Ali Karimi at Bayern Munich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
    You guys remember Karimi was injured for 3+ months prior to the World cup and almost missed it?
    Him, Zandi, Hashemian and Mahdaikia were all fighting injuries. If that team had sport scientists to help with their fitness, they could have made it out of the Group Stages.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
      Him, Zandi, Hashemian and Mahdaikia were all fighting injuries. If that team had sport scientists to help with their fitness, they could have made it out of the Group Stages.
      Or a coach that controlled the locker room.

Comment

https://fcbayern.com/us/news/2019/11...ern-to-victory
        Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Time was different man, maybe because of my age but 100 goals by a legionair today dont make me happy as 1 goal scored by karimi daei bagheri ..... years ago, ali karimi i had so many dreams too sad his career is over

Comment

Originally posted by RaginG Inferno View Post
            He was never the same after that. It was a terrible knee injury.
            it was ankle injury. but yes he was never the same again sadly

Comment

You wouldn’t have thought AK could defend the way he did. I think Magas wanted him to play the simple ball rather than dribble 10 players and be flashy.

He had done so well to play amongst so many world-class players, perhaps one of the best Bayern of all time.

A number of them left for the English Premier league. AK would have followed suit if it wasn’t for than nasty injury which was again as a result of his defensive duties.
              sigpic
              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                so many world-class players, perhaps one of the best Bayern of all time.
                In Karimi's time?!! I think it was quite the contrary! Bayern experienced two of their worst seasons that at least I have seen. That is exactly one of the reasons that Ballack left Bayern the year after. He wanted to win the CL and he said he couldn't with the players Bayern had at the time. It was only after Karimi left when Bayern started to do major changes, bringing in Ribery and later Robben, etc.

Comment

The best Bayern was the Bayern of late 90s and early 2000s.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                    In Karimi's time?!! I think it was quite the contrary! Bayern experienced two of their worst seasons that at least I have seen. That is exactly one of the reasons that Ballack left Bayern the year after. He wanted to win the CL and he said he couldn't with the players Bayern had at the time. It was only after Karimi left when Bayern started to do major changes, bringing in Ribery and later Robben, etc.
                    exactly, they qualified for europa league instead of UCL at the end of AK 2nd season there.
                    Btw, isn't Bayern the perfect club to get injuried? AK, Robben, Ribéry, Coman, Hernandez...

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      The best Bayern was the Bayern of late 90s and early 2000s.
                      That and 2011 to 2013.

Comment

I still believe it was perhaps one of the best Bayern teams (note one of the best) the fact that top players don’t quite gel may not necessarily be due to the players itself, it could be all kind of things including tactics, management ....

Magas like workhorses and not so much flair, god knows why he bought Wizard Karimi?
                        sigpic
                        Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

https://www.dfb.de/news/detail/merte...nd-170683/p/2/

Per Mertesacker remembering his 1st cap for Germany, arriving in Tehran and how Karimi made the whole German team dizzy.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuZVYVWqLbg

A former Bundesliga player and product of german football sayin Karimi should have been one of the worlds best. Even after all these years its hard to accept that he wasted some of his best years playing for Al Ahli, Qatar SC, Estil Azin and Perspolis.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                              https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DuZVYVWqLbg

A former Bundesliga player and product of german football sayin Karimi should have been one of the worlds best. Even after all these years its hard to accept that he wasted some of his best years playing for Al Ahli, Qatar SC, Estil Azin and Perspolis.
                              Do you know where to see the whole interview?

Ps. Karimi could indeed reach places if he had the determination of let's say, Ali Daei or even Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                                Do you know where to see the whole interview?

Ps. Karimi could indeed reach places if he had the determination of let's say, Ali Daei or even Jahanbakhsh.
                                maybe determination. But as zandi mentions, besides determination it had something to do with his overall happiness. He struggled to every fully adapt to way of life there. Maybe thats because he went so late and spent so much time in iran and qtar, maybe his personality is just like that. He seemed very determined at start wiith bayern, but injuries, new country, weather, etc ,etc seem to have taken a toll on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X