No announcement yet.

Iranian transfers | Summer 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taremi and Mohammadi have given a very good reputation to Iranians in Portugal.

Just like Daei, Bagheri and Aziz when they first went to Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
      Why is he polarizing?
      Because so many people criticize him even tho he is one of the most talented players we have ever seen.
      He's made lots of questionable/dumb moves in his career and always seems to be the center of attention.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
        Because so many people criticize him even tho he is one of the most talented players we have ever seen.
        He's made lots of questionable/dumb moves in his career and always seems to be the center of attention.
        Yep agree. I think a lot of it came down to him needing some guidance for which CQ was at least able to provide in some capacity.

Comment

on the field there should be little polarizing about him.

He is excellent with a without the ball, clocks in a tremendous amount of miles, his pressing energy and understanding of when to press is extremely impressive. (just see how many times he dispossessed spanish players in WC). His runs off the ball are so unique and intelligent most defenders end up fouling him and he creates such a high volume of chances for himself and others. His linkup play is strong, and physically he is a tank. Strong in air and can produce very acrobatic finishes. His languid running style totally deceives defenders too.

He is not a lewandowski or ali daei calibre finisher. But as he is often not played as a traditional number 9 this is acceptable, considering what he gives team off the ball. Since moving to europe his concentration and finishing has improved, and im sure that will continue.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            He is not a lewandowski or ali daei calibre finisher. But as he is often not played as a traditional number 9 this is acceptable, considering what he gives team off the ball. Since moving to europe his concentration and finishing has improved, and im sure that will continue.
            Good observations.

I don't think he ever has to aspire to play like them either because the pure amount of chances he can create out of thin air through his off-the-ball movement and playing style makes up for his lack of finishing.

Clinical finishers like Azmoun have benefitted a lot by playing alongside him

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
              https://twitter.com/Mathletics1984/s...57641666580482

Liga NOS fans intrigued at the prospect of Ali Alipour joining their league.
              LOL@ Motahari! Otherwise they have done a pretty good research. I don't think Alipour would be a good replacement for Taremi (or maybe he will. Who knows? Iranian players get to impress in Europe at times.) but their best bet is to get either Kaveh Rezaei or Ghoddos. The latter would be a rip off as his quality is beyond Rio Ave. I wouldn't mind if they got Sayyadmanesh as a loan from Fenerbahce either. At least he may get playing time in a better league than in PGL.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                LOL@ Motahari! Otherwise they have done a pretty good research. I don't think Alipour would be a good replacement for Taremi (or maybe he will. Who knows? Iranian players get to impress in Europe at times.) but their best bet is to get either Kaveh Rezaei or Ghoddos. The latter would be a rip off as his quality is beyond Rio Ave. I wouldn't mind if they got Sayyadmanesh as a loan from Fenerbahce either. At least he may get playing time in a better league than in PGL.
                motahari has been excellent this year. To be honest he is pretty similar level to alipour.

Comment

Motahari is even underrated, he is. Typical example of inside box striker.
                  Different than Taremi or even Alipour.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    motahari has been excellent this year. To be honest he is pretty similar level to alipour.
                    Most under rated striker in Iran for a while now - his youth TM record is great and he always has played well in the league too. I like him much more than alipour
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Being good for 1 season doesn't necessarily make you qualified to play in Europe. The guy is already 27 years old. The fact is neither him nor Alipour can replace a player like Taremi in Rio Ave. But at least Alipour is younger and he's had better overall scoring stats. Otherwise once upon a time, a player like Morteza Tabrizi was much better than both. If any of our recent forwards deserved to go to Europe, it was him.

Comment

Both should move now, Alipour proved himself in IPL in regular bases, so let see what he can do in Europe, he is better scorer than Mehrdad M. So if Mehrdad did well he can probably can do well as well.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

According to Sepahan, mohebi has one offer from Spain

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            According to Sepahan, mohebi has one offer from Spain
                            Good. He deserves it, Mehdi Ghaedi does too. Is this La Liga or La Liga 2?

Edit: https://www.varzesh3.com/news/168248...‡Ø§Ù†-رسید

Apparently it’s La Liga!
                            Last edited by Leicester City; 05-07-2020, 05:49 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Good. He deserves it, Ghaedi does too. Is this La Liga or La Liga 2?

Edit: https://www.varzesh3.com/news/168248...‡Ø§Ù†-رسید

Apparently it’s La Liga!
                              Great news! This is the type of player we desperately need moving to Europe: young midfielders. While we have more than enough quality at GK and a plethora of attacking options already playing in Europe, our midfield's future is completely up for grabs. That provides a great opportunity for a player like Mohebi to take advantage of and also help our TM.

Comment

Mohebbi is a very interesting player.

He is very strong physically. a bit like taremi in that sense, but less height and much faster.

His ability to cut in at speed and shoot with power from outside box is very rare for iranians. Maybe torabi has that ability but even his technique is not as powerful and fast as mohebbis.

Strong dribbler, and makes very good runs from the sides into the box (see Al Ain match). He is also a very able header of the ball.

In general bc of his physique he is a useful presser and solid off the ball.

His cons are common for young talents in iran, often his decision making is poor, goes on too many solo runs. Getting oriented with euro style of play at his young age, be it in Spain, Portugal, or belgium will solve these habits quickly (as we see with gholizadeh).

Add to that he has a strong mentality. He said earlier this year he had two goals in football :to play for TM as soon as possible and become a regular, and to transfer to Europe and become legionairre as soon as possible.

He comes from an educated family in bushehr, dad is an agricultural engineer. Mohebbi himself studied was getting his B.S in Petrochemical engineering before his transfer to sepahan.

If he goes to europe now I think his ceiling is much higher than say gholizadeh, who I really love, and I would say his speed and physique give him more raw talent than ARJ, although ARJ's decision making, and fundamental technique was always at a very high level even at young age, which mohebbis is not necessarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X