Iranian transfers | Summer 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    I agree. Who knew having a bad season in Qatar will earn you a 3-year contract worth €600k (incl. bonuses) for one of Greece's big 3 teams based in the capital (Athens), in addition to biggest stadium in Greece, European football, passionate fans, etc... In Karim's defense though, I don't think he really tried his best at Qatar and like Taremi can have a good season in Europe, although Karim already did. I heard they signed Karim as a back up to Oliveira, but I think he will be starter after a couple of games. I wonder if this move saves Karim's TM spot (Ramin maybe as well)?

Promising transfer window possibly for core TM players, Taremi -> Porto, Ansarifard -> AEK, and Rezaeian -> Al-Duhail.
    ok seriously happy for ansarifard but to claim he is or should be core TM player at this stage is kind of ridiculous.

Comment

ansarifard has been made obsolete by the fact that we just have much better attacking options.

Taremi, Azmoun, gholizadeh, ghoddos, rezaei, even jahanbaksh are head and shoulders above him.
      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
        that's one of those non expected transfers that put a smile on my face. AEK is in Euroleague qualification. #thebuddyansarifarnt

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk
        Please make that hashtag go viral!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          ok seriously happy for ansarifard but to claim he is or should be core TM player at this stage is kind of ridiculous.
          I didn't say he should continue being core and literally opened my sentence saying he had a bad season in Qatar, I personally would give someone else a try (e.g. Moghanlou). When I said core I meant in the prior TM games he started for us. Moving forward it would not be good solution.

Comment

In my opinion, the reason why he is back in Greece is becauce his wife is greek. He had good seasons there so he took the opportunity and thats a good thing. Come on Ansarifart !

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              I didn't say he should continue being core and literally opened my sentence saying he had a bad season in Qatar, I personally would give someone else a try (e.g. Moghanlou). When I said core I meant in the prior TM games he started for us.
              no not moghanlou. The players that are performing head and shoulders above the rest and are PROVEN at higher level currently: Azmoun, Taremi,Kaveh Rezaei. Out wide where karim has played (sadly) Ghoddos, Gholi, ARJ. Even as a 4th choice CF karim will be competing with the likes of mehrdad mohamamdi, and then as you mention possibly moghanlou. And a 4th choice CF rarely gets into squad anyways, unless like Mehrdad they can offer something different as a winger too.

Im so happy for guys like Karim, Ramin, hasjafi who are having a good back end of their careers, but it doesnt change the fact their time as mainstays in TM is coming to a close and younger players with more quality need to be prioritized, and simply them moving to europe doesnt mitigate some of their atrocious performances in TM recently. Although Hajsafi should be getting more mins than the other two, simply because of our midfield issues right now.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                ansarifard has been made obsolete by the fact that we just have much better attacking options.

Taremi, Azmoun, gholizadeh, ghoddos, rezaei, even jahanbaksh are head and shoulders above him.
                Based on my prior viewings
                Greek league is a joke anyhow ..! So TBH the likes of him & Ehsan are still on top of my list of TM phase-out methodically list ..!

Comment

I think one thing people don’t take into consideration is how a player fits into a coach’s system. Just because a player succeeds or fails at his club doesn’t necessarily correlate to their fit within said system. The best example of that was JB. While he was setting the Dutch league on fire, his contribution to TM Under CQ left a lot to be desired. That’s why National camps are so imperative To the success of the team. That is the time a coach can get all his players into a training session and see how they would fit into the system.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                    I think one thing people don’t take into consideration is how a player fits into a coach’s system. Just because a player succeeds or fails at his club doesn’t necessarily correlate to their fit within said system. The best example of that was JB. While he was setting the Dutch league on fire, his contribution to TM Under CQ left a lot to be desired. That’s why National camps are so imperative To the success of the team. That is the time a coach can get all his players into a training session and see how they would fit into the system.
                    Indeed
                    I think those week long pre-WC camps were more pivotal & important to our prior WCs decent showings than most all our Friendlies combined.
                    Dragan must look into setting up a week or so long camp @ first possible opportunity ...! Although that is a real tough task considering our squad playing all over EU & our local clubs being an asss about releasing players & forgoing some tokhmy games they got planned in PGL etc.

Comment

Once karim retires, we should give him a sendoff game, its only fair. Wish andranik got one tho

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                        Based on my prior viewings
                        Greek league is a joke anyhow ..! So TBH the likes of him & Ehsan are still on top of my list of TM phase-out methodically list ..!
                        Not as big of a joke as Iranian league footy - nowhere close to being that big of a joke. Better than Qatar of course too. If they’re playing in top teams in that league and competing in Europe it will and should be a difference maker. Karim though is definitely not as good as the other options I have no debate with you on that. But the more guys we have playing at higher levels, the better!
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          Not as big of a joke as Iranian league footy - nowhere close to being that big of a joke. Better than Qatar of course too. If they’re playing in top teams in that league and competing in Europe it will and should be a difference maker. Karim though is definitely not as good as the other options I have no debate with you on that. But the more guys we have playing at higher levels, the better!
                          I agree to jest of your point but I don’t recall Greek league being that much of an upgrade over PGL ..!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            I agree to jest of your point but I don’t recall Greek league being that much of an upgrade over PGL ..!?
                            I was always an advocate of the PGL but it has really gotten a lot worse in recent years - quality of football is awful aside from 2-3 teams. So much bezan ziresh footy and aimless crosses into the box from the flanks and mid field there’s truly no strategy. Playing in a league that’s loaded with teams that play that way is terrible. That is of course due to poor Irooni coaching - The talent pool is definitely interesting and worth watching and that’s the biggest reason I follow it still aside from being a die-hard red which you can probably tell from my name

I will also say the Greek league isn’t special either but as I mentioned - their top teams competing in Europe and the average level of a Greek team is definitely better than a PGL. Coaching and infrastructure is definitely better. I can go on but I think you get it!
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I watched AEK vs Trabzonspor this last season in the europa league and theres no way anyone is gonna convince me that greek league isnt an upgrade over PGL.

It's not a very high level league but the top 4-5 teams play good football and have decent legionares and compete in euro comps. so theres no comparison.
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

I wonder if people realize that Ansarifard is only two years older than Kaveh Rezaei whenever they want to claim that Karim is too old to be in TM while he is just 30 years of age. Rezaei may or may not be better than Ansarifard (imo Ansarifard is slightly better and definitely more versatile than Kaveh and way more experienced on an International level). But to claim that Mehrad Mohammadi is better than Ansarifard in any position, is just laughable.

Comment

Working...
                                X