Ali Karimi at Bayern Munich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali Karimi at Bayern Munich

I found this on a hard drive. Its the complete second half of the first match of the 05/06 season. Karimi was subbed in at halftime. Enjoy.

Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 04-24-2020, 01:30 PM.

Why don't you upload it in youtube or something dude?

Comment

Please upload this onto youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Why don't you upload it in youtube or something dude?
        Originally posted by kobekarimi88 View Post
        Please upload this onto youtube.
        uploaded.

Comment

I remember an interview with Karimi about how hard practices were under Magath. He was just exhausted!!!

I chatted with my German friend at the time and he mentioned that Magath was well known for killing his players in practice to get them physically fit. Including carrying bricks up a hill while sprinting.

Comment

^
            They call Felix Magath "Quälix" in Germany. A name developed for him from his first name "Felix" and German word for painful torture "Quälen". put together "Quälix".
            Among German coaches Felix Magath and also Werner Lorant had the reputation to push you to the limits in training. Pre-season trainings under Magath were nightmares for players.
            That was the problem for Karimi coming from a 5 year stay in a slow motion league to Felix Magath's team, he was lucky he didnt get injured in training, but couldn't physically hold up with other players, who actually had strict diet and training since they were 14...
            CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
              ^
              They call Felix Magath "Quälix" in Germany. A name developed for him from his first name "Felix" and German word for painful torture "Quälen". put together "Quälix".
              Among German coaches Felix Magath and also Werner Lorant had the reputation to push you to the limits in training. Pre-season trainings under Magath were nightmares for players.
              That was the problem for Karimi coming from a 5 year stay in a slow motion league to Felix Magath's team, he was lucky he didnt get injured in training, but couldn't physically hold up with other players, who actually had strict diet and training since they were 14...
              I think he did quite well in the first season, and way beyond my expectation, i was scared he can't survive Magath hard training but he actually did survived, i guess if he wasn't the victim of the long injury in 2nd division and didn't have the brain fart to leave Europe at age of 27, he would have had much longer career i Europe, once you play for Bayern, you already extend your career for few more seasons in Europe top leagues.

Comment

santa cruz, demichelis, hargraeves, AK all with similar hairstyle back in the day lol. Bit hard to differentiate with lower quality camera back then, except for AK8's totally unique dribbling style.

The first football kit I remember actually asking for was the golden Bayern kit with Karimi on the back which I got when visiting family of mine in germany as a kid. still have it to this day.

I think considering everything (shitty ego, lack of ability to truly adapt to german culture/discipline, leaving europe at 27 after fcking around in arab leagues for so long) he had a solid EU career. Was an important player for a couple years at bayern, won a league and a cup. I dont think its a stretch to say he was our only truly world class player ever (or near world class), even if it was for a short amount of time.

One note on the match itself, you could tell he was very motivated/fit during this time, he was actually putting in quite a big defensive shift. IMO, his raw physicality is often overlooked. Obviously his main claim to fame is that dribbling, footballing IQ, but his power and body strength was actually very impressive as well and a unique combo for a creative player like him. Look how he absolutely decks the guy (legally) at minute 6:50 in the posted vid.

Comment

^ his 1v1 defensive qualities were indeed one of the more underrated qualities of his game..! yaroo was just a bit mokhy/moody and hard to get him motivated..!! his stamina was weak and his work-rate on the pitch left more to be desired otherwise he was top world class in every other aspects of the game...! especially his dribbling, footwork, vision and composure were freaking phenomenal..!!
                  i dont think any other coach ever beside magath ever managed to get more hustle play and movement w/o the ball outa him on pitch and im sure he busted his rather lazy ass in training as well..!!
                  also noticed that he changed his ball hogging and mostly dribbling style at byern and instead opted far more frequently for simple distribution and smart passing, as very much evident in the vid below..!
                  his first season at Byern was excellent and he only attained his second year contract there automatically when he managed to amass some number (15?) of features in his first year there ..!
                  he was looking set to build on his great 1st season and in the run up to WC06 when he injured himself badly in a much anticipated by us match vs Mehdi's Hamburg in a real tokhmi weather and pitch condition....!
                  to date, still the Most talented and definitely the most entertaining to watch iranian player of all time for me..!!

