AS Roma vs Perugia (featuring Rahman Rezai) Full game 2002/2003 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AS Roma vs Perugia (featuring Rahman Rezai) Full game 2002/2003 season

Figured during these lockdown times, we all watch old games.
    Havent seen this one myself but Rahman is starting vs. Roma team that had Totti, Cafu, Samuel, Emerson, Montella, Panucci
    Perugia also had Grosso (2006 WC winner) Miccoli (Juventus loan player)

its mostly one way traffic so you can see him in action plenty times, he wears #24 playing in right hand side of a 3 man backline
    min. 42-45 was interesting moments, he had 2 entanglements with Totti and frustrated him, then Perugia restarts and scores on counter. He was marking Totti a lot all throughout the game.

enjoy https://footballia.net/matches/as-roma-ac-perugia

Never was Rahman Rezaei's fan, he had the right league for his style though. Unfortuntely some much better defenders(Mohammad Khani, Pasha, Yahya) never took it to the next level.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

He was much worse in TM than he was in his club.

I'm surprised Italians didn't buy more Iranian defenders after Rezaei.
      Its one of few countries in Europe where I think Iranians can adapt pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Its one of few countries in Europe where I think Iranians can adapt pretty easily.
        we dont have any talent that stands out and we used to get scouted more back in the day because we had players like Daei leading the way

also our team melli didnt live up to potential, and add that the political and sarbazi crap....Iranian players arent very attractive unless they are very very good

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Never was Rahman Rezaei's fan, he had the right league for his style though. Unfortuntely some much better defenders(Mohammad Khani, Pasha, Yahya) never took it to the next level.
          Thats a bit exaggerated...i dont know if they were MUCH better, maybe slightly but even that's debatable. They never really played top top level like Rezai did and that was the era of good Serie A teams. Playing good for TM against small Asian teams isnt exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

Agreed. If memory serves me correctly, Rezaei conceded the penalties both to Ireland in WCQ2002, and Mexico in WC06. Two huge blunders. Also, let's not forget the Badavi incident...

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
              Agreed. If memory serves me correctly, Rezaei conceded the penalties both to Ireland in WCQ2002, and Mexico in WC06. Two huge blunders. Also, let's not forget the Badavi incident...
              Ya he did have a screw up in 06 and the Badavi incident was hilarious yet sad

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                Ya he did have a screw up in 06 and the Badavi incident was hilarious yet sad
                I know this is unrelated, but are you from ekbatan ?

Comment

Rezaie was a monster in the air- any aerial ball was his. He was a much better defender than some are giving him credit for. He also scored or assisted against Mexico in WC if I recall correctly with a brave header.
                  "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                    Rezaie was a monster in the air- any aerial ball was his. He was a much better defender than some are giving him credit for. He also scored or assisted against Mexico in WC if I recall correctly with a brave header.
                    Golmohammadi scored the goal. Rezaei went in to head and the defenders followed him leading to a scramble and Golmo's goal.

Rezaei actually messed up right after Mirzapour's historic kick and mishandled the ball leading to the turnover and Mexico's 2nd goal.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                      Golmohammadi scored the goal. Rezaei went in to head and the defenders followed him leading to a scramble and Golmo's goal.

Rezaei actually messed up right after Mirzapour's historic kick and mishandled the ball leading to the turnover and Mexico's 2nd goal.
                      How Mirzapour was our starting goalie for 5 years is insane. He couldn't fix his biggest issue which was really bad goal kicks. Mirzapour and Rezaei deflated all momentum we had in the Mexico game with their costly mistakes.

Rezaei also really hurt us in Dublin in the WC qualifier against Ireland.

Comment

Rahman Rezaei was one of the best defenders we ever had and one of the most solid legionnaires, voted multiple times as the best defender in some of the matches in HELLOOO "SERIE A of ITALY"!!!!!
                        Amazing.
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Rezaei was a good defender, one of the best central defenders we've had (at least that i have witnessed). As mentioned in this thread, he made some crucial mistakes, against Ireland, against Mexico, and the incident with Badavi. That being said, he was playing in a team were our then coach Ivankovic did not really have a defensive strategy, so it was difficult to be a defender for TM at that time. I would rate Bakhtiarizadeh, Golmohamadi, Nosrati, and Sadeghi at around the same level as Rezaei, only difference was that they did not move to Europe (or did not get the chance to play in an European league). The best central defender i've seen so far in TM is Seyed Jalal Hosseini, amazing player, too bad he never got an offer to play in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                            Rezaei was a good defender, one of the best central defenders we've had (at least that i have witnessed). As mentioned in this thread, he made some crucial mistakes, against Ireland, against Mexico, and the incident with Badavi. That being said, he was playing in a team were our then coach Ivankovic did not really have a defensive strategy, so it was difficult to be a defender for TM at that time. I would rate Bakhtiarizadeh, Golmohamadi, Nosrati, and Sadeghi at around the same level as Rezaei, only difference was that they did not move to Europe (or did not get the chance to play in an European league). The best central defender i've seen so far in TM is Seyed Jalal Hosseini, amazing player, too bad he never got an offer to play in Europe.
                            Sorry but I disagree with almost everything you said here, including Hosseini never had an offer from Europe. He had an offer from a bundesliga team (I've forgotten which) but he refused to join them for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
                              Sorry but I disagree with almost everything you said here, including Hosseini never had an offer from Europe. He had an offer from a bundesliga team (I've forgotten which) but he refused to join them for some reason.
                              No need to apologize, you have a different viewpoint or assesment. Do you happen to have a valid source that Seyed Jalal Hosseini had an offer from a club in the Bundesliga? There is no way Hosseini or any other Iranian player who would prefer playing for Sepahan or Perspolis over any club in the Bundesliga. We shouldn't confuse rumors spread on the internet for facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X