No announcement yet.

Iranian transfers | Summer 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alipour, torabi, mohebbi, ghaedi, niazmand, nourollahi are the next wave that need to go to europe. This is actually natural and is what should happen every year or two if we are to really build on CQs legacy and achieve a long lasting pool of players to strengthen TM. If just these guys start going, it will cement a major shift inside iran. To play for TM you have little chance unless you challenge yourself and move to europe. Not to mention this is the only possibility of the clubs want to stop leaching off the government, getting fined by FIFA, and creating a joke of an image for the iranian league and iranian football. Just with a couple outgoing transfers (for acceptable fees, say totalling around $2-2.5M) every season or two PP can cover most of their costs for the entire coming year. Selling one more could create the capability to maybe build a decent training base, or invest in youth teams.

There are so many talents in Iran who deserve to be given a chance by larger PGPL teams to show themselves. This will give those guys the opportunity to play in ACL, further themselves, and the cycle will continue. Guys like Monazami, Barzegar, Moghanlou, shariati, nokhodkar, hosseinzadeh are another wave.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      His personality screams that he is going to stay unfortunately.

Maybe in a couple years he will leave for a short while and return to Iran.

Guy turns 26 in a few months so his window is going to start to close for better European teams
      I know. That is the problem.

I was impressed by him ever since his first Saipa games and games against Japan and Uzbekistan. He should have really left back then. Football wise he is an almost complete midfielder who can play in any European league.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
        I know. That is the problem.

I was impressed by him ever since his first Saipa games and games against Japan and Uzbekistan. He should have really left back then. Football wise he is an almost complete midfielder who can play in any European league.
        That's why we remain with questions like "what if" (from AK8 to Taremi)

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          That's why we remain with questions like "what if" (from AK8 to Taremi)
          Whats the "What if"? For Taremi? The guy was/is very capable and just needed a "recommendation" to go abroad.

A recommendation from CQ goes far and it did with Taremi

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            alipour, torabi, mohebbi, ghaedi, niazmand, nourollahi are the next wave that need to go to europe. This is actually natural and is what should happen every year or two if we are to really build on CQs legacy and achieve a long lasting pool of players to strengthen TM. If just these guys start going, it will cement a major shift inside iran. To play for TM you have little chance unless you challenge yourself and move to europe. Not to mention this is the only possibility of the clubs want to stop leaching off the government, getting fined by FIFA, and creating a joke of an image for the iranian league and iranian football. Just with a couple outgoing transfers (for acceptable fees, say totalling around $2-2.5M) every season or two PP can cover most of their costs for the entire coming year. Selling one more could create the capability to maybe build a decent training base, or invest in youth teams.
            In normal conditions, it should be like that. But our players face three hurdles : lack of self ambition + Euro lack of interest + greedy iranian club (if clubs like PP feel they can get the 2/2.5m€, they will try to get more even at cost to retaining the players and lost all).

I wouldn't put too much hope on the list you quote, except one or two players. At the moment, we should just rely on our flagships and our starters in TM (Azmoun, Taremi, Rezaei, MilMo) to break the "Euro lack of interest" hurdles and increase iran football prestige.

Comment

Whats the "What if"? For Taremi? The guy was/is very capable and just needed a "recommendation" to go abroad.

A recommendation from CQ goes far and it did with Taremi
              What if Taremi didn't spend so many years in Iran and Qatar, instead of showing his true potential at 27 in an average portuguese team

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                Torabi is by far IPL's best player. He should get his lazy bum out of Iran.
                I agree with you on this, especially if you have seen him play in real life during his Saipa time. I would say he is better than Gholizadeh (no disrespect to Gholizadeh).

Comment

What if Taremi didn't spend so many years in Iran and Qatar, instead of showing his true potential at 27 in an average portuguese team
                  He would be much higher up the totem pole.

Was that interest there though? We know Karimi could have gone to Atletico. Who bid for Taremi from a good European team?

A lot of our players have/had poor agents, bad luck, and external factors working against them.

