushing match with (Nick Garcia) was massive douche and a very dirty player..! good young defender, but cocky AF, Often assigned by our coach to shadow opponent's key attacking players, fk with their head, hack them and basically throw them off their game..!! the two of them had been going @ each other earlier in the game too..!
        he obviously didnt take kindly to Nick pushing him after the whistle and he did loose his cool completely though and refused leaving the stadium i think he went back into the pitch mostly to confront Nick again, because he was still talking shittt...! and off course our fans were giving him shitt too, especially the 15-20 obnoxious, rowdy group of fans whom i was one of the organizing founders of along with couple of other guys..! which went on to later become the SKC Cauldron ..!
        the man was a pure Mashadi ..... and as im sure youve already been warned by your parents, we're straight up Gs ... not to ever be fked with ..!
        Azizi Shireh..!!

Comment

Based on the comments so far it seems like Azizi's lack of discipline is what cost him his TM spot. In one of the clips posted he very openly admits it was because he didn't get the number he wanted on his jersey that made him quit the team.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            Based on the comments so far it seems like Azizi's lack of discipline is what cost him his TM spot. In one of the clips posted he very openly admits it was because he didn't get the number he wanted on his jersey that made him quit the team.
            KC jan, how could you have missed this story?

The guy was a great talent but had problems with every coach he had. From Blazevic, he got the disciplinary treatment Rahmati and Aghili received from CQ. If you leave TM camp for what ever reason, you need to suit yourself for paying for it. The worst thing is that Azizi in 2001 was still in his top form and could help TM a lot. Blazevic wanted to use him where he used Ali Karimi and I guess with Mahdavikia on the right and Blazevic's second favorite boy, Nikbakht on the left, Karimi would have to become second striker behind/beside Daei. What an attacking force that would have made. Pity Azizi blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              KC jan, how could you have missed this story?

The guy was a great talent but had problems with every coach he had. From Blazevic, he got the disciplinary treatment Rahmati and Aghili received from CQ. If you leave TM camp for what ever reason, you need to suit yourself for paying for it. The worst thing is that Azizi in 2001 was still in his top form and could help TM a lot. Blazevic wanted to use him where he used Ali Karimi and I guess with Mahdavikia on the right and Blazevic's second favorite boy, Nikbakht on the left, Karimi would have to become second striker behind/beside Daei. What an attacking force that would have made. Pity Azizi blew it.
              I knew he had disciplinary problems but it's the first time I'm hearing the jersey number story.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
              X