AS Roma vs Perugia (featuring Rahman Rezai) Full game 2002/2003 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sly View Post
    Sorry but I disagree with almost everything you said here, including Hosseini never had an offer from Europe. He had an offer from a bundesliga team (I've forgotten which) but he refused to join them for some reason.
    Wolfsburg?

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
      No need to apologize, you have a different viewpoint or assesment. Do you happen to have a valid source that Seyed Jalal Hosseini had an offer from a club in the Bundesliga? There is no way Hosseini or any other Iranian player who would prefer playing for Sepahan or Perspolis over any club in the Bundesliga. We shouldn't confuse rumors spread on the internet for facts.
      It was not a rumor. I even had the source back at that time. Unfortunately I can neither remember nor find it now. But there have been plenty of times, our players have put down European offers. It's nothing new. Ali Karimi is an example of many.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
        Wolfsburg?
        Could be. Don't remember.

Comment

It was not a rumor. I even had the source back at that time. Unfortunately I can neither remember nor find it now. But there have been plenty of times, our players have put down European offers. It's nothing new. Ali Karimi is an example of many.
          Well if you don't mind i'm going to put in the category rumor has it has it... unless i see a valid source (preferably from a official club site). I'm someone who goes by facts and not just hearsay. Ali Karimi is the most talented player in Iranian history and one of the most talented in Asian history. The way he Maradona styled our opponents was unseen (and even he only really got noticed after our friendly game against Germany in Tehran during the benefit game for the earthquake victims in Bam). So his case is a bit different from the others to put it mildly. Jalal Hosseini never had an offers from Europe, neither are 98% of the transfer rumors regarding Iranian players real. These are mostly rumors spread by their agents (or even excited fans on the internet) to increase their market value. I once spoke to Mobali back in 2005 during his heyday at Foolad (Mobali is from my hometown and we have mutual friends) and i had asked him why he didn't opt for Europe instead of Dubai, and he said that he had never received any offers from Europe, just one serious offer from some Chinese club and that all these transfer rumors regarding him are fake. Fact is that Iranian players are not quite popular in Europe unfortunately.

Comment

Jalal Hosseini is the best Iranian defender I've seen.
            Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

No need to apologize, you have a different viewpoint or assesment. Do you happen to have a valid source that Seyed Jalal Hosseini had an offer from a club in the Bundesliga? There is no way Hosseini or any other Iranian player who would prefer playing for Sepahan or Perspolis over any club in the Bundesliga. We shouldn't confuse rumors spread on the internet for facts.
              Have you met Torabi?

https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/434...oin-Persepolis

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                No i've never met Torabi. I've met Minavand (spoke with him the longest for about one hour), Ali Daei (true gentleman), Farhad Majidi, Mobali, Kaabi and Bakhtiarizadeh amongst others.

Torabi is a great player by the way, i've seen him play live in Azadi, hope he gets a solid offer from an European club to further improve his football.

Comment

Originally posted by kian_khosh View Post
                  I know this is unrelated, but are you from ekbatan ?
                  yea hence the name, grew up there til my teens then moved to US

Comment

No i've never met Torabi. I've met Minavand (spoke with him the longest for about one hour), Ali Daei (true gentleman), Farhad Majidi, Mobali, Kaabi and Bakhtiarizadeh amongst others.

Torabi is a great player by the way, i've seen him play live in Azadi, hope he gets a solid offer from an European club to further improve his football.
                    Ali Daei is awesome. Met him at his store in Tehran when I was a teenager.

Bagheri and Zarrincheh are class acts too.

Did you read the article though? Torabi claims he had European offers and turned it down.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      Ali Daei is awesome. Met him at his store in Tehran when I was a teenager.

Bagheri and Zarrincheh are class acts too.

Did you read the article though? Torabi claims he had European offers and turned it down.
                      iranian players may have euro offers and turn them down. I think sepehr was referring to the fact that Jalal claims he turned down Wolfsburg! At the time of the supposed offer, wolfsburg had either recently been crowned bundesliga champs or may have been a bit earlier, regardless they were one of the really good bundesliga teams. Maybe there was some legit interest, but to turn down a concrete offer from wolfsburg for a year at al ahli or some time at sepahan...seems kind of unlikely esp given that jalal was an ultra professional guy who never gave the impression of money before career.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                        iranian players may have euro offers and turn them down. I think sepehr was referring to the fact that Jalal claims he turned down Wolfsburg! At the time of the supposed offer, wolfsburg had either recently been crowned bundesliga champs or may have been a bit earlier, regardless they were one of the really good bundesliga teams. Maybe there was some legit interest, but to turn down a concrete offer from wolfsburg for a year at al ahli or some time at sepahan...seems kind of unlikely esp given that jalal was an ultra professional guy who never gave the impression of money before career.
                        Some of our players though prefer to stay in Iran for non-money reasons. We are a rather family-oriented culture after all. I personally don't know the dates of Hosseini being linked to the Bundesliga but apparently a year in Al Ahli didn't really seem like a fun time to him either. Maybe he just prefers living in Iran. If his wikipedia is anything to go off it says he majored in German studies. Maybe that was the source material Iranian media needed to make rumours?

We've had plenty of guys who could have played abroad but never seemed to want to jump. Borhani for example. Golmohammadi in his prime. Nikbakht.

Then we had guys who preferred playing in Arab leagues, Kazemian, Jabbari etc.

Then the rare guys who want to challenge themselves regardless of where they go. Haghighi to Portugal/Sweden, Jahanbakhsh to NEC etc. I'm glad there are more and more of these players in the last few years.