They needed some outside help to get them to places they needed to be. Berdiev gave Azmoun a chance and Azmoun delivered to best striker in RPL. CQ Taremi. Mehdi Bayat and all of our Belgium contingent.

That doesn't mean our players are not good enough to get there on their own but sometimes they need an extra pull to land what they deserve.

Karimi was already scouted by Bayern, then the Bam earthquake unfortunately happened. Then he was spinning guys like Lahm and Mertesacker inside out. That sealed the deal

Comment

He would be much higher up the totem pole.

Was that interest there though? We know Karimi could have gone to Atletico. Who bid for Taremi from a good European team?

A lot of our players have/had poor agents, bad luck, and external factors working against them.

They needed some outside help to get them to places they needed to be. Berdiev gave Azmoun a chance and Azmoun delivered to best striker in RPL. CQ Taremi. Mehdi Bayat and all of our Belgium contingent.

That doesn't mean our players are not good enough to get there on their own but sometimes they need an extra pull to land what they deserve.

Karimi was already scouted by Bayern, then the Bam earthquake unfortunately happened. Then he was spinning guys like Lahm and Mertesacker inside out. That sealed the deal
                    He signed with Rizespor and after ten days he came back to PP. Instead of doing what muriqi did (and also Ansarifard in Greece), he wasted his time in Iran and Qatar and get PP from transfer window

Comment

He signed with Rizespor and after ten days he came back to PP. Instead of doing what muriqi did (and also Ansarifard in Greece), he wasted his time in Iran and Qatar and get PP from transfer window
                      That wasn't a huge jump though.

From what I remember he also turned out unlucky that some Perspolis fans were so ruthless towards him and that a coup attempt was happening in Turkey as he was about to sign

Comment

That wasn't a huge jump though.

From what I remember he also turned out unlucky that some Perspolis fans were so ruthless towards him and that a coup attempt was happening in Turkey as he was about to sign
                        Playing fenerbahçe, bekistas and gala twice a season and in a league more scouted that the middle east ones he wasted so much time in was a big jump for me.

The guy scored tons of goals in Ipl, qatar and in international games but still need the the help of cq to land in europa.

Comment

Taremi was only discovered by PP at the age of 22 or so. Before that he was playing in azadegan. I think the extra year in qatar was a waste, but given what he has achieved in portugal, and now at the least he will transfer to one of top 3 portuguese teams, it is hard to not view that as a success for him. Physically he is so strong, but also such a high IQ player that I think he can continue to play in europe and grow for another 4-5 years for sure.

Obviously if somebody with taremis qualities had gotten to europe at closer to the age of 20, he could have done even more, but some players are just late bloomers or late getting discovered. Same goes for ebrahimi. I dont think you can say that because he didnt go to rizespor he wasted his potential or something, considering his situation now.

Its unfortunate that at Taremi's break through time, the only players that could really go to europe at a young age had to be discovered through youth NTs, playing tournaments abroad, etc. This how Saeid, ARJ, Azmoun were taken so early. Similar story for milad even, he was given trials in austria and then signed by russia bc in part of his status as a youth NT player.

Taremi never participated with national youth teams at any level, so he was robbed of that chance a bit.

Thankfully he has been a trailblazer in a very good developmental league, producing countless top talent exports that succeed ever year. This seems like it has opened the doors for future Taremis to get discovered earlier and maximize their potential. a guy like mohebbi could be a great example. Never really involved with youth setup, but now bc of guys like taremi showing themselves so well, he is getting offers from Portugal.

Comment

Taremi is one of the most polarizing players I have ever seen in Iran. I'm glad to see him in the position he currently is in because he's in his prime now but we can expect 3 more very strong seasons from him.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Mathletics1984/s...57641666580482

Liga NOS fans intrigued at the prospect of Ali Alipour joining their league.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                                Taremi is one of the most polarizing players I have ever seen in Iran. I'm glad to see him in the position he currently is in because he's in his prime now but we can expect 3 more very strong seasons from him.
                                Why is he polarizing?

Comment

Working...
                                X