ps
                  i used to have that exact red jersey of him ...!!? not sure what happened to it..?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                    ^ his 1v1 defensive qualities were indeed one of the more underrated qualities of his game..! yaroo was just a bit mokhy/moody and hard to get him motivated..!! his stamina was weak and his work-rate on the pitch left more to be desired otherwise he was top world class in every other aspects of the game...! especially his dribbling, footwork, vision and composure were freaking phenomenal..!!
                    i dont think any other coach ever beside magath ever managed to get more hustle play and movement w/o the ball outa him on pitch and im sure he busted his rather lazy ass in training as well..!!
                    also noticed that he changed his ball hogging and mostly dribbling style at byern and instead opted far more frequently for simple distribution and smart passing, as very much evident in the vid below..!
                    his first season at Byern was excellent and he only attained his second year contract there automatically when he managed to amass some number (15?) of features in his first year there ..!
                    he was looking set to build on his great 1st season and in the run up to WC06 when he injured himself badly in a much anticipated by us match vs Mehdi's Hamburg in a real tokhmi weather and pitch condition....!
                    to date, still the Most talented and definitely the most entertaining to watch iranian player of all time for me..!!

ps
                    i used to have that exact red jersey of him ...!!? not sure what happened to it..?
                    exactly. At Bayern he was actual used as more of a link player and less of a fantasy number 10. He would link the deep midfield to the attack very efficiently. If you watch in this clip, bayern actually play quite direct football at times, unlike today. the ball dies on a lot of the players semi-often, yet one player (and ballack to some extent as well) stands out as rarely ever misplacing a pass, overdribbling, doing something stupid with the ball and that is AK. The fact he was able to adapt himself so quickly under harsh magath regime coming in from arab lands shows you what a high quality player he was.

If I had to find one player today that I actually think resembles this version AK in a technical sense it would be santi cazorla of a few years back during his time at arsenal. Technically, he was also a fantasy player like AK who was adapted to deeper role by wenger. He had excellent 1v1 defending skills, never got outdribbled, and his ability to break opposition presses and link deep midfield possession to attacking sequences was phenomenal. Obviously the one caveat being that AK's build, physique, stamina at his peak under magath and just naturally as well was far superior to cazorlas.

Comment

It clearly shows Karimi is nervous with no confidence in his first official game in Bayern. As soon as he receives the ball, he chooses the most simple and secure option to pass the ball to the closest player whereas he would have picked a more challenging option in other days.

Also I had forgotten he was damn lucky the referee did not call a penalty at minute 69:20. He clearly made a foul in the box.

All i all it was a good game for him, coming from UAE to play in one of the best teams in the world for the first time. I remember his second game with Bayern was so much better. He had gained a bit of more confidence and from what I remember he scored a goal too.

Comment

Can't believe it has already been 15 years. I still remember his starting debut like it was yesterday. I watched it in Iran with my grandfather on TV. He had a great game scoring and assisting in his starting debut. He had a great preseason too, I was even following his training and I remember the videos folks here on PFDC used to upload from the training matches and he used to score in most of them.
                        Funny thing I remember from that day, Park Ji Sung also had his debut for Man U two hours earlier and only managed to hit the post once. They started together in world's top teams but unfortunately Karimi couldn't keep up with him due to his laziness and that horrible injury against Hamburg in that snowy day.

Comment

I think it was the game after (? versus Leverkusen) where he really stepped it up. Does anyone have that one?

Comment

Btw this was not his debut - his debut was in a 4-2 win over leverkuson, he scored one and assisted the other if i remember correctly.

Comment

Best game was the second against Leverkusen.

I still cant believe that Karimi didnt become the biggest thing in history, i swear in my dreams Karimi was the best player ever worldwide 😄😄, on a good day Ronaldinho would have been nothing.

But he was in europe too late and he really didnt have what Jahanbakhsh for example has and showed the last year in England, fighting no matter what happens

Comment

Working...
                              X