I doubt guys like Beiro/PAG initially had trouble with offers but they stayed in Iran of the ME for family/comfort reasons. Torabi just strikes me as the type of guy who would rather live in Iran/ME his whole life. If I had to guess between all of our promising players about which player would struggle the most with the logistics of moving to a different league outside of Iran I'd guess it was him.

Seyed Jalal might have never wanted it is what I'm saying.

Comment

Beiranvand definitely stayed in Iran for family reasons. I think he supports 40+ family members.

Comment

Well if you don't mind i'm going to put in the category rumor has it has it... unless i see a valid source (preferably from a official club site). I'm someone who goes by facts and not just hearsay. Ali Karimi is the most talented player in Iranian history and one of the most talented in Asian history. The way he Maradona styled our opponents was unseen (and even he only really got noticed after our friendly game against Germany in Tehran during the benefit game for the earthquake victims in Bam). So his case is a bit different from the others to put it mildly. Jalal Hosseini never had an offers from Europe, neither are 98% of the transfer rumors regarding Iranian players real. These are mostly rumors spread by their agents (or even excited fans on the internet) to increase their market value. I once spoke to Mobali back in 2005 during his heyday at Foolad (Mobali is from my hometown and we have mutual friends) and i had asked him why he didn't opt for Europe instead of Dubai, and he said that he had never received any offers from Europe, just one serious offer from some Chinese club and that all these transfer rumors regarding him are fake. Fact is that Iranian players are not quite popular in Europe unfortunately.
                            I do agree that lots of rumors come out for Iranian players and their transfer to Europe. Just look at every summer when several Iranian players are linked to Europe but then they end up in either pespes or eses. That is nothing new. I myself always look for facts and never trust rumors. But as far as I remember, Jalal's Bundesliga offer was quite serious. By your definition, we can also add Ali Karimi's atletico offer to the rumors because you can't really find a source for that right now. However everyone knows he had a serious offer from them.

Talking about Ali Karimi and him getting noticed. No dude, sorry but you are wrong. Karimi was not noticed after the Germany game. No professional club gives you an offer only after noticing you in one game. Ali Karimi was already being followed by Magath and scouts for quite a while before the Germany game. Only that game was the decisive factor for them to give him an offer. I also clearly remember the scout of Atletico coming to watch TM games several times to see Karimi when he was 21. He was already being noticed by European scouts at that time.

As for our players and turning down European offers, they do and have done it frequently. Beside the examples given above by several members, I remember Nikbakht had an offer from Villa Real too which he turned down. At that time people said it was only a rumor and some bazargarmi from him as usual. It turned out, they did give him an offer but only for him to play in their B team. He rightly turned it down. So it all depends on the players' mentality, family situation but also on the offer our players receive. It's absolutely not written in stone that every Iranian player who receives a European offer, will 100% accept it.

Comment

I think a lot of our players get interest from Euro teams but not necessarily offers. I doubt Wolfsburg presented Hosseini with an offer, otherwise he would have taken it. Europe isnt far from Iran to say oh they stayed cuz of family. Im sure families would even encourage that and who in Iran these days passes up opportunity to get their foot there. Many of our people kill themselves to just get out of Iran.

A lot of what makes a player good is their ambitions. If they dont have ambition to go far in life then they dont believe in themselves.

Comment

I do agree that lots of rumors come out for Iranian players and their transfer to Europe. Just look at every summer when several Iranian players are linked to Europe but then they end up in either pespes or eses. That is nothing new. I myself always look for facts and never trust rumors. But as far as I remember, Jalal's Bundesliga offer was quite serious. By your definition, we can also add Ali Karimi's atletico offer to the rumors because you can't really find a source for that right now. However everyone knows he had a serious offer from them.
                                Talking about Ali Karimi and him getting noticed. No dude, sorry but you are wrong. Karimi was not noticed after the Germany game. No professional club gives you an offer only after noticing you in one game. Ali Karimi was already being followed by Magath and scouts for quite a while before the Germany game. Only that game was the decisive factor for them to give him an offer. I also clearly remember the scout of Atletico coming to watch TM games several times to see Karimi when he was 21. He was already being noticed by European scouts at that time.
                                As for our players and turning down European offers, they do and have done it frequently. Beside the examples given above by several members, I remember Nikbakht had an offer from Villa Real too which he turned down. At that time people said it was only a rumor and some bazargarmi from him as usual. It turned out, they did give him an offer but only for him to play in their B team. He rightly turned it down. So it all depends on the players' mentality, family situation but also on the offer our players receive. It's absolutely not written in stone that every Iranian player who receives a European offer, will 100% accept it.
                                Regarding Karimi, i believe it was the other way around. After his great performance in the friendly against Germany, they started analyzing his game, the Asian cup in 2004, qualification games for TM, his club performances etc and then decided to sign him. But what arouse their interest in Ali Karimi was his game against Germany and not the other way around. The timeline of his signing for Bayern supports this thesis.

Regarding Iranian players and European offers, i just don't go by rumors or even claims by players themselves, i go by official club websites and that's it. There is alot of fake news going around, and Seyed Jalal Hosseini never had any offers from the Bundesliga otherwise being the ambitious man that i know him to be, he would've taken the offer. Also, he would've earned alot more money in the Bundesliga than in Iran, so it's save to say that the alleged Bundesliga offer to Seyed Jalal Hosseini is fake news.

Comment

Working...
                                X