The Iranian Football Memory Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
    Azadi's pitch has significantly improved from that dirt and alaf field.
    Definitely. Probably has a newer filtration system and groundskeeping staff.

I remember watching a few games back then with puddles still on the field as Team Melli played.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      Azadi's pitch has significantly improved from that dirt and alaf field.
      The 2002-03 repairs really fixed the pitch. Considering most pitches don't last longer than 10 years at best, it is amazing Azadi's pitch hasn't been changed in 17 years and is still very presentable.

Comment

The second goal is one of the best teamwork goals I've ever seen from TeamMelli

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
          The second goal is one of the best teamwork goals I've ever seen from TeamMelli

That second goal is world class. Boy Shojaei wasted so many chances.

Comment

Comment

Iran's final friendly before World cup 2006

Comment

Extended highlights of Iran versus Japan in the 1994 World Cup qualifiers.

Comment

World cup qualifying 2nd round for 2006. After Iran lost to Jordan 1-0 in Azadi, snappping its undefeated streak, Iran was left with 6 points compared to Jordan's 9pts. In a group with only Laos, Qatar and Jordan, it was very possible that Iran would not qualify to the next round as the top team. They would have to get a result in Jordan. A goal eluded Iran until Nikbakht put us on the board.

After the win in Jordan, Iran needed to see out the rest of the group and avoid dropping points. Unfortunately, they got off to a very bad start against Qatar and had to come back from 2-1 down to win if they wanted to continue their quest to the World cup.

Last edited by perspolis#1; 05-02-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Some highlights from the 1978 World cup qualifying.
                    At that time qualifying between AFC and OFC was done together.
                    The 1-0 win against Australia in Tehran officially qualified us for our first ever World Cup.

Last edited by perspolis#1; 05-04-2020, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Comment

Hey guys, long time no see. I hope all of you are doing well. I hope everyone is healthy, happy and hanging in there during this time.

Kamran (webmaster) jan, mokhlesim

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X